• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

First Fruit of Justification

Active
There always seems to be discussions about "First Fruits" here at TJ, I know, I have been on a few.

The usual thread is centered around "First Fruits" coming soon after salvation.

I have been reading a book lately "The Holiness of God" by RC Sproul and ,in it, he talks about the first fruit of Justification is peace; that sounds reasonable as he stats that one of the very first fruits is by way of Justification.

Justification is sufficient ,in itself, for a whole other thread but, I think we all can agree, it is of God and not us!

SPROUL further explains, being truly saved by Faith, God institutes devine peace...the war is over! A Holy peace, a peace that is for all eternity, a peace that can not be destroyed!

Active
There always seems to be discussions about "First Fruits" here at TJ, I know, I have been on a few.

The usual thread is centered around "First Fruits" coming soon after salvation.

I have been reading a book lately "The Holiness of God" by RC Sproul and ,in it, he talks about the first fruit of Justification is peace; that sounds reasonable as he stats that one of the very first fruits is by way of Justification.

Justification is sufficient ,in itself, for a whole other thread but, I think we all can agree, it is of God and not us!

SPROUL further explains, being truly saved by Faith, God institutes devine peace...the war is over! A Holy peace, a peace that is for all eternity, a peace that can not be destroyed!
The war may be over once justified, but there's always pockets of resistance that pop up. I guess them are those that have yet to get the message. The Army sends in mop-up crews, a squad or two of infantry with perhaps an armored squad to back them up. We put on the whole armor of God and send in prayers and supplication to God. Both work amazingly well.

Active
I like the way you put that: "once justified "! Justified, just like you haven't sinned.

GOD does the justification, not man and he did it before the foundation of the world, how awesome is that?

He is the "rule maker " and all we have to do is believe in what His son did. He knows our heart and makes the decision to Justify us based on that belief.