• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Finish Strong

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"…I wholly followed the LORD my God….As yet I [am as] strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me…” Joshua 14:8, 11

Following a five-decade career as a pitcher, Leroy “Satchel” Paige became the first Negro Leagues veteran to be nominated for the Hall of Fame on February 9, 1971. Paige broke into the majors in 1948 as a forty-two-year-old rookie, and later pitched three innings at fifty-nine. Asked about his accomplishments at such an experienced age, Satchel famously quoted Mark Twain, “Age is a question of mind over matter, If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”

That’s a statement Caleb, son of Jephunneh, would have fully embraced. As one of the advance spies Moses sent to scout the promised land, he brought back a report detailing the challenges but undergirded by his belief that God could handle whatever giants and walled cities waited. Because of Israel’s unbelief, he didn’t get his chance to make good on God’s promise until he was eighty-five years old.

But when the call to move into the land came, there he was, ready to take the battle to the enemy. Caleb knew that if God was with him, nothing could stop him, not fortified cities nor huge armies nor trick knees, cataracts, and high cholesterol. There are few things more inspiring than a godly man finishing strong, and it starts with the belief that God isn’t done with you till He’s done with you.

Loyal
But when the call to move into the land came, there he was, ready to take the battle to the enemy. Caleb knew that if God was with him, nothing could stop him, not fortified cities nor huge armies nor trick knees, cataracts, and high cholesterol.
The Lord Jesus has been encouraging me much lately this direction. Thank you, Brother Nick, for sharing these encouraging and hopeful words.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 1
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0