• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Finding God Each Day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Praise the LORD! I will thank the LORD with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the LORD! All who delight in him should ponder them. Psalm 111:1-2

Today’s psalm should encourage you to pause and to ponder the works of God around you. How is He present with you today? Can you see how the good and perfect gifts around you are from the Lord? You can see this moment today as an invitation to draw near to God and to become aware of His presence.

It’s easy to run from one task to another and by evening you may wonder where God was throughout the day. Perhaps you even feel abandoned by Him at the end of a busy day. While scripture assures you that He’s always with you, you can surely overlook His presence and gifts for you. Unless you take time to see the Lord’s works around you, you’ll miss out on the delight and joy that belong to you.

You’ll also see more of God’s works if you spend time with His people. As you see the ways that He has blessed your friends and family, you’ll become more aware of Him.

It’s also likely that just as you hit a place of stability, someone in your circle will need a reminder of God’s care. Your enjoyment of God isn’t just for your own benefit, after all.