• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Fight the Storm

Fighting the Storm
By: Michelle Ross

The wind roars, the rain stings as it beats against my skin, thunder rumbles, and lighting flashes across the dark gray sky. Only thing I could do is press forward, continue along the path, and focus moving forward, and not all that surrounds me. My body trembles from the cold and my hair soaked from the rain.
Up ahead I see a light directing me. I focus on that light and continue forward. Waves crash against the boat making it hard to control, but I fight against the storm for I know the light is my safety.
I know that there I can take refuge. So I continue to press forward.
Although the storm intensifies and I feel that I a weakening but I will not rear to the left or to the right nor turn and go back because if I do I won’t be in the direction of the light.
Although I feel weak from the beating I am taking I look forward towards the light and it seems to strengthen me. Holding fast, firm, pushing forward, and moving on I knows that I will reach that safety. My heart pounds and tears of joy fill my eyes as I draw closer towards the light.
The end

Much like us in everyday life ……..
Although we face storms and trials we stand fast and press forward towards the light.
Jesus is the light and the way. When you feel you can’t handle any more, that is when he will come in and carry you to safety. So be strong and courageous and know he will never leave you nor forsake you. Follow Jesus he is the way.

James 1:2-12
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 that man should not think he would receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

9 the brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10 but the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11 for the sun rise with scorching heat and wither the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.

12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
(From the Holy Bible: New International Version.

Last edited:
Your right Strypes we do need to stay focused or we will sink bless you sister for your comment Love your sister in Christ forever

Very very good sister ! Unfold you're heart , open it wide , and let the treasure's of the life of GOD that dwell's within flow like a rianbow colored stream into our empty cups that we may drink of GODS beauty within you , and we will be refreshed in our spirit , and be strengthened in our souls ! Then we will rejoice and thank GOD for blessing us with such a beautifull sister , and servant of our LORD ! TOGETHER IN HIS GRACE ... BROTHER

Hi! sister in Jesus.

:boy_hug: And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. Matthew 8:26

Your brother in Jesus, :love: Yeshua

you know i written this story a while back and these last few days i have been really in the worsed storm ever had to face you all our my family so i feel that i can turn to you for your support in prayer and encouragement. I was asked to leave my home today with my children 6 yrs of marriage and long battles of trying to save it then the Lord reminded meof this story i wrote i came in to reread it when he gives me things i write them and read them but never really read it this time on this one. i feel like i am in a hurricane WINDS TOSSING ME EVERY DIRECTION RAIN PIERCING MY SKIN!
but reading this story i know i need to stay focused on the lord i have to trust him in wht ever my future holds i have to believe he will carry me through i cant lose my faITH! please keep me in your prayers as well i love you all

Forever , I am praying for you and have missed you very much . Please contact me if there is anything I can do . Love You're Brother in JESUS , Mike :boy_hug:

Forever.

Know that I am praying for you. You know that you can contact me anytime, i'm here for you.

Love your sister in Christ,

AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

No matter how stronge the storm no matter how far the clearing seems no matter how long it last God always comes to the rescue we need to remember that our GOD is a loving GOD and he will always carry us through no matter how it appears keep our eyes on the unseen!

I justv wanted to say that as we seek His devine grace there are times when we may face things which seem unbearable but if we continue to seek Him we cant do nothing but succeed. stay diligent in your devotions and your way on the golden path.

your friend in christ

robert

Well! said Robert.

Well! said Robert.

Newlife4ever said:
I justv wanted to say that as we seek His devine grace there are times when we may face things which seem unbearable but if we continue to seek Him we cant do nothing but succeed. stay diligent in your devotions and your way on the golden path.

your friend in christ

robert