Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Feels good to be here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Torchbearer33, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Hi all.
    Jesus came to me a few years ago in a mystical revelation. I'm here to share my experience and hear about others. Also interested in bible interpretations, and end-times speculation.

2. I know you wrote a piece that has people scratching thier heads. "If you die tonight". Lol But i know to Lord touched you as you say.

So im telling everyone here, not to be so wary, this person is a new Christian just learning.

For those who understand. The Spirit moved in me when i read his introduction. I felt it was correct that he had an experience in Jesus.

So help him chad. Teach.

3. Welcome to Talk Jesus @Torchbearer33

Enjoy the forum and online Christian fellowship

4. Welcome to Talk Jesus @Torchbearer33
    Hope you find fellowship, growth in Christ Jesus and His Word. .

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    Nick
    <><

5. :shades:
    All are welcomed, yet not all stay.

As a Moderator Brother, I'm Wary by Nature, tying the threads of their words to see if Christian they are, but will always attempt to share the Love of the Lord even in correction/guidance. :love:

With the Love of Christ Jesus brother.
    Nick
    <><

6. Thank you!
    That's a nice way of putting it :)
    Glad to hear it!
    Thank you :)
    Thanks, Nick :)
    ....Part of the reason I came on here. I have a few beliefs that are pretty 'out there,' and I wanted to see what the general consensus is amongst Christians. So, tell me, what makes a Christian? What does one have to believe and do in order to qualify? And what are the disqualifiers?

7. I've noticed the out there.....which considering that this is a Christian Forum you might not be long for :(
    Still, while you're here....To answer your question.

The Gospel
    You can encapsulate it thus:

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Still it's not just a belief, but a way of life. However, truth is required of it. For people believe in many things, and personages throughout history. Falsehoods abound.

You're welcome to read my testimony on my bio. on how I was drawn to the Lord. I don't count it special in a Road to Damascus way. Still it is mine to share. :)

As a Christian, I've found out that a variety of doctrines abound, but in truth the one telling item that makes Christianity different. Jesus the Christ died & rose again. I know of only one whose resting place is empty (resurrection) and is not dead but Lives and that is Jesus Christ! Witnessed to as well. All have a choice to accept or deny the Gospel's truth.

However, attempting to reconcile an amalgamation of differing religions into a singular belief satisfactory to only self. May assuage your consciousness, but lacks a truth that does not require man's belief to stand.

So, the decision is yours. Cobble together Jesus with the other Holy Men of other religions as you have done. Disregarding Jesus' own words. Which make him not an enlightened man, only a crazy one. Or believe Him to be who He said He is. Finding through the Gospel, Life, that Jesus who died for your sins, buried and rose. Was able to give what you could not. So, that you might truly live.

On whom will you believe this day Torchbearer33?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    Nick
    <><

Dave M likes this.
  8. There are only two types of religions in the world.

1. You work you way to heaven, by doing things. Your good deeds out number you bad deeds type of thing

2. Christianity Jesus did all the work for us and we are saved because we believe in him the God almighty. We can never work our way to heaven, because we will never be good enough. So