• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Feeling helpless

I've been suffering with many mental issues for some time now(major depression,anxiety,social phobia). I feel helpless at times & worthless. I went to my Doctor today to have my meds adjusted. I feel I have hit the bottom. I cry very easily! I cry when I sing worship songs at church & even in the car. What is God trying to tell me?
I try hard to fit in & socialize after church but it causes anxiety for me. I feel like I'm in this little invisible box & can't get out. People probably think I'm being rude when I don't talk to them, but you don't know how debilitating mental illness is & how much it interferes with your life. I read the Bible & pray but sometimes I have feelings of insincerity & God doesn't hear me.
Help!

mazie, I do no personally know of a christian who has not by times felt helpless, worthless, insecure and like God is`nt listening. Add to that depression and anxiety, and I can only imagine how difficult socializing at all is for you. I cannot say God is trying to tell you anything, but without a doubt He is trying to offer you comfort and lift you out of your despair. Feeling alone, and keeping those feelings hid inside, only breeds more feelings of isolation, so may I suggest you find someone to reach out to at church, a member, or your pastor? I know this may be difficult, but it is important! Or ask God to send someone to you that you can talk to, He will do that for you. When we reach out to God, He always reaches back, and its usually thru someone He places in our path. You can be sure He is listening, look around you, sometimes we find Him answering in the most unusual ways!

Thank you Coconut for your reply. I find it difficult to talk to people even in my church--I don't know why. I guess that I'm just use to these feelings I have & I'm scared to step out & fully receive from the Lord. That's mostly what I need prayer for. God grant me the strength, faith & courage to step out of this invisible box I'm in!

I know God will answer your prayer mazie, in Jesus name!
And may I add a prayer that He will give you a fresh revelation of
His love for YOU. (something lifes questions have left me in need of so many times !) He cares for you (thats His Word, and its not past tense, as in He only cared about you at your time of salvation, or future tense, only caring about your destiny, but He cares for you NOW, in this moment, so continue to look for Him. Peace to you.

Thanks Coconut!! I know God cares for me & loves me. I Guess I needed to hear it, & God has done that for me through you!
God Bless

mazie, God doesn't want you to be anxious, as Coconut said He loves you. This verse comes to mind for you - Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine." Think on that verse - isn't it so awesome that the King of kings and Lord of lords actually chose you, that's how much He loves you. :shade:

Thanks for the uplifting words & prayers! I feel God is working in my life, I just need to listen up & tune in more.

Battle for the Mind.

[Below link(s) were approved by Chad in accordance with Talk-Jesus rules]

God Says= http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?t=1218

It is Written about You= http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?t=1122

God can Use You= http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?t=1295

mazie said:
I've been suffering with many mental issues for some time now(major depression,anxiety,social phobia). I feel helpless at times & worthless. I went to my Doctor today to have my meds adjusted. I feel I have hit the bottom. I cry very easily! I cry when I sing worship songs at church & even in the car. What is God trying to tell me?
I try hard to fit in & socialize after church but it causes anxiety for me. I feel like I'm in this little invisible box & can't get out. People probably think I'm being rude when I don't talk to them, but you don't know how debilitating mental illness is & how much it interferes with your life. I read the Bible & pray but sometimes I have feelings of insincerity & God doesn't hear me.
Help!

Thank you Yeshua, I now have many things to consider & many points to ponder. Thanks for bringing it into the light!

You are loved . I will pray for you . Life is hard . God will help you . Peace . Mike

sunshine307 said:
mazie, God doesn't want you to be anxious, as Coconut said He loves you. This verse comes to mind for you - Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine." Think on that verse - isn't it so awesome that the King of kings and Lord of lords actually chose you, that's how much He loves you. :shade:
Reminds me of a song sunshine307 that we sing at church. It's titled "Fear Not"

Fear not, for I am with you
Fear not, for I am with you,
Fear not, for I am with you says the Lord(repeat)
I have redeemed you, I have called you by name
Child, you are Mine
When you walk through the water, I will be there, and through the flame.
You'll not(no way!) be drowned. You'll not(no way!) be burned
For I am with you

Remember that mazie. As Mike said, life is tough, and the enemy tries to bring you down, but we serve and Awesome God who can do awesome things!!!!! I think about that daily, in depth, how Awesome He really is. God bless!
HM

Feelings and Understanding

:rose: :rose: Hey Maize. Know excactly how you feel. I have a pretty heavy duty mental illness too and it is a struggle to keep afloat. In the dullest and most painful days, I try to remember that it is only passing and I will get better soon. I understand social phobia, it has taken it's toll on me.
Best we can do Maize, is just do and believe in God and know that He loves us and has a purpose, for even someone who feels like they are a social misfit.
Boy, those meds eh? What a life to life, when the organ of your body called the brain, is somehow out of kilter. I wish everyone would view mental illness with the same compassion that they would, kidney disease, liver ailments, heart trouble, etc...
I will say a special our Father for you, more than once. I am glad you were able to reach out here and I will pray that you feel less socially inept around folk.
Take care and smiles: Pixie p.s. If you need to talk to someone, just write a pm to me. I'll be there for you

I can't thank you guys enough for all your prayers & kind words of encouragement! God has truly blessed me with Talk Jesus,in being that it is easier to come out of my shell here & be uplifted by my Christian Family. I do have a feeling of peace in my heart.

pixie said:
I wish everyone would view mental illness with the same compassion that they would, kidney disease, liver ailments, heart trouble, etc...
pixie-
Nicely put! I have a mom who has a brain disorder, and a good friend's dad who has a mental illness. Some people just look at them, and say "Oh, you're not that sick. Why aren't you holding a job?" It sort of reminds me of the ad for Hepatits C. There's a guy on the page, with a purple, beat up face.At the bottom in bold letters it says " You would do something about Hepatitis C if it were making your face look like this." It's the same concept as a mental disorder. If it were on your knee, on your arm, somewhere on the outside of the body, people wouldn't view it that way. It's very sad actually. "Don't judge a book by it's cover."
God bless,
HM

honey i been there i was there for many years, i was told to ever stop meds, i stopped all meds doest cover up the root of the problem.you have to search deep inside yourself to see whats causing your pain stay in gods word. if you need to talk my email is missyshistzu@yahoo.com god i there

Dear Maize, I know what your going through for real. You just be who you are before God ALONE and work on not feeling inadequate before people. All people have shortcomings even those who are not mentally ill. So become strong before God and IN Jesus only. It takes time. I DID IT!

Hey Mazie! I am praying for you! You know I wasnt diagnosed with your problems, but I feel I had social phobia and anxiety at an extent. Most of my life My mother was a single mother raiseing me n my 2 sisters and our mother didnt really get us out much. Anytime wed go to church or a party, we were always real quiet and noone would talk to us. So my mother remarried a couple years ago and he has a big family and it was alot getting used to. We moved closer to the church we would casually atend, so we decided to make it our own church. So I would always feel socially akward and would never talk. I was like a mute! When people would come up to me to talk, i would freeze...like I couldnt say anything and I couldnt wait for them to walk away. I really had a problem. But then I got used to my church and I started to pray for boldness, and I would start to feel more comfortable around people. But I think the main problem was my self esteem. All of my life, I would feel unloved and ugly, and i would feel uncomfortable with being around people, and people looking at me. But as iv been getting closer to God and Iv realized how much Jesus loves me, day by day it's getting better. So my advice to you, is to start being comfortable with who you are, and know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Start praying for boldness and peace,a nd hell give it to you! God will take it all away, you just have to trust him and allow his peace to take control!! GOD BLESS YOU :)

Mazie my friend, let me share some things I have raised my family on.

Talking to people:

Stand up tall and straight.

Look them in the eye when you are talking.

Expect them to like you after all you are a nice person with plenty of good qualities. This will help you to be at ease and that in turn puts the other person at ease.

Do a lot of listening. Often one or two questions is all that is needed. Most people love to talk about themselves and if you are attentive in listening they will walk away thinking that you are a great conversationalist.

Smile. For some this is difficult to do but if needed try this; Smile at yourself in the mirror for 5 to 10 minutes a day. Soon you will find yourself smiling all the time and that illicits a good response from most people.

Practice these things and you will learn to relax as you see them working. This is a way of retraining your mind in it's reactions to social situations. There is nothing wrong with you as a person and these things (mal-adaptive thoughts) can be overcome.

As far as your doc make sure he has done a complete blood work on you including testing your thyroid levels as this can also contribute to or cause these types of issues.

I am pleased you are growing in Christ, keep up the good work.
Many blessings in Jesus wonderful Name,
brother Larry.

Helpless

If you call this number 800-829-2678 they offer a free CD about the issues you are facing. I enrolled my daughter in the courses and they were life changing. In a nutshell, fear, anxiety, feeling inferior are all results of how we think. This CD helps you walk out of these issues and helps you to re-new your mind to the truth. Most of these conditions you are experiencing are a result of your thoughts. They are strongholds, but with the grace of God they are easily pulled down. You will be a totally new person if you put into practice the things taught on the series. I would also recommend Joyce Meyers book Battlefield of the Mind. It really hits this area square between the eyes.

God bless you,

Trucker