• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Father, Son, Holy Spirit! Is the Holy Spirit Masculine or Feminine?

Loyal
Take a look at Titus 1:5 & 6 "For this reason I left you in Crete , that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you--- vs 6 if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination."

1 Timothy 3: 1- most of the chapter. "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop he desires a good work. vs 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; vs 8 likewise deacons vs 11 likewise, their wives ....vs 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. "

Wasn't Paul's comment that if a man can be single and not have thoughts of desiring a woman then fine? Because a single person can devote their time entirely to God's work and a married person needs to fulfill the marital needs of his wife.
He Did go on 3 missionary journeys with another man.

The Anointing - is seen in the Bible - referred to his servants as his very own children, as we see in multiple verses.

In fact Yahoshua called them as “ Children “

Mar 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, CHILDREN, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Yahoshua said - Mar 10:24 answering again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Mar 2:19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
Mar 7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
We also find that Yahoshua also referred to his servants as his mother, father and sisters and brothers.

The Anointing, Yahoshua did not regard others in a masculine or feminine way.

Mat_12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Mar_3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

The bible shows that God is a Spirit. Yet the Spirit of God can relate to his creation as a mother figure with motherly love and compassion as a mother would her children.
We see - Isa 66:13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

and - Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
and - Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings.

This is why Yahoshua did not marry a wife, nor did he have an earthy mother and father that conceived or procreated him by seed from man and egg of a woman. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit, God was his father .

St. Paul lived the same type of lifestyle - he, as Yahoshua spent his entire ministry running for his life in great danger, he also lived a life of being abused, beaten, whipped, imprisoned and placed in chains. He spent years in prison. Yet when he was free or let loose - he would go on missionary trips to various cities throughout the gentile world.
He was not dedicated to even one specific church; he traveled around delivering the scriptures to many churches and distributed scriptures to others. Paul was not a bishop or a deacon nor had any opportunity to have wives with children and a family. He knew if he did, they also would also be persecuted or killed if he continued in his ministry.

Also, there were very few women and even few men who were interested in doing what he did and his lifestyle of living in constant danger, torture, violence oppression and always running for his life. He had no opportunity to settle down in one location and find a wife and have a family.

Also, when we look at the Greek manuscripts we see what the original message was here in - 1Ti 3:2

ORIGINAL GREEK MANUSCRIPTS - 1Ti 3:2 Must therefore the Bishop uninterrupted be a wife husband sober sober wisely orderly hospitable instructive.

1Ti 3:2 δει must ουν therefore τον the επισκοπον Bishop ανεπιληπτον uninterupted ειναι be μιας a γυναικος wife ανδρα husband νηφαλεον sober νηφαλιον sober σωφρονα wisely κοσμιον orderly φιλοξενον hospitable διδακτικον instructive.

In the manuscripts, Timothy literally repeated the word “ sober - sober “ the word was repeated twice. We see that God intended the elders, bishops and deacons to be family men and to be uninterruptedly - be a wife’s husband. In other words just a stable man with a family who knows how to take care of his own home and family - this would make him able to govern the church properly.

Would it make any sense to hold to the idea that the Holy Spirit is neither masculine or feminine ?

Also, we see that Yahoshua did not marry a woman or have relationships with women - or even a normal relationship with his own mother. In fact in the bible, we never see him addressing his own mother by calling on her as " mother " We see him calling her as " woman "

Even the disciples and people in his life - in the way that we would normally think of humans having casual platonic friendship relationships, even just as male friends, he expressed his love but it was an expression of love from above on a higher level - in the way that God would express love, in a mentality and mindset of looking down from above and seeing the entire picture. Yahoshua was always one step ahead of everyone around him ready for the next step in his ministry. He had knowledge of the future and knew what was in the hearts and minds of all people around him.

The apostles and disciples truly held firm to their faith and pursued after him even giving their lives to spread the good news of The Lord, Yahoshua, The Anointing.

Staff Member
Verse :18 BY THIS THEN MORE SOUGHT HIM, THE JEWS TO KILL, THAT NOT ONLY BREAKING THE SABBATH BUT ALSO THE FATHER IS HIS OWN, SAYING THE GOD EQUALED HIMSELF, MAKING HIM GOD.
Hello Brother,
Been a while, but then that would be the case if we were writing letters. :smile:

Anyway, I'm not a linguist, nor am I as familiar as you are with the Greek. And for as much as I appreciate the time and effort it took you to compile your post. It was truly beyond my understanding of your original thought, and so my simple question to you now.

Why were the Jews incensed and seeking to kill Him if not for the reason that they believed that Jesus in saying He was the Son of God was by this admission also making Himself equal to God? Whether in Greek you provided or even the English translation which I take from YLT, I ask you why the Jews desired to kill Jesus, besides the breaking of the Sabbath?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
@only son -- Holy Spirit indicates 'Spirit' neither male nor female. And the other two parts of the deity are referred to in the male gender. God the Father / Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Also -- Jesus Christ did have friendships with women -- there were a couple of Mary's -- but , no, He never got married.

Thank you for responding to my post.

Please keep in mind that when we open the manuscripts and see the basic layout of the Greek words found in, John 5 :18 - word for word exactly.

BY THIS THEN MORE SOUGHT HIM, THE JEWS TO KILL, THAT NOT ONLY BREAKING THE SABBATH BUT ALSO THE FATHER IS HIS OWN, SAYING THE GOD EQUALED HIMSELF, MAKING HIM GOD.

Honestly, I would not want to add my alternative ideas and narratives by inserting or popping in - adding - my own personal contributing involvement into the Bible narrative.
The Bible is a book that organizations of the government have done nothing - but write doodle articles, documentaries, publications and thesis about this very book, while waiting for nearly 2000 years before they actually translate the book ?

And simultaneously - banning, outlawing, prohibiting and making illegal the translation of the book for nearly 2000 years, under the punishment of the death penalty and severe torture - while doing absolutely nothing - but - writing personal publications and publishing articles about the book - instead of actually translating it.

These many publications, written documentaries, commentary and articles are the writing of who are called - the church fathers, these written documents are thousands of pages of descriptions about the bible - yet the organizations never actually translate the book until nearly 2000 years after the book was actually written.

I was hoping that a brilliant mind, such as yourself could take a close look at the message in John 5 :18 - and see if this message does say that Yahoshua did say that the Father was his own personally. - By him saying - “ The father is my own “ in direct conjunction to relating to himself there, taking full authority, complete dominion and power - over - to decide for himself “ The Laws Concerning The Sabbath “ - to have the last words of authority, to make law and declare that he has full control over the Sabbath Law. After saying this, he related all of this, declaring the statement “ The father is my own “
Regardless of what he intended to mean in this particular small statement – we see that the Jews wanted to kill him because by saying all of these things - to the Jews, these statements about the Sabbath relating to basing the authority to saying “

The father is my ownership “ possession “ this claim - equivocated him directly - saying “ THE GOD EQUALED HIMSELF, MAKING HIM GOD “
NOT ONLY BREAKING THE SABBATH - BUT ALSO THE FATHER IS HIS OWN.

BY THIS THEN MORE SOUGHT HIM, THE JEWS TO KILL, SAYING THE GOD EQUALED HIMSELF, MAKING HIM GOD.

I was not there and am not as fluent in Hebrew as the Jews were at this time - perhaps being mainly an English speaker, maybe I would have not taken his statement to directly mean what the Jews around him had interpreted him to have meant. However, he said it in such a way that there was no doubt, no question in the mind of the Jews – that he was saying he was equal with the father in the determination of the Sabbath Law. He somehow led them to believe that he thought of himself as the same authority of the Father.

Claiming to be a son of God was nothing new to the Jews, the Jews already believed that the servants of God are also called the “ Sons And Daughters Of God “

The Jews were not - “ Muslims “ or Trinitarians - they believed God was a father for thousands of years. Yet the Muslims and Trinitarians would attempt to convince people that this idea was something completely new and invented by the understanding of their own organizations prophecies, revelations and spiritual conventions in scriptural rendering. BUT - they already accepted that they were SONS OF GOD - God was their father. This was nothing new. !
This was never a problem that Yahoshua had with the Jews. Calling yourself a son of God is not anything new or rare in the bible. Yet if we read the Trinitarian Translation, we are led to believe that the Jews were upset because Yahoshua made a slip of the tongue and blasphemed God by saying that God was his father. This is completely absurd and perverse to even imagine..

The idea of the servants of God - are called the “ SONS OF GOD “ this teaching and clear understanding is all throughout the entire Old Testament. Here are at least 78 verses that show that the Jews believed undoubtedly that they all were sons and daughters of God.

And the term “ SON OF GOD “ is mentioned at least - 78 times in the New Testament and 12 times in the Old.

The term “ SON OF GOD “ is mentioned at least - 12 times in the Old Testament = Gen 6:4, -- Job 1:6, 2:1, -- Job 38:7 -- Rom8:14, 19, -- Phlp 2:15, -- 1Joh 3:1 – 2 -- 2Co_6:18
Here The Bible defines what it means to be a SON OF GOD = Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Also = Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
And = 1Ch 22:8 But the word of the LORD came to King David – saying that Solomon :10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be My own( Gods ) Son, and I will be his Father.
And = 1Ch 28:6 And ( The Lord ) said unto me David, -concerning Solomon thy son, I - ( GOD ) have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.
And = Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

To change the original layout of the manuscript and - re – arrange the words, add words, delete words and switch words and passages around to mold and conform to a new idea nearly 2000 years after the book was written - this tells us exactly why done nothing was done with the bible - outside of the production of thousands of written doodelitic articles, documentaries, publications and writing spiritual thesis - about the book, while waiting for nearly 2000 years before they actually translate the book.

My earnest goal is to only reflect the original message. I hope this answers any underlying questions for what is always my understanding of my original thought.

Concerning the idea of the Holy Spirit not being addressed in the bible as a “ HE “ / male. I quiet sure that even the European Translators have no problem labeling the Holy Spirit as a male = “ HE “
Also in Joh 14:26 - the translators define the Holy Spirit as a “ MALE SEX “ = HE.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
My only understanding about this is exactly what the bible says, God is a spirit and is invisible and God does not differentiate, set apart or distinguish a difference between himself who “ himself is a spirit “ and the Trinitarian “ HOLY SPIRIT “

We know that Yahoshua had females, women who he was friendly and honorable in his relationship. But what we notice is that Yahoshua spoke to them in the scriptures, they show that it was much more than just casual conversations and relationships as normal boundaries of friendship. He spoke to them with authority and purpose concerning his identity.

Mat 26:50 And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: :42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: :26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. :40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: :26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

FINALLY - IN - CONCLUSION……
Can we declare that - We are so thankful that God's Holy Spirit has come down to us in the form or morph of his precious son.

May we rest assured that - In John Chapter 8: - Yahoshua tells us three beautiful things here …

i COME OUT FROM THE GOD - i COME NOT ALSO FROM / OF MYSELF - i COME NEITHER MYSELF I - SENT -

How I love the understanding - that Yahoshua and his saving blood was never a mere separate, distinct, individual PERSON from God -

He and his saving blood was not a mere “ departing exiting FORM “ nor MORPH * of his OWN pre - existence. - - or not even a departed FORM or MORPH of his own self " himself. "

This is the most amazing salvation that God has given, for God to morph / form - himself and lower himself from what he existed as and step down in humility and become a man, in submission to the Holy Spirit of God that conceived him.

For almighty Father and Creator - The God to CHANGE his FORM, modify and change / alter himself from that which he was - and lower himself and take on the form of - in the morph / form of God and lowered Himself and became a servant of GOD and was changed, lowered and moved and altered - to sit " in " the right of God - until his enemies were a footstool. This is Yahoshua, The Anointing / Christ - The Blood of the Holy Spirit - the Anointing,

The Holy Spirit Of The Invisible Father,- the blood of the lamb sitting in the throne of God the Father and Creator, OUT FROM GOD- returning from where he exited OUT from.

This is a wonderful salvation - that God answers the question, explaining the very reason was that he said to have moved or - to have changed his form and altered himself stepping down - lowering himself as only a servant of God - to sit in the Right of God - until - such and such a time.- is because this is not where he already pre - existed - nor was nor had always existed nor will always exist.

When Yahoshua, he returns from out of the Father, will the invisible spirit EVER EVEN HAVE ANY NEED - to speak, saying to himself " My right is another co equal - co eternal and another distinct separate distinct person besides me. ?

John 8:42
i COME OUT FROM THE GOD -
i COME NOT ALSO FROM - OF MYSELF -
i COME NEITHER MYSELF I - SENT -

- εγω I - γαρ FOR - εκ FROM - ου THE - θεου GOD - εξηλθον CAME OUT, - και ALSO - ηκω COME - ουδε NOT - γαρ ALSO - απ OF - εμαυτου MYSELF - εληλυθ COME, - αλλ NEITHER - εκεινος MYSELF - με I - απεστειλεν SENT.

“ We see the creating spirit with the ability to depart – exit and take out a portion of its spirit and go down to earth and FORM “ and MORPH itself into a man by conceiving itself in the womb of a woman.
Why inject the idea that - this man, the spirit and identity and origin of this human - is a separated transformed and morphed representation or manifestation of his OWN individual seperated pre - existence as another separate distinct person of a triplet Godhead - or even a departed, pre existing, seperate person, as a form or MORPH of his own self " himself. " separate with God ?

Yahoshua denied this in every single last way possible.

John 8:42
i COME OUT FROM THE GOD -
i COME NOT ALSO FROM - OF MYSELF -
i COME NEITHER MYSELF I - SENT -

I have no power of miracles, no will of my own, I can do absolutely nothing of mine own self –
He has no power, No control, No miracles, No knowledge and there is no good and honor in Him . . Saying - why do you call me " good " ? -- There is no one good but God alone.

Is this why whenever - Yahoshua said you must eat the flesh _ and drink his blood - He directed them to understand that his physical body is of no value, no profit, meaningless - but it is the WORD that he speaks - this is what they are to digest and eat. This is why he is called - THE ANOINTING. / Christ. His identity is neither male or female - AND THERE IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE - to believers who are in Yahoshua, The Anointing. The Holy Spirit. How more clear can this be ?

Last edited:
Loyal
The people wanted to kill Jesus Christ because He said He was equal with the Father. "I and my Father are One" -- in reality Jesus Christ GAVE His life for us on the cross.

The thing with translating from one language to another is that every language has it's own alphabet. Well -- for instance translating from Spanish to English -- sentence structure is different -- some of the letters are the same some are different.
Some don't exist in English but do in Spanish. So -- at times -- to make sentences read more smoothly -- various connective words are added. Making sure to Not change any meaning of the sentence. No translator takes his own thoughts and adds them into any text. And there are usually at least a few translators working on a given translation project.

Translators have been working on Bibles continually over the years.

And I have complete confidence in the Bibles we have Now. The KJV, NKJV, NAS these three are the main ones. Oh, and the ESV is probably the newest. And I Do have an older NIV study Bible. But I mainly use the New KJV.

Yes this is true, but we begin to look at the manuscripts we begin to see a very different picture.

For example, the Jews attempting to have Yahoshua tried by the Roman government explained exactly why they thought he should be found guilty.

Joh 19:7 We have a law according to our law, and according to our law, we die when himself the son of God creates.

In other words, the Jews were not upset because Yahoshua had said that God was his father and that he was the son of God. This is completely contrary to what the entire Old Testament is about. The Scriptures are filled with passages where the teaching was plan and clear.

The people of Israel are the Sons and Daughters of God - and God is their father.

Also, here are at least 25 more verses

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?
Isa 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
Hos 1:10 it shall be said unto Israel, Ye are the sons of the living God.
Exo 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
Deu 1:31 The LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son,
Deu 8:5 as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.
Jer 31:20 Is Ephraim my dear son.
Mal 3:17 I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Psa 82:6 all of you are children / children / sons of the most High.
Deu 32:6 the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee ?
Isa 43:6 The Lord will say - bring my children / sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
Isa 63:8 The Lord said - they are my children that will not lie.
Isa 63:16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.
Psa 103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them
Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay,
Jer 3:4 + :19 Will you not from this time cry unto me, My father, thou art the guide of my youth?
Jer 3:14 + :22 Turn, O backsliding children.
Jer 31:9 I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Jer 3:19 Thou shalt call me, “ THE LORD “ My father; and shalt not turn away from me.
Deu 1:31 The LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son.
Mal 1:6 If then I “ THE LORD “ be a father, where is mine honour?
1Ch 17:13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
1Ch 29:10 David said, Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
Deu 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.

The Babylonian Talmud - 3rd to 5th Centuries AD, - Ta’anit 25b says “Our Father, our King, we have no king but you! Our Father, our King, on your own account have mercy on us!”. This prayer was recited on the 10 days of Awe (leading to the Day of Atonement).

The Mishnah - says that before the destruction of the 2nd Temple in 70AD Jews used to pray “Upon whom shall we depend? Upon Our Father who is in heaven”. (Mishnah Sotah 9:15)

The ( - Midrash Psalms 25:13 – Buber edition Page 214 ) A Jewish Prayer says “May it be the will of our Father in Heaven” 4

The Jewish sage Ben Sira, 200 years before Yeshua, prayed “O Lord, Father and Master of my life… O Lord, Father and God of my life”

(Ben Sira 23:1,4). Also “Lord you are my Father; do not forsake me in the days of trouble, when there is no help against the proud” (Ben Sira 51:10)

In a fragment of The Dead Sea Scrolls (written hundreds of years before Yeshua) was found the title “Our Father” (4Q511 fragment 127 line 1)

The Jews were upset because - Yahoshua was clearly continually making himself - The Father.

Yahoshua was saying to them in clarity - the son of God has created himself as the literal Father himself and come down to earth, as a man.

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

These are the statements that Yahoshua is saying that is angering the Jews. If you have looked upon me - you have looked upon the father. Looking at me, seeing me - is looking at and seeing - the father.

My father and myself we are one. { .1 } This is why they wanted to kill him. When Yahoshua says - my father and Myself are ONE - he is telling them that he and the father are the same literal exact God.
A primary numeral ,1...

They are not two persons - where Yahoshua - is simply the Son and God is his father. This concept was already accepted and validly acknowledged and believed and understood by all of the Jews. This is what they believed for thousands of years.. They all were sons and daughters of God and God was a father to all of his people. Yahoshua was angering them again and again, repeating this idea continually saying - that he claims to be the physical manifestation of the father. He and the father are - ONE SINGULAR identity.

Why would the Jews be upset about a man claiming to be a son of God and claiming God was his father - when the scriptures are filled with never ending passages deeply pronouncing and commanding them to believe - accept, understand, believe and live their lives in the surety and undenying certainty THAT God is THEIR father and the Israelites all - are - Sons and Daughters of God ?

How is this a blasphemous statement to the Priests and people - when it is throughout the entire law and nearly every author of the scriptures is saying the same exact thing about all of Israel.

Loyal
One of the passages you used was Ben Sira 23:1-4 -- just looked it up. It's not part of the Canon of Scripture --not even included in the Jewish Scriptures.

I just looked up John 19 : 7 "The Jews answered him,"We lave a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Him self the son of God."

Well -- the Children of Israel are God's Chosen People. But, as a people group, they did not accept Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah. As a group, they were a rebellious people.

'We' become sons / daughters of God through accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior.

You brought up John 5:18 "Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. " It was in your post 66.

aND YOU ALSO mENTION THE THE bABYLONIAN tALMUD -- THERE'S A LOT OF jEWISH lITERATURE. sORRY ABOUT MY KEYBOARD.