• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Father problems

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

This is kind of a weird story bur here it goes,
My dad and I just had an argument, I won't say what it about because it's not worth mentioning
Anyway he called my brother mentally ill because he didn't want to do a "chore"

I told him he couldnt say that to someone no matter what they say to you, after all the Bible says to turn the other cheek. He desagreed he thinks that as the father he in his own words "is king if the house". I told him, it doesn't matter who you are, there's no such thing as a Bible for children and a Bible for parents, we all still have to obey the same rules. He disagreed again. He then told me that my brother is sick because he doesn't listen and do said chore, and there's something wrong with him. I blew my top and told him that he was conceited a hypocrite, a jerk, and that I've never seen someone who acts like him before. he then told my that I was insane because I had the nerve to tell him that. We don't normally argue in our family but since this stupid pandemic and crap, things haven't been going to well, I want to get our family back together again, but he refused to admit he's wrong, what can I do to make him see that he can't call people names like that

Active
This is kind of a weird story bur here it goes,
My dad and I just had an argument, I won't say what it about because it's not worth mentioning
Anyway he called my brother mentally ill because he didn't want to do a "chore"

I told him he couldnt say that to someone no matter what they say to you, after all the Bible says to turn the other cheek. He desagreed he thinks that as the father he in his own words "is king if the house". I told him, it doesn't matter who you are, there's no such thing as a Bible for children and a Bible for parents, we all still have to obey the same rules. He disagreed again. He then told me that my brother is sick because he doesn't listen and do said chore, and there's something wrong with him. I blew my top and told him that he was conceited a hypocrite, a jerk, and that I've never seen someone who acts like him before. he then told my that I was insane because I had the nerve to tell him that. We don't normally argue in our family but since this stupid pandemic and crap, things haven't been going to well, I want to get our family back together again, but he refused to admit he's wrong, what can I do to make him see that he can't call people names like that
Hi random user,
Ephesians 6:2 "Honour your father and mother" - which is the first commandment with a promise "so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth". Your father spent a life feeding and clothing you and your brother, doesn't that deserve respect, and without him you wouldn't even be here. Bless you

Staff Member
I blew my top and told him that he was conceited a hypocrite, a jerk, and that I've never seen someone who acts like him before. he then told my that I was insane because I had the nerve to tell him that. We don't normally argue in our family but since this stupid pandemic and crap, things haven't been going to well, I want to get our family back together again, but he refused to admit he's wrong, what can I do to make him see that he can't call people names like that
@Random user

Before you condemn your father for name calling......you called him names that showed a total lack of respect.
It is not good to be hypocritical.

In your bio you say you are born again.....take the situation to the Lord in prayer. Let Him be your guide and not your temper.