• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Family Planning

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Christmas is really a birthday party, a celebration of Christ's nativity. We do not know the actual date of Jesus birth but it does not matter: the 25th Dec is as good as any other day.

If we can have national holidays for saints, battles and victories etc., we certainly should rejoice about the greatest Person every born!

The great prophet Isaiah spoke 750 years before Christ was born....."For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government will be upon His shoulder....And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" Isaiah 9: 6;7. All of which was fulfilled when Jesus came. Each Christmas we can say..."Unto us a son is given"

That is what Christmas is about.

And what a Son he turned out to be! Nobody else had a birth like his: and I am not just thinking of the virgin birth. Jesus Christ was born because he wanted to be born. None but He has ever chosen to be born, folks like you and I never had such choice. Jesus was not the result of family planning; he planned his birth himself with the Father in heaven. He also planned the family of God, including its redemption by his own blood.

The Son of God knew what life with us would be like: and yet He wanted to come to be with us. He came to a primitive home in a crude age, with basic food and hard work. and he knew that he would be cruelly executed. Why on earth should he want to be on earth and endure and suffer such a life as that? The bible says "In the fulness of time God sent forth his son, born of a woman, made under the law"
Gal:4 4
Time would prove, that the reign of Herod and the Roman Ceaser was the most fitting era for the sacrifice of the cross.

Jesus wanted to be our Saviour, he raced to be our Redeemer Heb10:5He hastened to save us......"for the joy that was set before Him".
Heb 12: 2 ...He was determined to join the human race at all cost....He called himself by one title "the Son of Man" identifying himself with the human race.
Isaiah's words 'Unto us a Child is born" express solidarity with us.......Even more Jesus went for total involvement, "being numbered with (you and I) the transgressors, he bore the sin of many"...Is 53:12

Again and again the bibles uses two words...."for us" He chose not to be born for his own benifit, or for any advantage to himself. Everything that he was and could do was for those who would trust him....for his family....the church...that unique company worldwide

He drew his very breath....for you and I...
He is the greatest gift that you have this Christmas

He chose not to be born for his own benifit, or for any advantage to himself. Everything that he was and could do was for those who would trust him
Great post. Stephen. I saw an article in my morning newspaper today that puts the magnitude of Christ's sacrifice in sharp perspective: The antiquities authorities in Israel have confirmed the excavation of a house in Nazareth that dates back to the time of Christ. Its a small house, a very humble house that proves that the Nazareth of that day was a small town of thirty or so families who lived in abject poverty; which explains why Nathanial exclaimed, "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" (Jn 1:46 NIV)

SLE

Last edited: