• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

False Teachers

Hi All

I'm looking for good and true websites where I can found out more about false teachers. I have trouble with th e following preachers, not sure if all of them are wolves in sheeps clothing:

Joyce Meyer
Steve Munsey
Fred Price
Joel Olsteen
Andrew Wommack
Jacob Prasch
Rod Parsley

Thank you
Much Love

2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their d-mnation slumbereth not.

Hey would you consider R Warren in that list as well?
As far as I know his book "The Purpose Driven Life" does not mention the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in order to have a purpose driven life. Just wondering if you consider him one of the false teachers?

If I were a betting man I would bet you that you cannot name a teacher someone is not calling false. Selah.

I know nowadays everyone seems to point the finger, understood. But to take the mans own words from his own book written for someone to have a purpose driven life without the gospel without the Lordship of who Jesus is really I mean really someone needs to wonder including you.

Last edited:
Hi the outspoken one is back, running around, reading and learning and stirring the pot.

There are a great many false teachers in the world. Instead of looking for web sites, or other people, or other persons who say they are of Christ be they be or not, the best thing I have found in a lifetime is to read the bible, pray to god for understanding and wisdom. It may not come the first day, or year, but one day you will be granted some understanding of the word in its entire context, not just a scripture quote from here or there, but the full understanding.

Then take that and challenge things you hear. Make your own decisions and talk to God about anything you do not understand. You will get an answer, then just dismiss the false things, ignore them, walk away from them and do not even give them a thought.

Jesus tells us there will be many false teachers, and to challenge and test them.

I only fully understood this myself in the last couple of years, and now I just do as God would have me do, nothing extreme one way or the other, just ignore the false, smile at the good, and tell God Hi each day.

Works for me, bet it will for you.

You see a search for the truth by searching web sites, or things other than gods work can lead you further astray, cause a great deal of confusion, stress and really get things confused. So just ask God to show you the truth. Best thing you can do. You will find it tempers your soul, allows you to just accept that there are false teachers, and will always be, and not to dwell on that, just walk away from it.

Kit

Thanks Kit. God's Word is Truth, and He wathces over His Word.
I will trust Him for revelation knowledge.

God Bless all who have replied to the mail as well.

Love
Jacques

I know nowadays everyone seems to point the finger, understood. But to take the mans own words from his own book written for someone to have a purpose driven life without the gospel without the Lordship of who Jesus is really I mean really someone needs to wonder including you.

I understand what you mean. We are His sheep and we know His voice, our conscience bears us witness in the Holy Ghost when something is not right. Listening to teaching is like eating watermelon, we must simply spit out the seeds.
I am only saying two things:

1. Most folks who have a ministry of looking for fault in others are legalistic and while they may know the written Word the rarely do not know the heart of God. This is easily identified- do they speak the truth in love?

2. We must have a full understanding of this; no one is without some problems in their doctrine and as long as they are in this flesh they are prone to error. We are all still growing and learning.

Let us give at least as much grace as we need.
Let us study to show our self approved.
Let us seek the truth of the Word of God only as it is breathed on by the Holy Spirit. The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
Let us speak the truth in love with a heart to restore those who stray or error.

Hi All

I'm looking for good and true websites where I can found out more about false teachers. I have trouble with th e following preachers, not sure if all of them are wolves in sheeps clothing:

Joyce Meyer
Steve Munsey
Fred Price
Joel Olsteen
Andrew Wommack
Jacob Prasch
Rod Parsley

Thank you
Much Love

Hi Jacques, something to consider in your quest?

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Here is a website for you, with a little note of advice, it is more important to simply know Christ, (the genuine Spirit of God) than the be able to point out the counterfeit spirits.

Current Popular teacher's directory

Jacques, some advice based on my experience: Don't automatically label someone a false teacher just because their beliefs don't line up 100% with yours. Think it over carefully before deciding. Always be willing to learn.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)

Although preachers sound wonderful and look good and have a massive following, you would need to see whether they line up with the Word or not. I say this because when God judges this world, it will not be by any preacher or any particular church or religion but He will judge this world by His Word - the Bible!

Good advice I have been given is if the preacher goes off the Word then you go off the preacher. Mark 13:31 says 'Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away'.

In short, we need to give everything including preachers, teachers, pastors and evangelists the Word Test!

Active
Hi All

Joyce Meyer
Steve Munsey
Fred Price
Joel Olsteen
Andrew Wommack
Jacob Prasch
Rod Parsley

Thank you
Much Love

Why bother with that? Trust the pastors that God gives you. Worrying about other preachers is a distraction the enemy sends.

I know that Joyce Meyer is a woman of God and Andrew Wommack is a man of God and both are following the Lord's will for their lives. Don't get caught up in the negativity that we see in the body of Christ today--it has its roots in bitterness and envy.

God can be trusted to provide for you personally good and godly teaching. Ask Him. He will lead you. I know. I have done it and He has led me to amazing teachers of truth. He wants you planted in a great place where you will be fed and will grow and become what He desires, so He can be trusted to take you there!

Psalm 1:1-3
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.

Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.

Last edited:
I heard the other day of one of the most famous positive encouraging preachers. His name is the devil and he preached a lie the had Adam and eve fall!

Why bother with that? Trust the pastors that God gives you. Worrying about other preachers is a distraction the enemy sends.

Wise words, Ophel. Thank you. When I first came to Christ, I paid heed to a number of TV preachers, just soaking up their words searching for guidance. Approximately five years into my "walk", God steered me into a non-denominal congregation where I've remained for 20+ years and gotten a solid Scripture focused spiritual foundation.

SLE

Last edited: