• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Fallen, But Not Broken

Brothers and Sisters,

Today I found myself falling into temptation and am ashamed to admit I gave in, so I am coming before all of you and God and asking forgiveness for that which has taken place, that which I wish I could undo and take away, but even though I can't I know the mercy, and love of God are upon me and He does forgive me.

Guess I came here because I needed to be held accountable for what happened...there are no excuses except the flesh is weak and it was my own doing and fault that I gave in.

More and More I am undering what it means when it says in Galations 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the spirit, and you shall not fullfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against teh Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh..its like this constant battle and we are the ones who have to make the decision of what or who to follow..the Spirit or the flesh...its a war but we can be and are victorious in our Lord..today I fell in this war but now I get up dust myself off and start again knowing that in my Lord I will be even stronger for it not myself that wins this war, but Jesus who is in me.

I love you brothers and sisters and pray that God bless you always and keep you all your days.

Active
I heard someone feel to the ground running!! Did you ever know we walk in the Spirit!! Do you know why we walk and not run??LOL You do now!! My sister in Christ! As far back as I can remember I have not known one believer not one!! who does not have a secret sin! Including yours truly!!

Paul himself had a secret sin.2 Cor 12 What sin in the flesh is not inportant,what is inportant is how we deal with it. We can let this eat us alive on the inside drawing us away from Jesus,and letting the enemy win yet another battle, or we can as Paul did, understand the grace that is sufficant to each and everyone one of us! ( 2 Cor 12:9) The reason for these?? ah yes verse 10!! for when I am weak!! THEN!! I am strong!!

Because without Jesus we can not only not do anything,but we are nothing either! For who were we before our Jesus came into our lives??LOL I can speak for me!! I was LOST! As children of our Most High God, we enjoy running at times,the narrow road seems clear of obstacles, so hey why not.

I to did this from time to time,only to find that what is unseen is eternal!!( 2 Cor 4:12-18!!!)Please read this,and write this down, as I have, to remind us, when we want to run in Christ,oops we better not!

As you have so rightly stated, the unseen is what we battle daily in Christ. Remember that grace I talked about?( eph 2:8-9!) The unseen is Eph 6:12 and what you said!! Gal 5:16-18!! When we walk we can follow,when we run,we look to take the lead in our race to follow,and usually fall because of it.

Following means Jesus is in front of us, never behind us. You are forgiven as we all are!! Rom 8:1 There is no condemnation because my dear sister!! WE ARE IN CHRIST JESUS!! amen! The Body of Christ walks as one part,each part working to help,build up and encourage the other parts! This way,we follow as ONE in Christ!! Blessing to you!! We LOVE you here,and are so thankful for you here!! amen!

Dear Abbysaunt.

Nice reply as usual from Brighthouse, not unexpected. My hope is that you become weaker and rely on Jesus, more and more. Live in the spirit at all times. We all fail at times, for good reason, it is a growing exercise. Yours in Christ.