• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Faithful Promise

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. Isaiah 65:17 NKJV

The people of Israel advanced through life with baggage from their past. Sins against God, their family, and neighbors could be listed long past anyone’s interest in hearing about their God dishonor. There was one, however, who was very interested in hearing their personal list of treachery. The one with the listening ear was God. When the people were willing to own their sin, He was willing to embrace their interest in changing.

Today’s verse might seem like something you’d read in the New Testament. You can find something similar in 2 Peter 3:13. The God promise of new heavens and a new earth was an indication that at some point God would transform the status quo. The transformed would gain access to something new and perfect. In this place, the past is forgotten, the present is perfection, and the future is without sin.

Even in the Old Testament, God was clear that He could transform lives and futures. He even indicates that His love will mean an intentional forgetting of your past rebellion.

Prayer: Dear God, I can’t forget the sins others have committed against me—but You can. I can’t imagine a place without sin—but You are creating one. I can only imagine things getting worse—but You made a better promise. I’m so glad that You’re faithful.