Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Faith??

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Dave M, Feb 3, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Can you have dead faith and still be saved??

2. What is dead faith? We have all been given THE measurement of faith...Do you mean, "Can you be saved by not using your faith?" I don't think faith can be 'dead'. You cannot be saved without using faith...But faith cannot be in faith but in the Word of God.

KingJ and Dave M like this.
  3. If you are saved by grace through faith, then:
    If dead in faith means = you have no faith, then there is no grace and no salvation.
    This sounds like any of us before being saved.... before coming to God, we had no faith and therefore no salvation.

Dave M likes this.
  4. No.

5. Could you show us why?

6. Greetings,

can you have a dead engine in your vehicle and still drive anywhere?

Can you have a dead horse and still ride it home?

Bless you ....><>

Sue J Love and Born Again 2004 like this.
  7. Why would God give anyone dead faith? He has given each person the measure of faith...All a person has to do is use it....There is no such thing as dead faith....One might say 'Not true' Faith without works is dead....but no...Faith without works is barren, useless....not dead.

amadeus2 likes this.
  8. [for me anyway] No: seeing that faith cometh (only) by hearing the Word of God, which is to submit to and rely upon His Word; lest we be found calling Christ Lord, Lord, and not making the sincere effort to do the things which He say!
    (Romans 10:17)
    (Luke 6:46)

9. Greetings,

I didn't realise that. Sorry, I thought dead meant dead. Live and learn.

Bless you ....><>

Sue J Love and Bendito like this.
  10. How about dead faith as undeveloped faith or faith that has allowed to go dormant from fear and doubt getting in.

Yes we are all given Thee Measure of Faith. It's planted in us like a seed.
    If this faith seed is not fed and developed then it remains dormant or dead.

Such person can remain saved but will experience a struggling defeated life in Christ.

Scripture tells us in
    Revelation 3:15
    I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Revelation 3:16
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

I would reckon cold as dead or little or lacking Faith

Blessings
    FCJ

Sent from a mobile device
    Dave M likes this.
  11. Greetings Dave,

I saw this that our Brother Nick posted For the Musicians - Even If and thought it might be something to help us along the way in discussing faith.
    He is Faithful... let us be glad.

Bless you ....><>

12. I would only assume that dead faith is the fallen away state. Like when a tree dies, but part of the root lives on and eventually a new sprout comes out of the ground after the hard winter is over and the sun warms the ground and the life giving waters together with the sun brings new life and faith from the seed, the root, that is the promise of Christ.

amadeus2 and Dave M like this.
  13. 1 Corinthians 12:9. For Paul says, "I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith." "To each" refers back to "everyone among you." God has given all Christians varying measures of faith.
    I think the key here is "Christians"! You have been saved by Grace through Faith...this is a gift of God. To each of these God has given a measure of faith. With out this faith from God, you are a non-believer and for ALL non-believers, they would be lack in , God given, Faith and their Faith would be considered dead!

Dave M likes this.
  14. Mr Bear....You are the blessed!

15. My friend, the Word says THE measure of faith....Given to every man.
    Romans 12:3
    For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
    Remember...The bible will cofirm the bible, the bible will interpret the bible....The Word, the Holy Spirit will interpret the Word. We have no need to interpret it. We take it as He says it.

Wired 4 Fishen likes this.
  16. To every man among YOU my friend!...Who do you think his audience was my friend?

17. Ok I'll allow that it was to believers...Still it was only one measurement of faith distributed Everyone got the same measure.....Not different amounts of faith to each person.
    So why do I get the impression that you were offended by me calling you 'friend'?

• I am glad that you allow it!
    • Maybe...I'm not sure is means same or equal faith. It has appeared to me over the years that believers are given different measures of faith, maybe I am wrong.....;maybe some are stronger because they hear and read more of God's word than others.
    It did seem a bit sarcastic or condescending as you used it, if my using it it return offended you, I apologize ! Maybe, Brother, would have been nicer!

18. Well sir. With the attitude you display, I'm done talking with you. I'm not here to fight, as you apparently are. I wish you a wonderful day.