• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Faith Starts Here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Science has been trying to catch up to this simple statement for thousands of years. And for every astonishing discovery, more questions arise as the complexity of the natural world unfolds. The testimony of God's fingerprints on His works can be found at the level of irreducible complexity--that bottom line that separates nothingness and being.

God alone can cross that line. He alone can make something out of nothing. Every scientist who ever lived is just playing in His sandbox--and the wisest of them acknowledge it. If you can put your faith in the first sentence in the Bible, the rest will follow.

Joseph put his faith in his Creator into action when he, "chagrined but noble, determined to take care of things quietly so Mary would not be disgraced" (Matthew 1:19). He didn't understand what was happening with his fiancé, but he sought to do the right thing and remained open to God's leading.

You can put your trust in the God who designed stars and flowers and the human eye--but who also wired you for belief and community and love. Nothing is impossible for Him. It all starts with believing Genesis 1:1.

Prayer: Lord God, I start this new year in trust and faith, believing that, just as You made this world and everything and everyone in it, You will guide and keep me and my loved ones this year.