• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Faith and Works.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Faith and Works.

This is one of the most hotly debated subject among Christians. The scripture that is mostly used to prove this is.....

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD ALSO.

The Lord spoke to me many years ago while I was meditating on this along these lines. The Lord said to me,

“It is possible for a man to have works without faith, but, it is impossible for a man to have faith without works”

Jesus proved that a man can have works without having faith when he said.......

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN THAT DAY, LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT PROPHESIED IN THY NAME? AND IN THY NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? AND IN THY NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?
Mat 7:23 And THEN WILL I PROFESS UNTO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

We also have Jesus telling us this.......

Mar 16:17 And THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Between these two scriptures the former people in Matt 7:22 claimed to doing these works as they said, “.....have WE not.....” These people certainly had works, but they did NOT have any faith, and as the scripture says anything we do without out faith is a sin (also known as iniquity)!!!

The people who simply “believe” shall have these signs (works) follow them!! Sometimes we think, OK, I have faith, now I need to add some works to my faith. This is simply not true!!! If we have to add works to our faith, that means we really don't have faith. Anyone who has been born again, and has faith, you can be assured somewhere down the road in their life, some, if not most of these signs shall follow them.

Jesus Christ the son of God lived his entire life this way, by trusting and believing in his Father to do the works!!! Jesus said.....

John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.

Every word Jesus ever said, and every miracle he performed was the “WORK” of his Father inside him.

John 14:12 VERILY, VERILY, I SAY UNTO YOU, HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME, THE WORKS THAT I DO SHALL HE DO ALSO; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:13 And WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME, THAT WILL I DO, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 14:14 IF YE SHALL ASK ANY THING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT.

It was the Father in Jesus that spoke the Words of life, and that performed the miracles which the father did through his Son, and now we are Jesus's body, and he is the one performing the works through us!!!
If we ask anything in the name of Jesus who is going to perform the works? Jesus said he would!!!

Jesus today, is still performing miracles through his body the Church!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Leap_Of_Faith Bible Discussions 80
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 0
TaylorDonBarret Sermons & Podcasts 12