• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Expounding?

Loyal
Expounding?

The word, “Expound” means, “ to solve, in the sense of to explain, to interpret”

Jesus constantly EXPOUNDED to his Apostles the mysteries of what he spoke about concerning the Kingdom of God, and it's concepts of how the laws of that Kingdom worked.

The Apostles, especially Paul “EXPOUNDED” to his readers by explaining his understanding of God, and the Kingdom that had been revealed unto him by Jesus Christ manifesting himself to him, in addition by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Mar 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he (Jesus) EXPOUNDED ALL THINGS TO HIS DISCIPLES.

Aquila and Priscilla EXPOUNDED to Apollos the way of the Lord more perfectly.

Act 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and EXPOUNDED unto him the way of God more perfectly.

The Apostle Paul “EXPOUNDED”....

Act 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom HE EXPOUNDED AND TESTIFIED THE KINGDOM OF GOD, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Expounding is explaining “truth” that has been revealed. It is to reveal through speaking, and or by writing in a way so that those who read or hear it (truth) can understand more fully the mysteries of God in which we speak.

1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But WE SPEAK THE WISDOM OF GOD IN A MYSTERY, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Expounding reveals mysteries revealed to the one expounding!

No one can expound upon the truth that has not yet been revealed to them. Knowing “truth” is NOT knowing what the Bible says, nor is it memorizing scripture! Jesus tells us how truth is revealed.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YE CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32 And YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, and the truth shall make you free.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

The words of God contained in scripture form the “commandments” of God. A word is a fragmentary part of a sentence. The words in the Bible that form God commandments is NOT Jesus who is the Word of God!! Knowing truth is knowing Jesus who claimed to be, “the way, the TRUTH, and the life” (John 14:6)

Knowing what the words of God say in the Bible is only a “PREREQUISITE” to knowing the truth.
All scripture points to and testify of Jesus who is the truth!
Jesus said.....

John 5:39 SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are THEY WHICH TESTIFY OF ME.

Scripture points us to the one who reveals the truth!

Not until Jesus Christ “MANIFESTS” himself to us will we know truth!!!!!!!

Once truth (Jesus Christ) has MANIFESTED himself to us, will we be able to “EXPOUND” upon truth!!!

Expounding without knowing the truth first winds up only as logical analytical reasoning's that does nothing to its hearers or the one expounding!!

The Apostle Paul expounded to the Church's concerning marriage, divorce, and remarriage, without Jesus telling him what to say! How can that be? Because Paul knew Jesus personally, and he knew how the Lord thought about such things. No one can do that unless Jesus had manifested himself to them first!

Paul said.....

1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I HAVE NO COMMANDMENT OF THE LORD: YET I GIVE MY JUDGMENT, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

1Co 7:6 But I SPEAK THIS BY PERMISSION, AND NOT OF COMMANDMENT.

1Co 7:12 But to the rest SPEAK I, NOT THE LORD: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

Paul was writing back to the Church's who had asked him about marriage, divorce, and remarriage. Here he EXPOUNDS unto them his understanding of the subject without asking the Lord on what to say to them.

Later on, at the end of this chapter, Paul tells the Church's......

1Co 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
1Co 7:40 But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I THINK ALSO THAT I HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

Paul believed that the things he EXPOUNDED upon were exactly what Jesus would have said, if he had told him.

This is expounding, but it can never be done until after we know the truth by Jesus manifesting himself to us by keeping the words of God in us proofing we truly love him!