• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Please reply with your experiences as black members of the Christian church! Experiences with racism, microaggressions, being used as the ‘diversity’ member, experience attending an all-black church, experience attending a majority-white church, anything at all! My friend and I started an instagram account for Christian teens and are looking to inform our followers of the racism that is perpetuated even within our religious community, as it is too-often overlooked. Any reply is welcomed! Responses will be shared anonymously on our page to help spread awareness of the deeply rooted racism that needs to be tackled. If you would like to, follow us at @captivatedteens on Instagram

How do you plan to tackle it??
Well, I’ve been signing petitions and those things but I realized a few days ago that majority of my Christian friends were white and that they, as well as I, may not be aware of the racism problems that occur in our Christian community. I know it’s not a lot, but I think bringing awareness to this problem (which I know I don’t have a full grasp on just yet) is a small step toward change :)

Loyal
Well, I’ve been signing petitions and those things but I realized a few days ago that majority of my Christian friends were white and that they, as well as I, may not be aware of the racism problems that occur in our Christian community. I know it’s not a lot, but I think bringing awareness to this problem (which I know I don’t have a full grasp on just yet) is a small step toward change :)

the only way I see tackling it is the same way you tackle any sin and that is Jesus Christ. Racism is sin, just like other forms of sin Jesus is the only one that conquer it.

I am white and go to a multi racial church and my pastor is Black, he speaks on racisim a lot, his name is Derwin Gray of transformation church, you may want to look him up on twitter and facebook and get his percpective, he has opened my eyes to it a lot.

the only way I see tackling it is the same way you tackle any sin and that is Jesus Christ. Racism is sin, just like other forms of sin Jesus is the only one that conquer it.

I am white and go to a multi racial church and my pastor is Black, he speaks on racisim a lot, his name is Derwin Gray of transformation church, you may want to look him up on twitter and facebook and get his percpective, he has opened my eyes to it a lot.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely check it out. I do agree that the only way to conquer the hate and confusion plaguing our society is to look to Jesus

Loyal

I heard him on the Scott Mcknight podcast a week or two ago. Very insightful