• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Exceed Your Grasp

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly [country]. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11:16

Some Christians have been accused of being so heavenly minded that they’re no earthly good. While that may be so, without the promise of heaven’s peace, justice, and reward to inspire you, putting all your hope in this world does you no eternal good. The poet Robert Browning was onto something when he wrote, “A man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?”

When Joseph and Mary found their twelve-year-old son in the temple, He told them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” (Luke 2:49). Through the parable of the minas, Jesus told His followers, “Do business till I come” (Luke 19:13). The challenge is clear: do whatever you do with the ultimate goal of building God’s kingdom.

The full impact of your work on earth is measured not in material wealth but spiritual. How have you used what God has given you to see souls saved? That effort starts at home, extends through the church, and goes out into the world, always with the objective of seeing as many as possible arrive at the wonderful home God has for them. If you look beyond the cares of this world, you can just see it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Emeke Odili Sermons & Podcasts 0
Emeke Odili Sermons & Podcasts 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0