• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Examining Our self's:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Examining Our self's:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. TEST YOUR SELVES, DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS ABOUT YOURSELVES, THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Jesus Christ who walked this earth 2000 years ago, who healed the sick, and cast out devils is now living on the inside of each and every believer!! Do we really believe this to be true? The Bible tells us to examine, and test our self's to see if we believe this.

How can we test our self's? It is interesting that there are a lot of so called believers who do not believe a Christian can know for sure of their salvation, and everything is up in the air until the last day, and then we will find out who these people really are. One of the greatest scriptures in the Bible is in 1 John which says.....

1John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God THAT YOU MAY KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

Eternal life is not something that will be given to a person on some future date, eternal life is given the very moment a person calls upon the Lord for salvation, and Jesus comes to live inside them for ever!!!

How can I test myself to see if Jesus is in me, and that I have eternal life now?

A scripture that tells us how we can know for sure is also found in 1 John.....

1John 3:14 WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE PASSED FROM DEATH UNTO LIFE, BECAUSE WE LOVE THE BRETHREN. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Our outward actions is a indicator to whom is living inside us. Loving the unlovable is easy when Jesus Christ is inside us, because he is the one doing the loving through us!!!

Marriage is a perfect example of this. How many times have we asked the Lord to change our husbands or wife's, because they do things that irritate us to no end? This is especially true to those newly married. I can tell you exactly how the Lord will change your spouse!!! The Lord will change your spouse by changing you, so you are no longer being offended by the stupid things they do!! Loving them for who they are with Christ's love and not for what they do. Two couples living in harmony even though they have differences proves to you that Jesus Christ is in you.
:smile: (no wonder I have been married for so long)

Another way of testing our self's is by the Holy Spirit's presence.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Jesus said, “Wisdom is justified by all her children....” (Luke 7:35)

Jesus is the WISDOM, and the power of God!!! (1 Cor 1:24) There is no way a person can have Jesus Christ living on the inside of them with out having all her children who testify to you that you really have him (Wisdom)

There are many children that Wisdom (Jesus Christ) brings when he is living in a child of God. Here are just a few......

1) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) will make you very happy. (Prov 3:13)
2) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) will give you long life!!! How long? Eternal life!!! (Prov 3:16)
3) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) his ways are ways of pleasantness, and all his paths are peace. (Prov 3:17)
4) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) will bring you to honor, and promote you. (Prov 4:8)
5) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) will place a crown of Glory upon your head. (Prov 4:9) There is no doubt people will know whom God has crowned with his Glory!!
6) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) will preserve, and protect you. (Pro 4:6)
7) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is pure. (James 3:17)
8) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is peaceable. (James 3:17)
9) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is gentle. (James 3:17)
10) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is easy to be entreated. (James 3:17)
11) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is full of mercy. (James 3:17)
12) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) is full of good fruits. (James 3:17)
13) Jesus Christ (Wisdom) has no partiality, and is with out hypocrisy. (James 3:17)

If you are experiencing these in your life, then you have past the test, and Jesus Christ is living inside you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Curtis Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0