• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Engaged for Life

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Staff Member
And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:2-3 AMPC

When you engage in new-life living, expect to be misunderstood. Your thinking and decision-making will change. To your friends, and maybe your family, you will no longer seem like the person they’ve always known.

As long as your friends list includes people who don’t follow Jesus, you can expect them to think the old you has died and the man they once knew doesn’t exist anymore. They’re right. You’ve put old-life living to death and its normal when old friends don’t understand.

First Corinthians 2:14 (NLT) says, “But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.”

The good news in this old-life funeral is that the new life you live acts as a megaphone to those who see the difference—and now want to know more about the change that can make them new.

Prayer: Dear God, help me remember what I learn from You isn’t always understood by people I care about. Give me the right words. Give them something to think about.