• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Enduring Generosity

Staff Member
'Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?' Matthew 20:15 NKJV

Organizational research recommends addressing envy regularly to promote productivity. When companies coach employees about envy, they create more positive climates, improve relationships, and further the organization’s mission. The same is true of the church.

Jesus used a parable about envy to coach His followers. Instead of focusing on the strategies used in many businesses, He reminded them of the mission-to love God and our neighbors. Focusing on a mission statement can help any organization, and it is a preferred method for reducing envy in the church.

Jesus’ point is that life isn’t about fairness; it’s about God being “generous” with all of us (Matthew 20:16). Jesus wants His followers to remember that the things they possess and the successes they achieve aren’t significant compared with remembering God’s generosity.

Later, Jesus adds, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant” (Matthew 20:25-26).

Celebrating the success and the blessing of others reduces envy and helps us spend our energies on enjoying God together, forever—regardless of who came to Him first.

Prayer: Father, help me avoid envy at work, at church, and in my family by celebrating, rather than envying, the generosity You have extended to others.