• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

encouragement for the lonely and dateless

Hi I am David, 35 from England. I used to be really stressed about not having met anyone and I used to have low self confidence that I could not meet anyone, but it says in the bible to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you" and to "trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths".

I used to go to pubs and clubs and looked in wrong areas to meet someone in the past but found that it was like my desires had trapped me and Jesus had to release me from the lust in my heart. Lust focusses you off Jesus and onto yourself and makes you unhappy.

I believe that there are many lonely people out there but few are truly genuine and you have to wait until you meet the right person for you.

As for me I have never dated and at the age of 35 that is a bit scary I guess but I want to be pure and holy for my Saviour and have accepted I may never meet someone.

My advice would be dont let your frustration and loneliness draw you from Jesus but let His love fill you and pray for your future partner in faith that they will be cleansed by Jesus.

God bless
David

You got it!!!!! You should wait for the right person. Somewhere there is a person who you may meet. There is a person for everyone we just need to find them and stay pure doing it. I believe God will help you find one special person you can trust and love.

Dear David:

Thanks for your truthful and encouraging post. I can relate to everything that you said. I have been married before and have been blessed with 2 Sons, and 3 grandchildren.

I often wonder if another life is possible for me, but I also know as you have said..that when we are with someone else our main focus shifts. Something that I don't want to happen. I don't like what I see in the world around me, and frankly it scares me too.

Keep up the faith in knowing that God holds you, as I know He holds all of us as His precious children close to Him, and with Him...if we keep our eyes on Him, our minds on Him, our hearts with Him, He will satisfy all the desires of our hearts. He is what has sustained me for many years.....

Well, I know one thing for sure...whoever is lucky enough to be David's future wife will be blessed beyond measure! Dave, I am your spirit mate, if that helps lol! You are one of a kind and a gift to anyone you meet. I am glad to know you as a very close friend and christian family. I wish you all the happiness in the world!!! :love:
Amy

David,

The Lord sees the eternal, while we become impatient with the temporal not moving at the pace or timing we would prefer.
I see your spirit in a blessed state of preparation as a bride for the Lord as husband while a bride is being prepared for you as husband.

Half the marriages in the United States fail, perhaps because they are unions closer to the surface, driven first by an external attraction that stokes the external flame ahead of the internal by consummating the physical union before the realization of whether the joining is one of deep internal compatibility or one of a more external attraction. An internal affinity and mutual approaches of love can stoke the fire of the external flame and keep it alive from the more inner heat of internal compatibility in the Lord .

Many think romantic love is an illusion because relationships grow cold and vast numbers of couples separate. I maintain that love based on external heat alone is bound to grow cold over time. External heat wanes and grows cold while the internal heat of a true marital love kindles an eternal flame of love. It is all about the fire of love and the kind of love we feed—may we kindle and stoke the heavenly fire of the Love from the Lord for one another and suffocate the infernal fire burning in the other tree.

johnscot

As a personal witness, I became swept away by external attraction apart from the internal compatibility of love when younger and have been paying the price ever since. The mistales of my youth tried to repeat the pattern of forming a relationship based on externals first, instead of internals in the driver's seat.

David I can tell by the warm affectionate posts on this thread from women of faith that you are drawing from an angelic feminine sphere of the Lord.
I pray that you may be given a spirit of patient trust in the Lord for all good things in all good time.

Last edited:
the bible shows us time and time again that god did not intend for man to live alone. have faith hes got someone for you. i keep telling this to christians that have posted recently because its true your heart is in the right place and you can tell that god is on the throne of your heart. God will honor that. :D
your sister,
Andrea

I want to pray for you. I want to speak positive things into your life, because there is someone out there for you just like there is someone for me. I want you to keep praying, because that is the strongest tool you have, and a consistant prayer is valuable in the eyes of God. It shows Dedication.
May God Bless you brother
Sis in Christ :love:
Lnrobar

praise God He answered my prayer

I want to thank all of you guys for your prayers.

In fact.... as some of you know, God has answered my prayers and I am now in love with a beautiful lady called TiaJen4 who comes to this site.

I will write what happened on a thread under stories and it will show you that true romance is not dead. Our relationship is grounded in Jesus and while we havent met yet she has agreed to be my girlfriend. I love her with all my heart and God has answered the desires of my heart in her. We plan to meet as soon as we can and have unofficially made a lifetime commitment.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

May this encourage anyone out there who cannot meet the right person that Jesus hears our prayers and knows what we want and Created to Worship is right, that someone better than those you have met is out there for you.

Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Romans 8 had it right
What is love? 1 Corinthians 13 has the answer
Why does God love us? John 3: 16 answers that question

God bless you all and thank you again.
David

Encouragement

I received a PM on 4-17-05 from David, He said I hope this is encouraging..... Little did I know what God had in store for Myself or David.....

God Blessed me with this wonderful man that everyone knows as SMILEBIG. He is the 2nd love of my life, the 1st being Jesus.

I am a virgin, who has been praying for God to send her the one he chose just for her. I thought my prayers would never be answered. All I kept getting was sleazy men who just wanted to sleep with me. Then I met David, who was ironically giving me advice about another guy. We became friends and feelings developed. After much prayer I felt lead not to pursue this other guy when he asked me out. I had fallen in love with David! :love:

We are living proof that when you trust in God, he will give you the desires of your heart. God cares for us and wants only what is best for us...

Please Pray for David and Myself, That we will always put God first in our relationship and he will keep our love pure.

1 Corithians 13:4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank You everyone who has been so supportive!!!!! Keep praying for us!!!

God Bless You,
Jenn :rose:

Hey all! I haven't been on here for awhile now. I would like to share something with everyone on here. God, Jenn, and David have helped me, a lot( thanks you two, and all praise and glory to God!). I have finally found someone that I have been so searching for. I met him on a Yahoo groups, for christian singles. It's not a dating site, it's just a site for uplifting one another, as singles in Christ. Of course, as the owner of the group says, I didn't really worry if something would happen, because it's probably bound to happen. I recieved an e-mail one day from a wonderfuy guy on the site. I replied, and we have fallen in love. David and Jenn have both inspired me to keep going. I want you all who read this, to not give up either. I made a list of the qualities who I want in a mate- and I got it. He is everything and above what I've wanted. Also, remember to ALWAYS put God first and foremost in your lives. If you're praying for that someone, put God first. If you are sort of stepping out, starting a relationship with someone, put God first. It will take you so far, it's unreal. I knew that God was saving someone special for me, but I didn't think he would be this awesome. He's coming to see me in July, and I can't wait! Again, to all who read this, don't give up. Put your whole being, not just half of it, but all of it into God. He's an awesome Father!

In Christ,
History

Jei

I've never been into a relationship myself. this thread is really inspiring. :love:

To Dave and Jenn, my prayers.

God Bless! :love:

smilebig u are so right . I am much older than u and I know if the Lord wants me to be married then He will bring someone to me. But I always want to put Him first and be happy in any cirumstances.

Chris,

Please if you would divulge more about these books. I am really interested in reading on as much about the subject as I can.

Your brother in Christ

Robert

thank-u for thatvencouragement i am 34 and feeling quite lonely and discouraged i would like nothing to put my focus on jesus but i even find that hard

Hello all

I am new and want to meet friends and maybe meet Mr. Right. I have been serving The Lord since my youth and I am 54 now. God has truely opened the windows of Heaven and poured out a blessing for me. I retired after a very successful carrer and relocated to Virginia (USA).

I'd like to have someone to share my life with. I like talking about and hearing about God. He is so awesome !

Dear Sara,
Jesus is the hope for those who are waiting a ansuwer of God.
He won't live you alone, you will get marriage.
He will give you a husband and a live fulll of joy.
You are already my friend.
good Bye.

Incredibly great stuff,In my twenties , i dated once and was such a vain pursuit ,got no fulfilment, i hate the memory because i concentrated on pleasing man, and forgot my real reasons for dependece on the Lord.
But trust God , he drew me back to him again , and i enjoy my intimany with christ.Hallelujah