• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Eat my flesh, drink my blood

Active
Jesus said in John 6:54-56

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.​

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.”

Jesus said in John 6:27 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.”

So what is the flesh and blood of Jesus that we are to eat? Jesus said in John 6:32-33 “32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.”

Jesus said in
John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
So what is His flesh, and what is this bread of Life? We are told in 1John 1:1 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;”
In John 1:14 we confirm what Jesus’flesh is when we are told that “the Word was made flesh”

So it is the words of God we must consume like food for our soul. But what about the blood of Jesus we are told to drink?

The blood of Jesus speaks….
Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The blood of Jesus represents His Testimony….
Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This is how the blood of His testimony washes clean…
John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Ephesians 5:26
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Both water and blood testify ….
1 John 5:6
This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by waterand blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1 John 5:8
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Both water and blood came out of Jesus’ side when pierced.

Consuming the flesh and blood of Jesus is how we truly commune with God. The flesh and blood of Jesus is both the law and the testimony of God.

Isaiah 8:16
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Active
Jesus said this earlier. just so that nobody confuses His words nor your words with communion and the RCC has confused His words with communion.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is how we are to receive the bread of life which gives life to the world by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

Jesus told them how they were not receiving the bread of life because they believe not in Him & His words.

Thank you for sharing.

Active
Jesus said this earlier. just so that nobody confuses His words nor your words with communion and the RCC has confused His words with communion.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is how we are to receive the bread of life which gives life to the world by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

Jesus told them how they were not receiving the bread of life because they believe not in Him & His words.

Thank you for sharing.
This is the communion I speak of, this is what it truly means to be “in Christ” and Christ (the Living Word) dwelling in you.

John 14:15-23

King James Version

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

Active
This is the communion I speak of, this is what it truly means to be “in Christ” and Christ (the Living Word) dwelling in you.
Jesus was not talking about communion of eating the bread and the wine which is to be done in remembrance of Him, but how to receive the bread of life. Himself, by coming to & believing in Him for eternal life in John 6th chapter.

John 14:15-23​

King James Version​

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”
Not sure how you are applying this reference to mean in relations to your comment but...

What are the commandments to keep in order to receive the promise of the holy Ghost? It cannot be everything Jesus has taught because we would still have to keep them as His disciples and so we would never get the Holy Ghost but we need Jesus Christ in us so we can follow Him.

So what are the commandments required for getting the promise of the Holy Ghost? By believing in Him. Jesus repeats that same commandment over & over again for us to know how we shall receive the promise of the Spirit at our salvation.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me....

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Active
Jesus was not talking about communion of eating the bread and the wine which is to be done in remembrance of Him, but how to receive the bread of life. Himself, by coming to & believing in Him for eternal life in John 6th chapter.

Not sure how you are applying this reference to mean in relations to your comment but...

What are the commandments to keep in order to receive the promise of the holy Ghost? It cannot be everything Jesus has taught because we would still have to keep them as His disciples and so we would never get the Holy Ghost but we need Jesus Christ in us so we can follow Him.

So what are the commandments required for getting the promise of the Holy Ghost? By believing in Him. Jesus repeats that same commandment over & over again for us to know how we shall receive the promise of the Spirit at our salvation.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me....

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

That’s because you dont have ears to hear what it is I am talking about. You need to examine yourself…
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

If you were in the Spirit you would have known what it was that I was talking about. By this response and by your other beliefs expressed in other posts, I believe you are still in the flesh. But don’t give up hope, because God could change that at any time. Peace

Active
That’s because you dont have ears to hear what it is I am talking about. You need to examine yourself…
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

If you were in the Spirit you would have known what it was that I was talking about. By this response and by your other beliefs expressed in other posts, I believe you are still in the flesh. But don’t give up hope, because God could change that at any time. Peace
Really? Just dole out judgment on the poster without sticking to the issues and correcting by scriptures, hoping in God to cause the increase?

Why don't you try that again with His patience and meekness in trying to prove what you say that Jesus was talking about communion in John 6trh chapter rather than what I'd say it was about and that is how we are saved by believing His words that by coming to & believing in Him is how one receives the bread of life, Jesus Christ, and be saved all from John 6:30 on to the end of that chapter and He never changed subject for the RCC nor you to say He was talking about communion there at all.

Stick with that chapter instead of bringing all other verses into it to say it is about communion when they had asked Jesus for that bread and so how easy is it for Him to produce that bread like those fishes & loaves?

He was not talking about eating as He referenced their forefathers that had eaten manna and are dead, as He said the flesh profiteth nothing but His words bring life when they listen to Him that believing in Him is how they can have eternal life plainly stated here John 6:40 again after John 6:35. He repeated it one more time before He went into the analogy of eating that the Pharisees were stuck on.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Look at John 6:35 above. If He was talking about communion, then we would never take it again because He promised we would never hunger nor thirst for it again. And yet we were to do communion in remembrance of Him, thus proving He was not talking about communion in John 6:30-71 but about salvation by how believing in Him is how we get eternal life.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Jesus was talking about Himself as sent from the Father that by believing in Him as being that bread of life is how they are saved.

Active
Really? Just dole out judgment on the poster without sticking to the issues and correcting by scriptures, hoping in God to cause the increase?

Why don't you try that again with His patience and meekness in trying to prove what you say that Jesus was talking about communion in John 6trh chapter rather than what I'd say it was about and that is how we are saved by believing His words that by coming to & believing in Him is how one receives the bread of life, Jesus Christ, and be saved all from John 6:30 on to the end of that chapter and He never changed subject for the RCC nor you to say He was talking about communion there at all.

Stick with that chapter instead of bringing all other verses into it to say it is about communion when they had asked Jesus for that bread and so how easy is it for Him to produce that bread like those fishes & loaves?

He was not talking about eating as He referenced their forefathers that had eaten manna and are dead, as He said the flesh profiteth nothing but His words bring life when they listen to Him that believing in Him is how they can have eternal life plainly stated here John 6:40 again after John 6:35. He repeated it one more time before He went into the analogy of eating that the Pharisees were stuck on.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Look at John 6:35 above. If He was talking about communion, then we would never take it again because He promised we would never hunger nor thirst for it again. And yet we were to do communion in remembrance of Him, thus proving He was not talking about communion in John 6:30-71 but about salvation by how believing in Him is how we get eternal life.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Jesus was talking about Himself as sent from the Father that by believing in Him as being that bread of life is how they are saved.
You still can’t hear what it is I am saying about communing with God. Your problem is you are unable to discern the Lords body.

1 Corinthians 11:29
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Active
You still can’t hear what it is I am saying about communing with God. Your problem is you are unable to discern the Lords body.

1 Corinthians 11:29
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
I can discern the Lord's body quite well as taking communion is proclaiming the Lord's death till He comes for that reference in 1 Corinthians 11:29 as Jesus & Paul said to do communion in remembrance of Him; not for anything else.

Therefore read the chapter before that reference because making the bread & the wine for more than what it is, is idolatry as if we can make Christ's one time sacrifice for sin actually present again to receive again that one time sacrifice for sin is provoking the Lord to jealousy as if we can do that which the RCC teaches.

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

To make the bread & the wine the actual flesh and blood of Jesus Christ to take at communion is idolatry and a sin against God when it is only symbolic as communion is when taking it proclaims the Lord's death for what He has done for us in remembrance of Him before He comes.

As for your reference in context; verse 29 is about believers coming into before church service to eat the bread and drink the wine to fulfill their hunger & thirst and not discerning what that bread and wine was for, to have communion.

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

I still say Jesus was not talking about that communion but His crucifixion and even His ascension per reference about believing in Him is how we are saved in John 6:30-71 KJV The one about His ascension is below. in verse 62

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not.
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Active
I can discern the Lord's body quite well as taking communion is proclaiming the Lord's death till He comes for that reference in 1 Corinthians 11:29 as Jesus & Paul said to do communion in remembrance of Him; not for anything else.

Therefore read the chapter before that reference because making the bread & the wine for more than what it is, is idolatry as if we can make Christ's one time sacrifice for sin actually present again to receive again that one time sacrifice for sin is provoking the Lord to jealousy as if we can do that which the RCC teaches.

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

To make the bread & the wine the actual flesh and blood of Jesus Christ to take at communion is idolatry and a sin against God when it is only symbolic as communion is when taking it proclaims the Lord's death for what He has done for us in remembrance of Him before He comes.

As for your reference in context; verse 29 is about believers coming into before church service to eat the bread and drink the wine to fulfill their hunger & thirst and not discerning what that bread and wine was for, to have communion.

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

I still say Jesus was not talking about that communion but His crucifixion and even His ascension per reference about believing in Him is how we are saved in John 6:30-71 KJV The one about His ascension is below. in verse 62

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not.
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Again I wasn’t talking about eating a wafer and drinking grape juice. I already discerned what the Lords body was in the OP. In order for you to be a part of that one body and one bread you need to drink of the Spirit of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into onebody, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Active
The blood represents the wine of the Holy Spirit.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Please note that Jesus did not say, "MY BLOOD is the blood of the New Testament." He literally said THIS while holding the cup of wine. The Wine is the "Blood."

And the word "shed"? Best to read poured.

The New Wine of the New Covenant is the Holy Spirit πολλων (FOR MANY) εκχυνομενον (POURING) εις (INTO) αφεσιν (FORGIVENESS) αμαρτιων (OF SINS)

Active
Jesus said in John 6:54-56

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.​

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.”

Jesus said in John 6:27 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.”

So what is the flesh and blood of Jesus that we are to eat? Jesus said in John 6:32-33 “32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.”

Jesus said in
John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
So what is His flesh, and what is this bread of Life? We are told in 1John 1:1 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;”
In John 1:14 we confirm what Jesus’flesh is when we are told that “the Word was made flesh”

So it is the words of God we must consume like food for our soul. But what about the blood of Jesus we are told to drink?

The blood of Jesus speaks….
Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

This is how the blood of His testimony washes clean…
John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Ephesians 5:26
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Both water and blood testify ….
1 John 5:6
This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by waterand blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1 John 5:8
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Both water and blood came out of Jesus’ side when pierced.

Consuming the flesh and blood of Jesus is how we truly commune with God. The flesh and blood of Jesus is both the law and the testimony of God.

When we come to Jesus and then believe, it is as drinking his blood...believing in Jesus is as drinking his blood. When we obey Jesus' words it is as eating his flesh.
After we eat his flesh and drink his blood, Jesus gives us pure water to drink and that means Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, John 4:10; 14; John 7:38; 39.

We have to believe and obey Jesus to receive the Holy Spirit.

Active
Again I wasn’t talking about eating a wafer and drinking grape juice. I already discerned what the Lords body was in the OP. In order for you to be a part of that one body and one bread you need to drink of the Spirit of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into onebody, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Since I had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God had raised Him from the dead at the calling of the gospel, I have been saved since.

To infer or imply that one does not have the Spirit just because they disagree with your misapplication of His words, is a heresy in and of itself that you need to repent of, Brother.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

To believe you are perfect and that you have nothing to learn or can never make a mistake can be a downfall to anyone with that foot of pride. It may be the reason why He would not prune those that are fruitful to bear more fruit & are at risk of being cut off at the rapture event.

So stick to the issue rather than continue on with your judgment of me, because to infer or imply any member here as not a Christian or not saved by not having the Spirit, is against the rules, brother.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So knock it off. Be a good steward and share what the Lord has given you to share and leave it to Him to cause the increase rather than give a judgment He did not tell you to give.

James 4:0 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. 11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

That last reference also means OSAS is true as those saints & former believers left behind for being in unrepentant iniquity are still saved. This is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from that are still in His House as they will testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in him, even in His name.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

May God bless you & keep you. May He shine His face upon you & give you His peace, brother. < ----- See how I still called you brother even when you are wrong?

Active
Since I had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God had raised Him from the dead at the calling of the gospel, I have been saved since.

To infer or imply that one does not have the Spirit just because they disagree with your misapplication of His words, is a heresy in and of itself that you need to repent of, Brother.

To believe you are perfect and that you have nothing to learn or can never make a mistake can be a downfall to anyone with that foot of pride. It may be the reason why He would not prune those that are fruitful to bear more fruit & are at risk of being cut off at the rapture event.

So stick to the issue rather than continue on with your judgment of me, because to infer or imply any member here as not a Christian or not saved by not having the Spirit, is against the rules, brother.

So knock it off. Be a good steward and share what the Lord has given you to share and leave it to Him to cause the increase rather than give a judgment He did not tell you to give.

That last reference also means OSAS is true as those saints & former believers left behind for being in unrepentant iniquity are still saved. This is where the vessels unto dishonor comes from that are still in His House as they will testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in him, even in His name.

May God bless you & keep you. May He shine His face upon you & give you His peace, brother. < ----- See how I still called you brother even when you are wrong?
I can hardly believe you said this to StewardoftheMystery when you have done the same things here to me. Unbelievable smh.

Active
The blood represents the wine of the Holy Spirit.

Please note that Jesus did not say, "MY BLOOD is the blood of the New Testament." He literally said THIS while holding the cup of wine. The Wine is the "Blood."

And the word "shed"? Best to read poured.

The New Wine of the New Covenant is the Holy Spirit πολλων (FOR MANY) εκχυνομενον (POURING) εις (INTO) αφεσιν (FORGIVENESS) αμαρτιων (OF SINS)
The testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy as is written in Rev. 19:10. Just as it is written that the prophets spake by the Spirit of Christ. The Holy Spirit is the seal that binds up the law and the testimony in Gods disciples, which is why I posted this verse above

Active

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

James 4:0 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. 11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Don’t be so surprised, most Christians who claim to be born again of the Spirit are not. Even Paul called out carnal Christians in his writings, but some were just babes in Christ, not ready for the meat of the gospel.
That is why I said not to give up hope, because those carnal Christian’s may receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit if they abide in the Truth.

Active
When we come to Jesus and then believe, it is as drinking his blood...believing in Jesus is as drinking his blood. When we obey Jesus' words it is as eating his flesh.
After we eat his flesh and drink his blood, Jesus gives us pure water to drink and that means Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, John 4:10; 14; John 7:38; 39.

We have to believe and obey Jesus to receive the Holy Spirit.
@StewardoftheMystery

What Jesus said in John 6th chapter was indeed symbolic in regards to His crucifixion rather than the actual communion itself. Jesus even mentioned His ascension towards His disciples as that would help them to believe in Him then. Jesus had made this reference to both the ascension and the crucifixion earlier in how we are saved by believing in Him by how we are born again of the Spirit.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

To obey is once again by believing in Jesus Christ is how one receives the emission of sins, hence the symbolism of eating His flesh & drinking His blood by believing the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and thus how we receive the promise of the Holy Spirit & eternal life.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Active
Don’t be so surprised, most Christians who claim to be born again of the Spirit are not. Even Paul called out carnal Christians in his writings, but some were just babes in Christ, not ready for the meat of the gospel.
That is why I said not to give up hope, because those carnal Christian’s may receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit if they abide in the Truth.

In the falling away from the faith in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 KJV where those astray believed the lie that they can receive the holy Ghost again apart from salvation or to receive Him by a sign as proof of salvation ( Matthew 12:39-40 KJV ) , God will permit that strong delusion to occur as Paul reminded believers of the tradition taught of us of when we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth which was at the calling of the gospel and no other time, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 KJV and certainly not by proof of a phenomenon for then every one would know when one was born again of the Spirit, but we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ; Galatians 3:14,26 KJV

The point of this is in the next chapter, Paul addressed those that have fallen away from the faith and no longer walking after the traditions taught of us but are disorderly, that with the Lord's help, believers are commanded to withdraw from them, in 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 KJV BUT not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers per 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 KJV.

That means even though fallen away from the faith & no longer walking after the traditions taught of us and are disorderly as they are in "slain in the spirit" & "holy laughter" movement, they are still brothers and still saved but at risk of being excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven by the Bridegroom when He comes for being workers of iniquity. Luke 13:24-30 KJV

Unless they repent with the Lord's help, those that have fallen away from the faith are at risk of being left behind as cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation to die Revelation 2:18-25 KJV but their spirits will be with the Lord in heaven.. 2 Corinthians 5:7-11 KJV & 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 KJV

Active

In the falling away from the faith in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 KJV where those astray believed the lie that they can receive the holy Ghost again apart from salvation or to receive Him by a sign as proof of salvation ( Matthew 12:39-40 KJV ) , God will permit that strong delusion to occur as Paul reminded believers of the tradition taught of us of when we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth which was at the calling of the gospel and no other time, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 KJV and certainly not by proof of a phenomenon for then every one would know when one was born again of the Spirit, but we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ; Galatians 3:14,26 KJV

The point of this is in the next chapter, Paul addressed those that have fallen away from the faith and no longer walking after the traditions taught of us but are disorderly, that with the Lord's help, believers are commanded to withdraw from them, in 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 KJV BUT not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers per 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 KJV.

That means even though fallen away from the faith & no longer walking after the traditions taught of us and are disorderly as they are in "slain in the spirit" & "holy laughter" movement, they are still brothers and still saved but at risk of being excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven by the Bridegroom when He comes for being workers of iniquity. Luke 13:24-30 KJV

Unless they repent with the Lord's help, those that have fallen away from the faith are at risk of being left behind as cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation to die Revelation 2:18-25 KJV but their spirits will be with the Lord in heaven.. 2 Corinthians 5:7-11 KJV & 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 KJV
They are not “brothers or sisters” if they are not doing Gods will.

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Fatherwhich is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Paul said not to keep company with them even though they may call themselves brothers…
1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

So the saints are to separate themselves from the sinners, even if the sinners say they are saved or under grace. Their evil words and actions ( fruit) exposes them as reprobates.

Active
@StewardoftheMystery

To obey is once again by believing in Jesus Christ is how one receives the emission of sins,
To obey means to DO what Jesus says.
If a person just "believes", as you say, then they are not blessed, Jesus will say away from me I never knew you.
hence the symbolism of eating His flesh & drinking His blood by believing the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and thus how we receive the promise of the Holy Spirit & eternal life.
Faith alone is dead. Believing is as drinking his blood. No one can live on drinking alone, one must also eat. Eating is doing what Jesus says to do.