• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Earth Age

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:12)

You know Sue D., 250 million years is a very long time. It’s hard to realize just how long that really is. But the scientific community laugh at the churches who think this earth is only about six thousands years old. The proof is there that this earth is millions of years old. There are the dinosaur bones, fossilized marine life, and they have found so called human feet prints, fossilized in stone in Oklahoma, Texas,Arizona,and others places around the world. Those prints in Arizona carbon dated 250 million years. There was an age before Gen 1:3. I know that many don’t believe there was an age before the book of Genesis but the scientific community knows without a doubt there was. The proof is there etched in stone.

If you take just the knowledge that Peter gives us in 2 Peter 3:8, where he tells us that one of Gods years is equivalent one thousand years to man. With that knowledge we know that for every day that God was creating the earth and all that is upon it, a thousand years past to man. The six days God created on earth and one day He rested, 7000 years passed in man years. That don’t take in consideration the time it took for God to form Adam, which would have been the eighth day. Then you add the approximate 6000 years that has passed from the end of creation. Anyway we are looking at somewhere around 12,000 to 14,000 years from the beginning of creation of this world age.

The book of Leviticus is where are the food laws are located. God makes the statement that if man will eat like He tells us to that we wont be sick like the heathen. The heathen ate unclean things and didn’t bleed the animals out before eating them. Blood becomes putrefied rather quickly after the death of an animal. So to keep the meat from becoming putrefied, one bleeds the animal out immediately upon death. God makes very clear not to eat the blood, it will make you sick.

The pharmaceutical corporations really don’t have our best interest in mind. They are more interested in your money than your health. I make this statement because their action tell the truth about what they are really interested in. They lobby our law makers to past laws that prohibit doctors from mentioning any natural cures to their patients. If a doctor is found to be offering a natural cure to his patients his license can be revoked. They know without a doubt that some of the meds they prescribe will shortly cause the patient to need another med to counter act effects of the one they just prescribed. This kind of stuff is madness.

The chemo they use to try and cure cancer wreck the human body and kills the immune system. They try to kill the cancer before the chemo kills the patient. Even the chemo has side effects, one which is that it causes cancer. See how crazy it is. When there are natural cures out there that knock out cancer with no side effects. Does not harm one’s body. The medical establishment don’t push natural cures cause there is not any money to make in natural cures. They can’t patent natural cures but they come with a petrochemical and patent it and charge huge prices for it. The medical establishment can eat up a man’s life savings in a matter of days or weeks. It’s a crying shame men and women are put through this kind stuff. That’s how the pharmaceutical corps make 4 to 10 billion every three months. Even them making those Hugh sums of money, they are losing the war on sickness and disease.

I read articles all the time about these scenarios. I’ve read several time that doctors kill 125,000 people per year from prescribing wrong meds to just the side effects from the drug along. Doctors don’t do it on purpose, they are really want to help the people but a lot of meds carry the side effects of heart attack/ stroke. Even the simple Ibuprofen, the simple pain med, carry the side effect, heart attack/stroke.

Best thing one can do for optimum health is to eat a healthy natural diet and leave the junk food alone. Junk food taste good but it’s terrible for your health. Two food items that are very hard to get away from is sugar and wheat products. Both these are on the 10 worst foods for your heart and arteries. I could go on.

Loyal Member
@Beresheet -- and 'they' probably don't take the world-wide flood into consideration, either. In That process -- the earth literally churned inside out and up-side down. That's how we got the Grand Canyon and the extremely deep oceans through the churning up of the earth.

And I'm very aware of the verse concerning the thousand years as a day and a day as a thousand. It means that 'time' as we know it does Not exist for God. He created 'time' for Us.

God created this world ready to support Adam and Eve / human life. AND Adam and Eve were created old enough to have children Themselves. Which means He created the world With age.

Besides -- when in the ages Since creation, did 1,000 yr 'days' become 24 hr days. God rested on the Sabbath -- One day. Because Sabbaths' only last 1 day. Those who worship on the Sabbath - do so on Saturday -- one day of the week,

And a person can Also look at Exodus 20:8- 11. It backs up what Genesis chapter 1 says.

There Are some in that scientific community who Do believe in the world-wide flood. And it's Also true that 'most' of them Do laugh at it. My own estimate is between 6 - 10 thousand years.

God did Not create Using evolution -- God Created Using His spoken word to Make / Create it NOW. So says Genesis. And the evening and the morning consisted of the same time period that we have Now.

And, yes, 'this' has been totally off topic.

Your own 12 - 14,000 years is a LOT different from the 250 million that you started out with.

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month
You know Sue D., 250 million years is a very long time. It’s hard to realize just how long that really is. But the scientific community laugh at the churches who think this earth is only about six thousands years old. The proof is there that this earth is millions of years old. There are the dinosaur bones, fossilized marine life, and they have found so called human feet prints, fossilized in stone in Oklahoma, Texas,Arizona,and others places around the world. Those prints in Arizona carbon dated 250 million years. There was an age before Gen 1:3. I know that many don’t believe there was an age before the book of Genesis but the scientific community knows without a doubt there was. The proof is there etched in stone.

If you take just the knowledge that Peter gives us in 2 Peter 3:8, where he tells us that one of Gods years is equivalent one thousand years to man. With that knowledge we know that for every day that God was creating the earth and all that is upon it, a thousand years past to man. The six days God created on earth and one day He rested, 7000 years passed in man years. That don’t take in consideration the time it took for God to form Adam, which would have been the eighth day. Then you add the approximate 6000 years that has passed from the end of creation. Anyway we are looking at somewhere around 12,000 to 14,000 years from the beginning of creation of this world age.

The book of Leviticus is where are the food laws are located. God makes the statement that if man will eat like He tells us to that we wont be sick like the heathen. The heathen ate unclean things and didn’t bleed the animals out before eating them. Blood becomes putrefied rather quickly after the death of an animal. So to keep the meat from becoming putrefied, one bleeds the animal out immediately upon death. God makes very clear not to eat the blood, it will make you sick.

The pharmaceutical corporations really don’t have our best interest in mind. They are more interested in your money than your health. I make this statement because their action tell the truth about what they are really interested in. They lobby our law makers to past laws that prohibit doctors from mentioning any natural cures to their patients. If a doctor is found to be offering a natural cure to his patients his license can be revoked. They know without a doubt that some of the meds they prescribe will shortly cause the patient to need another med to counter act effects of the one they just prescribed. This kind of stuff is madness.

The chemo they use to try and cure cancer wreck the human body and kills the immune system. They try to kill the cancer before the chemo kills the patient. Even the chemo has side effects, one which is that it causes cancer. See how crazy it is. When there are natural cures out there that knock out cancer with no side effects. Does not harm one’s body. The medical establishment don’t push natural cures cause there is not any money to make in natural cures. They can’t patent natural cures but they come with a petrochemical and patent it and charge huge prices for it. The medical establishment can eat up a man’s life savings in a matter of days or weeks. It’s a crying shame men and women are put through this kind stuff. That’s how the pharmaceutical corps make 4 to 10 billion every three months. Even them making those Hugh sums of money, they are losing the war on sickness and disease.

I read articles all the time about these scenarios. I’ve read several time that doctors kill 125,000 people per year from prescribing wrong meds to just the side effects from the drug along. Doctors don’t do it on purpose, they are really want to help the people but a lot of meds carry the side effects of heart attack/ stroke. Even the simple Ibuprofen, the simple pain med, carry the side effect, heart attack/stroke.

Best thing one can do for optimum health is to eat a healthy natural diet and leave the junk food alone. Junk food taste good but it’s terrible for your health. Two food items that are very hard to get away from is sugar and wheat products. Both these are on the 10 worst foods for your heart and arteries. I could go on.
I'm only going to take one point from this and say....You don't know what you're talking about. But you are smart and you can learn. Peter 3:8 does not say that a day for God is a thousand years for man. He didn't say anything like it. He said that to an eternal God "Moreover, dear friends, do not ignore this: with the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day" Considering how long eternity is...There is no difference! One day...one thousand years...what's the difference?
He did not say anything at all about one day is a thousand years or like a thousand years. I suggest you read the Word as it's written.
Beeresheet you and I agreet that this world is very very old. We agree that there have been highly advanced civilizations before man was made on this Earth. But in your proofs of it...Stick to the Word and what it actually says. Please!

Loyal Member
Since we are sticking to what the Word actually says -- on what basis do you believe that there have been highly advanced civilizations Before Adam and Eve. Where did those previous people come from?

If those previous civilizations Did exist -- why did God bother to create Adam and then Eve.

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month
Since we are sticking to what the Word actually says -- on what basis do you believe that there have been highly advanced civilizations Before Adam and Eve. Where did those previous people come from?

If those previous civilizations Did exist -- why did God bother to create Adam and then Eve.
Sue...You will notice that nobody (I think) has said that Humans existed before Adam...because Adam was the first man....When did the angels fall? When did Satan fall? When were the pyramids built? but they are not in the bible....LOL Tell me about Satan and the fallen angels...When did they arrive on Earth?
Why did God bother to create Adam. He wanted a man who would follow him. Besides, all the others that had lived on Earth were dead. So was the Earth is vs 2 of Genesis 1, remember?

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month

We read the Word, we want to do it accurately...rightly dividing the Word. What does the Word say? Even the punctuation is important as it is today in everything we write. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth. So needless to say, for us the Word takes first place, then comes other sources. Do you know that even the wisest of men had a vast library? He used it too. He had the wisdom of God, yet he used his library for knowledge too (you know that knowledge is not wisdom, and vice versa). All of the most influential rulers had huge libraries, or access to them, and they used them to gain knowledge on the thing they were researching. So then we have the Word, now we have libraries, then they looked at legend, and myth, much of which was in the libraries. Why? Most myth is based on fact. Myth can serve as a guide line for research...Follow this, follow that what do the myths say. Then there is evidence. Sue, do a short search on 'Ooparts'. Ooparts is an abbreviation for "An out-of-place artifact (OOPArt) is an artifact of historical, archaeological, or paleontological interest found in an unusual context, that challenges conventional historical chronology by being "too advanced" for the level of civilization that existed at the time, or showing "human presence" before humans were known ..

So...The Word, libraries, research in libraries, OOParts, and of course being thoughtful about what you learn, taking advantage of other minds as well. Its easy to let our minds wander and let imagination take over, leading us into nonsense areas.
So, do you see what we are doing? We're learning all we can on a subject, (in this case, PreAdamic civilizations) and putting it with the Word to get a more clear picture of events long past. This knowledge does not become Word, nor does it replace Word. It enhances what the Word says. As source of information only hinted at in the Word.
Personally, being a Christian, I would hate to think that Christians are becoming the "ignorant savages" of the age. Heh heh. Savages to be savaged.
Oh yeah! There is another thing to look at...In the libraries we can look at all that has been said about a subject...but what about what is not said? The Smithsonian has huge amounts of information, artifacts and such locked up from the public that will never be seen if they have their way. One reason being, if it becomes known, then evolution is blown right out of the window. In Sardinia, giant captitol of the world, you would be followed by the authorities and arrested if you picked up an artifact...There is an 'industry' there...that is the collection of giant skeletons, and bones, the sais skeletons and bones are destroyed in order to obfuscate the very existence of giants. Why is that? Why do governments and "museums" hide and deny the truth found on our planet, then tell lies about what was found? It's become a race to find the truth before the liars come to hide it.

Loyal Member
Bendito ---- I looked up Myths last night. A Myth / Myths are a combination Of facts, legends, fiction. You have no problem With myths because you enjoy sci-fi. And lots of people consider the Bible to be entirely myths with some good basic morality/ ethics included. But then the question comes up -- Who would have the ingenuity To make up those stores? Daniel and the lions den, the feeding of the 5,000 , etc. but, apparently, that's why it would be considered mythology -- it was all made up by 'someone'. And no one really seems to know. Apparently 'someone' eons ago, told a story to their kids and it 'took'. The stories were told over and over again until it was assumed to be Fact. Ya know what That sounds like? Some people who wanted an alternative To Biblical account of creation. Some people came up with their ideas and shared and shared and shared. After a while there Was an audience -- mostly of people who Also didn't want to accept Bible. And then some scientists decided 'it' sounded good and No one questions scientists. After all, They have a degree with their name. They've spent their time Studying all the information -- so 'they' Must be Right.

People are naturally curious. We want Answers and the 'maybe's and 'probably's are listened to with enthusiasm.

And we Do have libraries Full of information. And we have the hierarchy of the Church with Their words of wisdom to listen to. So - really -- who Needs 'words' of another 'god' who's invisible when we have the 'words' of Visible church fathers, etc.

And you brought up the punctuation in the Bible. Yes, very important. The original manuscripts did Not have all of the punctuation. They were written in the original Greek and Hebrew / some Aramaic of that day and age. And it Was actually the Holy Spirit telling the various human writers exactly what to write down / repeat to their children and grandchildren. What 'we' don't appreciate These days is that Way Back Then, people's word was solid as gold. Elderly people were Honored / Listened to.

I got side-tracked from the punctuation in the Bible. The original Greek /Hebrew and some Aramaic. In the translation process -- no two languages are the same -- different alphabets -- structure of language -- some languages use symbols rather than letters. So That process of translating can be very tedius. And, yes, punctuation is important -- context is Most important. The Gospel unto salvation is Most / Center in importance. God's Word does stand on it's own. And I've had 'this' particular conversation a few other times. True science Does back up Bible. Punctuation is what / where 'we' put it. It was not in the manuscripts.

Way back When people would look up in the sky and observe stars, planets, the sun rising and setting , the moon shining in various sizes. They knew They didn't put any of that in the sky -- and the storms -- who/ what caused Those. And it seems that every culture has had their ideas of How/ Where all of 'nature' came from. Thus, mythology came into being. All kinds of stories / legends based on what people had been observing in 'nature'. Thing is -- there is Also the satanic influence in society. The witch doctors -- their 'cure' for the bad was to sacrifice children or whomever to the unseen 'god/gods' in an effort to appease them and stop the storms.

All through history , there have been those who looked Up and acknowledged a supreme being of some sort. Others would lash out and blame 'whatever' and some just accepted and continued to live. We have the same thing happening today.

Now - regarding the Pre-Adamic world. Sounds like you are putting 'research' along With Bible. You're saying that 'it' enhances the Word.

My impression is that you're presenting Both sides of the situation -- but I know you believe in a Pre-Adamic civilization. Mostly because of the "And" that only the KJV has. You enjoy tinkering around in the sci-fi world. And, yes, 'our' imaginations can come up with Lots of interesting 'stuff'. But who's authority is Most important -- God's or God's Plus our trying to come up with answers For the pyramids, etc.

Evolution tells us that man's brains developed over time. That the pre-Adam 'us' the cave men/ women gradually learned to adapt to the world. Well -- I'd have to ask -- what was Causing this learning to take place.

I'm more inclined to say that God created mankind with very good brains -- and life shows that some people are very smart and some no so much. So the very smart people developed the ideas For the pyramids and the less smart people followed directions to help build them.

Loyal Member
Just a few notes. Carbon dating was mentioned, though non-sequiter to earth's age. It's only reliable up to a supposed 60,000 years. The main problem in setting ages, though, has been putting unscientific ages of samples based on the previously supposed ages sof rock strata the sample is taken from. Science is kept apart from creationist concepts because science advocates rely on the definition of science, being based on observable evidence, with condition of repeating observations. Evolutionists still tend to violate their own maxim, mostly speculating about origins since they can't repeat observations of events long ago.

Creation scientists have on record highly accurate predictions of magnetic fields of our planets. Those have been verified by the research craft sent out to study them. Planetary magnetic fields could not survive in the high heat of cores, but do persist between the core and mantle. That permits them to exist longer. All fade. By now if the solar system were billions of years old Mercury should have no field, but it does, as calculated given a much shorter lifetime.

Our moon is receeding away from earth 1.5 inches each year, an effect of rotations plus tidal gravity effects of moon on earth plus earth on moon. Undisputed calculations show the moon would have been rolling on earth 1.4 billion years ago.

The finding of elastic blood molecules in dinosaur fossil bone marrow, that were not mineralized into fossils when the overall bones was mineralized, demonstrates how evolutionists can't predict much about life origins, or age of earth. Creationists are succeeding in establishing predictions based on what the Bible says about origins.

What is needed is to restore the definition of "science" back to what it was before Darwin corrupted it. Modern science can't obey it's own definition concerning things they can't observe in action, such as proving any evolution happens at all in the now.

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month
Bendito ---- I looked up Myths last night. A Myth / Myths are a combination Of facts, legends, fiction. You have no problem With myths because you enjoy sci-fi. And lots of people consider the Bible to be entirely myths with some good basic morality/ ethics included. But then the question comes up -- Who would have the ingenuity To make up those stores? Daniel and the lions den, the feeding of the 5,000 , etc. but, apparently, that's why it would be considered mythology -- it was all made up by 'someone'. And no one really seems to know. Apparently 'someone' eons ago, told a story to their kids and it 'took'. The stories were told over and over again until it was assumed to be Fact. Ya know what That sounds like? Some people who wanted an alternative To Biblical account of creation. Some people came up with their ideas and shared and shared and shared. After a while there Was an audience -- mostly of people who Also didn't want to accept Bible. And then some scientists decided 'it' sounded good and No one questions scientists. After all, They have a degree with their name. They've spent their time Studying all the information -- so 'they' Must be Right.

People are naturally curious. We want Answers and the 'maybe's and 'probably's are listened to with enthusiasm.

And we Do have libraries Full of information. And we have the hierarchy of the Church with Their words of wisdom to listen to. So - really -- who Needs 'words' of another 'god' who's invisible when we have the 'words' of Visible church fathers, etc.

And you brought up the punctuation in the Bible. Yes, very important. The original manuscripts did Not have all of the punctuation. They were written in the original Greek and Hebrew / some Aramaic of that day and age. And it Was actually the Holy Spirit telling the various human writers exactly what to write down / repeat to their children and grandchildren. What 'we' don't appreciate These days is that Way Back Then, people's word was solid as gold. Elderly people were Honored / Listened to.

I got side-tracked from the punctuation in the Bible. The original Greek /Hebrew and some Aramaic. In the translation process -- no two languages are the same -- different alphabets -- structure of language -- some languages use symbols rather than letters. So That process of translating can be very tedius. And, yes, punctuation is important -- context is Most important. The Gospel unto salvation is Most / Center in importance. God's Word does stand on it's own. And I've had 'this' particular conversation a few other times. True science Does back up Bible. Punctuation is what / where 'we' put it. It was not in the manuscripts.

Way back When people would look up in the sky and observe stars, planets, the sun rising and setting , the moon shining in various sizes. They knew They didn't put any of that in the sky -- and the storms -- who/ what caused Those. And it seems that every culture has had their ideas of How/ Where all of 'nature' came from. Thus, mythology came into being. All kinds of stories / legends based on what people had been observing in 'nature'. Thing is -- there is Also the satanic influence in society. The witch doctors -- their 'cure' for the bad was to sacrifice children or whomever to the unseen 'god/gods' in an effort to appease them and stop the storms.

All through history , there have been those who looked Up and acknowledged a supreme being of some sort. Others would lash out and blame 'whatever' and some just accepted and continued to live. We have the same thing happening today.

Now - regarding the Pre-Adamic world. Sounds like you are putting 'research' along With Bible. You're saying that 'it' enhances the Word.

My impression is that you're presenting Both sides of the situation -- but I know you believe in a Pre-Adamic civilization. Mostly because of the "And" that only the KJV has. You enjoy tinkering around in the sci-fi world. And, yes, 'our' imaginations can come up with Lots of interesting 'stuff'. But who's authority is Most important -- God's or God's Plus our trying to come up with answers For the pyramids, etc.

Evolution tells us that man's brains developed over time. That the pre-Adam 'us' the cave men/ women gradually learned to adapt to the world. Well -- I'd have to ask -- what was Causing this learning to take place.

I'm more inclined to say that God created mankind with very good brains -- and life shows that some people are very smart and some no so much. So the very smart people developed the ideas For the pyramids and the less smart people followed directions to help build them.
This is a really good argument Sue! Give me a few years or a day or so to answer you. Today I'm an old man...Tomorrow I'll be younger.

Loyal Member
Bendito --- too bad aging doesn't happen that way -- and thank you. There was an episode on a Star Trek where they found a culture where the people Did start out old and died when they were very young. Never did say how the people Could start out life very old. Guess they just sorta Did. That's what's so neat About sci-fi -- Anything can be done and no one is going to object / a make-up artist can have a wonderful time with their imaginations. :smile:

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month
Bendito --- too bad aging doesn't happen that way -- and thank you. There was an episode on a Star Trek where they found a culture where the people Did start out old and died when they were very young. Never did say how the people Could start out life very old. Guess they just sorta Did. That's what's so neat About sci-fi -- Anything can be done and no one is going to object / a make-up artist can have a wonderful time with their imaginations. :smile:
Ah. I see you forgot about Mork and Mindy....Mork started out old too. LOL

Loyal Member
Your'e right -- I Did forget about Mork and Mindy -- I rarely watched it. Actually -- I wasn't into sci-fi back then -- thought that program was sort of dumb. I was okay with Mindy -- just thought Mork was kind of odd. Didn't know he started out old. But, I think he was Meant to be sort of 'odd'.

Loyal Member
Top Poster Of Month
Your'e right -- I Did forget about Mork and Mindy -- I rarely watched it. Actually -- I wasn't into sci-fi back then -- thought that program was sort of dumb. I was okay with Mindy -- just thought Mork was kind of odd. Didn't know he started out old. But, I think he was Meant to be sort of 'odd'.
I did not sleep again last night. I can't address your last argument. I'm sitting here, with waaay too much blood in my caffeine stream, feeling like a block of wood. I'll see how I feel after a couple pots and maybe a pound of bacon. Bacon cures all of life's ills. LOL