Dried Fig Icecream With Fresh Figs And Pistachios
- 7 ounces dried figs, halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 ounces cream
- 10 ounces sour cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 2t vanilla extract
- large handful pistachio, toasted, to serve
- 6-8 fresh black figs, to serve
- Combine sugar and figs with 1cup water in a small saucepan and stir over a low-heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put figs in a food processor with about 1/3 of the syrup and whizz until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Whisk yolks and eggs in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in remaining hot syrup and beat for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and sour cream and stir until smooth.
- When fig puree is cool combine creams, yolks, and puree with vanilla extract and refirgerate until well chilled.
- Churn in an icecream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve cut a cross in the top 2/3 of each fig and push them to open up into a pretty flower like shape (see picture). Divide figs between plates and place a large scoop of icecream beside them. Top with toasted pistachios. Enjoy!