• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Dreams

Active
Dreams can be stories. Since I became saved, for some unknown reason, 3 days before something real bad is about to happen to the world in some way,I get these dreams. Depending on the number of Tornadoes in the dream,which in this case was 35! Highest number I have ever seen in my dream!

Perhaps someone can explain why one would get dreams of this nature,and yet not be able to help? It is like you have a friend you may have far away,and a storm comes,and you cannot help them,or even warn them?

I got these dreams 3 days before Mt.Saint Helen went off,and then 3 days before 911. I just do not see the purpose in having such dreams, when I can do nothing about it?

But perhaps someone with much more knowledge then I have, can explain to me why? I was hit in the stomach by a part of a carbartor of a car.It was silver in color. It woke me up.LOL I do not know much about cars,except to change the oil,tires,wiper blades.basic things on a car I can do,but nothing so complex as a new engine or something like this.I through this out here,in hopes of perhaps someone will understand this, much more then I do. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Active
I think this information will be enlightening.
A carburetor represents the peak of a technology.
They worked great for 100 years but to get to the next level of power and efficiency something was needed to break up the fuel into smaller particles.

Fuel injection is the next step up in technology and allows designers more freedom in efficient engine design.
In a naturally aspirated engine changing from carburetor to direct fuel injection gives an increase in both power and efficiency of at least 10%.
The big gain though is in a forced aspiration engine like turbo charged or super charged with fuel injection.
Auto manufacturers in the US quit using carburetors in the late 80's and by the early 90's had completely phased them out.

Another interesting note on carbs is that if you go above 3200 feet in elevation you had to change the air to fuel ratio to account for the less dense oxygen.So carburetors also had to be tossed when the aviation industry wanted to operate in the higher levels of the atmosphere.

So are you and Jesus building a race car?
If you asked me to help you build one but you wanted to use a carburetor I would probably toss it at you too.

Last edited:
Active
Interesting Thiscrosshurts!! Well I will know on Thursday. that will be the third day, after my bad dream.

Hi Brother Brighthouse,

Sometimes when we get bad dreams I think we are meant to pray for whatever or whoever it is the dreams we are having. Not to long ago I had a dream about both of my aunts on my mom's side of the family and told my mom and she advised that I just pray for them and lift them up to God. You said you don't understand the purpose of having these dreams when you can do nothing about it. You are doing something when you pray and lift up the people of this country or other countries to Jesus...prayer is very powerful so you are infact doing something even though you may not understand why the dream your prayers are still being heard by Jesus.

God bless you each and every day
AA

Hello Brighthouse.

AbbysAunt beat me on the prayer angle.

The prophet Daniel could interpret dreams
drop him a line.

The carburetor in more dated automobile engines
controlled the power that the engine would
generate. An analogy would be and I am
guessing the interaction of the Holy Spirit
and one Brighthouse. Put your foot to the floor
fast and pray so that you can be far more receptive
to guidance from the indwelling Spirit.

Then perhaps we can have a far earlier warning
of catastrophes. Just an idea.

Active
I got these dreams 3 days before Mt.Saint Helen went off,and then 3 days before 911. I just do not see the purpose in having such dreams, when I can do nothing about it?
I have been thinking about this statement and I have wondered the same thing myself.
One one hand we have the question whether we can do anything about the future or what I call the "next".

On the other hand we have the practical value of being shown something ahead of time for a surety that God really does know what is next and is in control.With this information we can know for certain that God is not being caught off guard and that he will work all these things together for good to those who love him.

Back to the question of whether we can actually change the "next".
I have never personally recieved any future visions that are of world wide perspective.
I have had visions of things that were about to happen in my personal life and I found that those things can be avoided,changed or turned around for good under certain conditions.I don't take personal experiences as universal truths because we are given different gifts
that are not fully explained in scripture.

Active
depending on what happens if anything on Thursday, I will have a sermon. But I must see what if anything will, or does happen first. I have always been a great tester!! Boldness, in ones life, can also be deceiving in ones life as well.I learned this the hard way to! Thanks so much all,for your thoughts!

I have a dream that needs interpreting. This was days before 9/11 back in 2001. Part one I was standing in the yard across the road from the house I grew up in. It was night and a breeze was in the air. The house I saw was exactly as I remember it. White and I cannot recall whether or not I saw the porch across the front. But the front light was on. A lot of bad memories were in that house that's all I will say on that. Then the scene changes to me standing in the center of or to the side of a long highway before me. It extends over hills, like some of the roads in the desert. I turn my head to the left and up (it was daytime here compared to the first part) and see seven or so dark casket like shapes floating down, each with their little parachutes to slow their decent. Then it turns black and I wake up feeling dread, or maybe it's the Holy Spirit impressing upon me I cannot say. Could anyone help me with this?

Loyal
Dreams from the Lord usually do one of three things. One is give us a message to share with someone else, to be one of many mouthpieces of God (a true honor). The second is to teach us, to help us to understand something better, much like the parables Jesus spoke. The last is to increase our faith and understanding of those dreams as being of the Lord. And the dream can be a combination of two to all three of these actions.

Active
I have a dream that needs interpreting. This was days before 9/11 back in 2001. Part one I was standing in the yard across the road from the house I grew up in. It was night and a breeze was in the air. The house I saw was exactly as I remember it. White and I cannot recall whether or not I saw the porch across the front. But the front light was on. A lot of bad memories were in that house that's all I will say on that. Then the scene changes to me standing in the center of or to the side of a long highway before me. It extends over hills, like some of the roads in the desert. I turn my head to the left and up (it was daytime here compared to the first part) and see seven or so dark casket like shapes floating down, each with their little parachutes to slow their decent. Then it turns black and I wake up feeling dread, or maybe it's the Holy Spirit impressing upon me I cannot say. Could anyone help me with this?
Greeting in the Lord Jesus
The devil is sent to try us. The devil will remind us of things in the past and things in the past that was done to us. He is a liar.
All those past things are gone, blotted out, don't exist anymore. Amen. Your life in Him is made brand new, the old is past away.
The Holy Ghost is the breeze. It feels good on your face even when darkness is all around us. Amen. He is comforting. Amen
That long highway, you are standing in the middle of, is the straight and narrow that leads to eternal life. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Amen
Yes, this road will have mountains to climb, and they come when we are in a desert place, and we usually feel very alone like darkness is trying to consume us, but do not look to the left or to the right at what you see before you, keep your heart focused on the Lord, if not, we will take with us seven demons worst than the first, (the caskets).
All praise, glory and honor be to God.

I know you posted this some time ago; but I just saw it.
I pray all is well and you are found in favor and many blessings with the Creator of ALL things. Amen