• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Drawing Near to God

Staff Member
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. (James 4:8)

The nearer we come to God, the more graciously will He reveal Himself to us. When the prodigal comes to his father, his father runs to meet him. When the wandering dove returns to the ark, Noah puts out his hand to pull her in unto him, When the tender wife seeks her husband’s society, he comes to her on wings of love. Come then, dear friend, let us draw nigh to God who so graciously awaits us, yea, comes to meet us.

Did you ever notice that passage in Isaiah 58:9? There the Lord seems to put Himself at the disposal of His people, saying to them, “Here I am.” As much as to say—”What have you to say to me? What can I do for you? I am waiting to bless you.” How can we hesitate to draw near? God is nigh to forgive, to bless, to comfort, to help, to quicken, to deliver. Let it be the main point with us to get near to God. This done, all is done. If we draw near to others, they may before long grow weary of us and leave us; but if we seek the Lord alone, no change will come over His mind, but He will continue to come nearer and yet nearer to us by fuller and more joyful fellowship.

Charles Spurgeon

Loyal
The nearer we come to God, the more graciously will He reveal Himself to us. When the prodigal comes to his father, his father runs to meet him. When the wandering dove returns to the ark, Noah puts out his hand to pull her in unto him, When the tender wife seeks her husband’s society, he comes to her on wings of love. Come then, dear friend, let us draw nigh to God who so graciously awaits us, yea, comes to meet us.

Did you ever notice that passage in Isaiah 58:9? There the Lord seems to put Himself at the disposal of His people, saying to them, “Here I am.” As much as to say—”What have you to say to me? What can I do for you? I am waiting to bless you.” How can we hesitate to draw near? God is nigh to forgive, to bless, to comfort, to help, to quicken, to deliver. Let it be the main point with us to get near to God. This done, all is done. If we draw near to others, they may before long grow weary of us and leave us; but if we seek the Lord alone, no change will come over His mind, but He will continue to come nearer and yet nearer to us by fuller and more joyful fellowship.
Charles Spurgeon

Hello Christ4Ever,
It pleases the Father more then words could say when we draw near to Him. How much do we like it when our children or spouse goes out of their way and rearrange their lives, simply to get to be with you and get to know you better and to just simply say Daddy I love you YOU. Now think about GOD being our creator and wanting our love so MUCH that He allows us free will to love Him or not and to how much we love Him.....He is GOD and yet humbly desires His creation to Love Him...

We can not even grasp how GREAT His love for us truly is. It is beyond anything we could compare it too and yet it is there simply waiting for us to come dwell within His love. He has no limits to how much we can come to know of Him and His love. He has no limits to How close we can get to HIM our creator and loving God our Heavenly Father our Abba Father "DADDY".
Blessings and Love in Christ
Jim

Charles Spurgeon
What causes my heart sadness is many people have this idea that God is just waiting up in Heaven to throw a bolt of lightning on us when we sin, and thus they do not realize that, that lie is from the devil. God loves us so much and wants to bless us like you said, but we have difficulty receiving that love. We think we need to punish ourselves...so we stay away (another lie from the devil) or we don't think we have done enough to "deserve" God's love (another lie). But like you said God gave us that Free gift of love and salvation, so the more we share the love of God with the people, the more people will run into the arms of their loving Savior, when they sin.
Thanks for posting this blessed devotional!