• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Drawing a Bull’s-Eye Around Your Arrow

Staff Member
Jeroboam appointed his own priests to serve at the pagan shrines, where they worshiped the goat and calf idols he had made. 2 Chronicles 11:15 NLT

Facing a divided kingdom and the possibility that his subjects would leave for his rival’s land in order to worship, Jeroboam came up with a “good enough” solution by creating his own idols and appointing his own priests rather than worshipping in the temple and with the priests God had appointed. You could say he drew a bull’s-eye around wherever his arrow landed, choosing the easiest solution rather than seeking a way to remain faithful to God despite the threat to his kingdom.

The easy way out may save some headaches today. A few compromises may smooth over a conversation or three. Yet, the “good enough” option will eventually lead you astray from God’s purpose and could even cause others to make similar mistakes.

Consider your temptations to compromise, the ways you have cut corners, or the times you could be tempted to settle in the future. How can you entrust these situations to God? Are worries about your future, your relationships, or your finances leading you toward a shortcut? These are what you can bring to God in prayer today, seeking His guidance so that you can pursue His best for you and your family.

Prayer: Lord, deliver me from my fears and my compromises so that I can follow where You lead.