• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Don't let the anti-Christmas crowd kick Christ out of Christmas this year

Administrator
Staff Member
Don't let the anti-Christmas crowd kick Christ out of Christmas this year

Companies are now working on their Christmas promotions. Let them hear from you today.

June is not the time when we think of Christmas. But June is the time when retailers begin making their plans for Christmas promotions — store banners, newspaper ads, TV commercials, etc.

Remember last Christmas when many national retailers banned the use of Merry Christmas and allowed only the use of Season's Greetings or Happy Holidays or even winter holidays? Remember how some stores did not allow their employees to say "Merry Christmas" to their customers? Remember how Christmas trees were called Holiday trees?

There are companies which don't want to offend a small handful of their customers by mentioning Christmas because Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ. However, they don't mind offending Christians by refusing to use the term Christmas.

We could be headed for another year when similar incidents occur, unless we let companies know right now that we will not accept the banning of Christmas in their promotions.

Now is the time to let the retailers know that if they ban the use of the term Christmas, you will not be shopping with them during the Christmas season!

Take Action
Send a message to the nation's largest retailers. Your message will also go to the National Association of Advertisers which most major advertisers are members of.

Please help us secure one million signatures by forwarding this to friends and family. We will not be able to secure the one million signatures without your support. So please forward this message. It will be too late once the companies already have their plans made and material printed. Let them hear from you today!

Click Here To Petition Retailers Now!

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this e-mail message to your family and friends!

Hmmm... The very thing that bugs me about modern "Christmas"tide. It is, after all, very difficult to call it Christmas unless it has something to do with Christ. After all, it is the feast of the birth of Christ (Christ + mas, which means feast day, I think - think Candlemas and Michaelmas).
Last Christmas (2005), the bishop of the diocese in which I live (he's bishop of Cork, Cloyne and Ross) told the congregation in his sermon how, in a shop in town, he was asked by a shopkeeper if he 'had' to wear his Pectoral Cross (which is just a simple cross worn around the neck), and if it would be possible to remove it, so that the Jews, Muslims and atheists wouldn't be offended.
It always boils down to offending the Atheists and the Muslims. Well, do they ever think that forcing us to call things "Holiday" trees, and "holiday"tide, and "Holiday" stars is offensive to Christians. As a follower of Christ, I like to wish people a peaceful Christmas, I like to put a star on top of a tree at Christmas (for me, it symbolises not only the star that led the magi to Bethlehem, but also that Christ is our light, a glorious and radiant star), and I like to go to Church so that, in the presence of other Christians, I can thank the Father for sending his Son as our Saviour.
If we Christians were to relinquish one of the cornerstones of our faith, what would come next? Should we re-name Easter Day, Pentecost and Trinity Sunday as well? Perhaps we should call our churches "Temple of the Christian God", by the same logic!! This world is slowly descending into the Godlessness foretold by our saviour Christ. We should therefore be more fervent than ever in our public proclamation of His glory.

Last edited:

Eve

Christmas Confusion

Some town councils are hypocritacal in my opinion. In one Street in a nearby town they put up signs saying 'Happy Divali' and decorated the street with electric lights/light displays down its entire length. In another street they refused to continue putting up the traditional signs that said 'Happy Christmas' for risk of offending the minority. Instead it said 'happy winterville' or something just as ridiculous.

This was apparently because the council members happened to have a gay councilor and an ethnic minority representative amoungst them who objected to the word Christmas!!! As you can imagine the town council got hundreds of complaints. Many from people who were gay and/or from ethnic minority groups saying that they weren't at all offended by the word Christmas and that this just created animosity between cultures at a time when tolerance and peace on earth was supposed to be promoted.

We are expected to be more than accepting of others but what about others accepting our faith? What will be next, a restriction on what Christmas decorations we can put up in our homes?

P.S. I am sure other faiths would be greatly offended if they were not allowed to wear their religious garments or show their religious symbols. It's double standards.

Last edited:
Eve said:
Some town councils are hypocrtical in my opinion. In one Street in a nearby town they put up signs saying 'Happy Diwali' and decorated the street with electric lights/light displays down its entire length. In another street they refused to continue putting up the traditional signs that said 'Happy Christmas' for risk of offending the minority. Instead it said 'happy winterville' or something just as ridiculous.
This was apparently because the council members happened to have a gay councilor and an ethnic minority representative amongst them who objected to the word Christmas!!! As you can imagine the town council got hundreds of complaints. Many from people who were gay and/or from ethnic minority groups saying that they weren't at all offended by the word Christmas and that this just created animosity between cultures at a time when tolerance and peace on earth was supposed to be promoted.
We are expected to be more than accepting of others but what about others accepting our faith? What will be next, a restriction on what Christmas decorations we can put up in our homes?
P.S. I am sure other faiths would be greatly offended if they were not allowed to wear their religious garments or show their religious symbols. It's double standards.

Hi Eve,
I am an Indian. I understand what you mean. Here we Christians are minority(Just 2% of the Indian population). Hindu fundamentalists and serious Hindus claim that majority of the Hindus are losing their Hindu identity mainly because of the 300yrs. of British rule in India and globalisation. Indian Constitution guarantees some privileges for the minorities. But the Hindu fundamentalists are demanding the Indian government to remove those privileges! They want the Christians to abandon their faith and convert back to Hinduism. They destroy the churches and harass the Christians.

But I hear that the same Hindus have built a Hindu temple in London, which is supposed to be the second biggest in the world! Hindu fundamentalists demand the missionaries from the western world to leave India. It is very difficult to get visa for the missionaries from the west.

But the west in the name human rights slowly allows the 'Hinduaization'.

Last edited:
We have to remember the words of the English statesman Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
We must refuse to knuckle under to such absurdities. We may have to "go to law" (sue) in order to protect our Christian heritage. Actions do speak louder than words.
SLE

I can't imagine a world without the far reaching influence of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. When I stopped to consider exactly what it meant to live a life without Christ, I thought that I may as well stop going to church, reading my bible, praying, celebrating Christian Holidays, swearing on the Bible in court and a whole host of other things!

It blew my mind...

I think that this way of thinking is a good way to evangelise to Non-Christians who have become complacent about having these things in their lives. Who draw comfort from them. Ask them why? Ask them what their world would be like without Jesus? Maybe this could be their first step towards Salvation!

I think these town planners are beginning to realise something, I myself considered a long time. I'm an all of nothing kind of girl. Either this man Jesus lived and because He lived I can face tomorrow. It's the best news I've heard in my life and I want to follow this man Jesus. Or stop lying, stop pretending, put it all away, take it all down.

Thank God it led me to find, that Christmas can prevail. Jesus Lives!

Love in Christ... Hallelujah!

Interesting posts. Some Christians do not believe in celebrating Chrismas because of its pagan origins. They are anti-chrismas also, but not anti-Christ.

The Bible says we should all be fully persuaded about what we believe. There is no room for contention as some keep feasts and others do not. Let he who does not eat not condemn he who does.

Administrator
Staff Member
Amen mecartz

Romans 14:20-22

Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.

Galatians 5:1-4

So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ cannot help you. I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey all of the regulations in the whole law of Moses. For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.