• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Don't be grossed out

Gods seen all manner of evil, and that spirit now lives in you. So why are you grossly offended at sin?

I'm talking to you Christians who just can't get passed the evil nature you see in people, and why you treat them like leper's.

Staff Member
Gods seen all manner of evil, and that spirit now lives in you. So why are you grossly offended at sin?

I'm talking to you Christians who just can't get passed the evil nature you see in people, and why you treat them like leper's.

Seems to the imperfect man! Surely, hasn't man always seen the things he doesn't understand as evil and in need of being changed/subjugated if its in their power to do so?

So, if unable to explain it or accept the explanation given to them through God's Word. Then let's make what we believe to be the foundation from where we start and move forward from there. Kind of like what you did in the above question. Assume God is evil and so since the Christian's belief that He resides in him as an individual, must then have an acceptable evil that resides in the heart/souls of such people. So, why are you offended by sin, when it's very nature is within you! :) :-(

Sad, to think that way. I am offended by sin, because it is what has kept humanity separated from His Creator. You not believing in one, outside of "self" must strive to justify the sin within you that is separate from God.

Have to head out. Ah, but for more time! Maybe, later as God wills. :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Warning: Continue with this type of posting and you will be banned.
That is not why Talk Jesus is here.

Nick

Loyal

I will tell you what I believe, but as you apparently already have seen, not every believer is exactly the same.

Different believers have different gifts from God and are at different levels in their walks with God. A baby Christian may be 15 or 40 or even 70 years old in the flesh, but when it comes to the things of God he is a baby and his actions, inactions, words or silence may well reflect his immaturity. Like the natural human baby he must grow, but the growth needed is spiritual. Before the spiritual was born again [spiritually] he was dead in the eyes of God. Coming out of Mama's womb is only the beginning of our walk, physically or spiritually.

Some Christians have stopped growing [as I see it]. To stop growing in this walk is to stagnate and eventually to die. It is like walking uphill on a steep talus slope [nothing but unattached rocks underfoot]. To stand still means to slide backward. Even to walk too slow means you may slide backward. An steady pace on our climb may keep us from sliding back, but if we are ever going to reach the top something more will be required. God gave us all that is needed to make to the top His Son Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Whether we use it and how we use is up to us. Any help that is really needed is always available. Too many people stagnate and die because they won't use what they have and they won't ask God for help.

In some church assemblies [I'll not name any here] it is not unusual to effectively teach new born spiritual babies to quench God's Spirit. Some of them have likely done it for so long and so often, they do not realize that is what they are doing. The babies of course eat what they are fed. They likely would not know spiritual poison for what it is.

In spite of wrongful directions, anyone who is really hungry and thirsty for the things of God will still receive them. When it comes to the Kingdom of God people will get what they really want. No man can keep another out of God's Kingdom.

Loyal
Hab 1:12 O LORD my God, my Holy One, You who are eternal—surely You do not plan to wipe us out? O LORD, our Rock, You have sent these Babylonians to correct us, to punish us for our many sins.
Hab 1:13 But You are pure and cannot stand the sight of evil. Will You wink at their treachery? Should You be silent while the wicked swallow up people more righteous than they?

1Pe 3:12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and His ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns His face against those who do evil."