• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Don’t Remain Troubled

Staff Member
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1 ESV

After Judas leaves the upper room, Jesus says He is about to be crucified. Then He declares today’s key verse. You may be thinking, How could Jesus say that?

Let’s consider what Jesus is not saying.

Just a few paragraphs earlier, John 13:21 says, “Jesus was troubled in his spirit” because one of His disciples was going to betray Him. So, Jesus is not saying terrible things will never happen.

A chapter earlier, in John 12:27, Jesus says, “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.” So, Jesus is not saying you will never sacrifice or suffer according to God’s eternal purposes.

Another chapter earlier, John 11:33 says, “When Jesus saw her (Mary) weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled.” So, Jesus is not saying you won’t ever feel deep sorrow and grief.

Instead, Jesus doesn’t want you to remain troubled. How is that possible? In the second half of John 14:1, He quickly goes on to say, “Believe in God; believe also in me.”

Don’t give in to fear. Don’t freeze, fight, or flee. Instead, immediately focus on the Lord.

Prayer: Lord, You know how often my heart is troubled. May I always turn to You right away.