• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Don’t Lose Heart

Staff Member
God brought them out of Egypt; for them he is as strong as a wild ox. No curse can touch Jacob; no magic has any power against Israel. For now it will be said of Jacob, 'What wonders God has done for Israel!' Numbers 23:22-23 NLT

As Israel set up an encampment near Moab, Balak, Moab’s king, was filled with terror, thinking Israel might attack. Trying to get out in front of an offensive, he turned to Balaam, wanting him to curse Israel. But Balak’s efforts were in vain. Ever since He brought them out of Egypt, God had been faithful to His people, and He would be faithful to them as they took the Promised Land. No magic has any power against Israel.

In a postmodern culture, it’s easy to lose hope. Darkness is settling over the land and it seeks to infiltrate every home via television, tablets, computers, and phones. But God will be faithful to this generation of believers, just as He was faithful to all previous generations. Don’t lose heart. During some of Israel’s darkest hours, God intervened in a mighty way.

Live an intentional life for Christ. Have regular family devotions. Pray around the dinner table. Engage in spiritual conversations with your family. Read good Christian books. Listen to Christian radio. And call on the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to protect your family.

Prayer: Father, fill me with hope as I seek to lead my family in the fear of the Lord.