• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

    Register Log In

Don’t Judge Anyone Not Even Yourself Before the Lord Comes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Member
If you Judge

And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Deut 1:16

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:9

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24

And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the Lord, who is with you in the judgment. 2 Chron 19:6




Judge Not

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Matthew 7:3-5

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Luke 6:37

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1Cor 4:3-5

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. Rom 14:13


Consoling Scripture

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 1John 3:20

Example of a possible poor Judgment call based just on our knowledge.

I might have thought that the Pharaoh who held Israel in bondage was totally responsible for his actions if I had not read in the scriptures that GOD had harden Pharaoh’s heart. If GOD hadn’t said so how would anyone know, but we cannot blame GOD if we judge poorly when he tells us not too.

And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. Exodus 4:21

And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. Exodus 7:3

:love: Yeshua:boy_hug: Thank you all for your replies.MGBUall:thumbs_up
 
Last edited:
Member
Those are good scriptures telling us not to judge others.
We tend to judge others when we think that we are better than them. It's an ugly truth that most people don't want to hear, but next time any of you are in church, a store, or watching the news and you find yourself thinking "Wow, now that guy is nuts!" or "I'm glad I'm not like that!", remember that you just judged them, and think of the reason why you did. Is it because you think you're better than they are?

I have recently learned that there are two things that God says will keep us following Him and will please Him. I don't have my bible with me or I'd give you scriptures to back this up. I do know that it's all through the bible though, about how God hates pride and want the following:

1) Fear the Lord
and
2) Be humble

Through those two things, you can demolish the pride that makes you judge others.
God bless you!
 
Member
Yeshua said:
If you Judge

And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Deut 1:16

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:9

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24

And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the Lord, who is with you in the judgment. 2 Chron 19:6




Judge Not

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Matthew 7:3-5

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Luke 6:37

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1Cor 4:3-5

Consoling Scripture

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 1John 3:20

Example of a possible poor Judgment call based just on our knowledge.

I might have thought that the Pharaoh who held Israel in bondage was totally responsible for his actions if I had not read in the scriptures that GOD had harden Pharaoh’s heart. If GOD hadn’t said so how would anyone know, but we cannot blame GOD if we judge poorly when he tells us not too.

And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. Exodus 4:21

And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. Exodus 7:3

:love:
Dear brothers and sisters,

God warns us of this incredible act of judging throughout scripture. He knows that judging against each other can fester into other acts of sin. Perhaps one the most sensitive areas of judging is when we are in unity as the body of Christ.

If there is a disagreement with the sermon, the behavior of another Christian who's intentions are good for the church, or a confession of another seeking forgiveness, we can even be judgemental without realizing it!

Please remember how much God wants us to be in dwelling of Him in everything we do. Be in constant focus of Jesus and read the scriptures above. At night time before getting our rest go into a time of repentence again and seek His forgiveness for anyone that we may have judged or formed a negative opinion of.

When our hearts are pure toward one another it is easier to work together if we have a disagreement or need to reconcile.

God loves us and wants to mold and refine us into the persons we already are so we can be better witnesses within our church family and out in the community.

Your brother in Christ Jesus.
 
Last edited:
Member
i agree they are great scriptures we all need to remember to be light unto others and use godly wisdom its not our place to judge them that god will do we need to encourage not discourage well god bless you all and keep the word flowing!!!! The word tells us in hebrews chapter 6i agree they are great scriptures we all need to remember to be light unto others and use godly wisdom its not our place to judge them that god will do we need to encourage not discourage well god bless you all and keep the word flowing!!!!Bob i got to admit i read your responce and i got to honestly say that is true meat! I my self have found when ministering the word of god not only do we have to feed them the scriptures but give them a general discussion about the topic. i feel that at times the things that stings when it comes to the word is only due to our own errors in our lives. we adventually need to stop living off of spiritual milk and eat some meat! that is how we grow milk is only a temperly satisfying but meat now that is what we grow on. I will be the first one to admit that i fall short but by meat that i get from reading good messages and studying the word of god i grow into wisdom, meat is where wisdom comes from. when we can apply that meat and get pass the sting then we can maturely grow from the word.
Heb 6:1
6:1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity
it also says1 Cor 13:8-13
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Prov 23:12
12Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge
remember always to explain your scriptures and why god laid them on your heart. god bless you all
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Member
We need to be careful never to judge any person's heart. Only God can see the heart! But sometimes we do need to make judgements about actions. If someone is clearly doing something wrong and they don't realise it, it can get them into trouble. We can graciously help them to get back on track. (Galatians 6:1; 1 Corinthians 5:12:wink:

Remember brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death...James 5:19-20


Also we do have to be discerning and make judgements about Spiritual matters!!!

Now the Bereans were more noble minded...for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the scriptures everyday to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11

The Spiritual man makes judgements about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment. 1 Corinthians 2:15

Two or three prophets should speak and the others should weigh carefully what is being said. 1 Corinthians 14:29

and one of my favourite scripture:
Examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith; test youselves. Do you not realise that Christ is in you unless indeed you fail the test? 2 Corinthians 13:5-6

I agree with lordsria: Fear the Lord and be humble. Micah 6:8
 
Member
It does not say judge not it says judge not lest you be judged by the same measure you judge with.. if you can take the judgement you can judge. Always be careful though to judge with compassion and that way compassion will be used in judging you.
 
Member
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come

This is one of the scriptures that I included and it says:

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1Cor 4:3-5

Has Jesus come back all ready? If so than all would have known about his comming, since the scripture also says.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matt 24:26-27

I believe the scriptures warn us not to judge ourselves or anyone else before our Lord Jesus the Christ, the Son of man, returns and reveals to all of us the whole truth. If we do we must judge righteously and if we only know in part now how can we honestly say to ourselves that we can do that? Finally brethren, if the apostle Paul acknowledged that it is the Lord that judges him and not others or himself, than shouldn't we do the same?


Thank you for sharing a reply buzzboodro.:thumbs_up with:love: Yeshua

buzzboodro said:
It does not say judge not it says judge not lest you be judged by the same measure you judge with.. if you can take the judgement you can judge. Always be careful though to judge with compassion and that way compassion will be used in judging you.
 
Last edited:
Member
evangeline said:
We need to be careful never to judge any person's heart. Only God can see the heart! But sometimes we do need to make judgements about actions. If someone is clearly doing something wrong and they don't realise it, it can get them into trouble. We can graciously help them to get back on track. (Galatians 6:1; 1 Corinthians 5:12:wink:

Remember brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death...James 5:19-20


Also we do have to be discerning and make judgements about Spiritual matters!!!

Now the Bereans were more noble minded...for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the scriptures everyday to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11

The Spiritual man makes judgements about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment. 1 Corinthians 2:15

Two or three prophets should speak and the others should weigh carefully what is being said. 1 Corinthians 14:29

and one of my favourite scripture:
Examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith; test youselves. Do you not realise that Christ is in you unless indeed you fail the test? 2 Corinthians 13:5-6

I agree with lordsria: Fear the Lord and be humble. Micah 6:8
All good comments.... you introduced the concept of discernment in this post, which presents a delima ... how does one discern without judging? What is the difference between discernment and judging.
 
Member
Discernment without Judging

Very astute, shrewd, question my friend in Christ. And that would be a whole other post which I'm now working on. Though you may discover the answer yourself I intend to rigorously persue it for you and whomsoever would seek the truth.

Here in short is the beginning of my new post to come.

(Discerning judgement)


And all God's people gather more believers to his Son. :love: Your brother in Jesus the Christ, Yeshua:boy_hug:



pappa said:
All good comments.... you introduced the concept of discernment in this post, which presents a delima ... how does one discern without judging? What is the difference between discernment and judging.
 
Member
I've been reading 1 Corinthians lately and came upon these verses:

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are we not to judge those inside? 1 Corinthians 5:3

Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1 Corinthians 6:3
 
Member
We need to discern and judge spiritual matters! (Acts 17:11; 1 Corinthians 2:5; 1 Corinthians 14:29)
We need to examine and judge ourselves! (1 Corinthians 11:28and31; 2 Corinthians 13:5-6)
But we can never judge another person's heart
And we must be extremely cautious and extremely gracious if we need to judge another's actions.

As Jesus said:
Stop judging by mere appearances and make a right judgement. John 7:24
 
Member
Very good!

:love: Very good just don't assume that THOSE refers to people. Instead of events or doings and such. And angles are spirits and that second scripture refers to a time after Jesus comes.:thumbs_up

I LOVE you in Jesus! Yeshua:boy_hug:
 
Member
Those

:love: I responded to this the other day but I don't know where my response went, so here goes again. I don't believe the word those refers to people, I believe those refers to doings such as heresies. And the judging of angels happens after the Lord returns. It might seem right to some that they should judge others but I believe the scriptures warn us not too.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Prov.14:12

and

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Gal 6:7

and finally

For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. James 2:13:thumbs_up

Thank you brothers and sisters for sharing. :love: Yeshua :boy_hug:

 
Member
Yeshua said:
Very astute, shrewd, question my friend in Christ. And that would be a whole other post which I'm now working on. Though you may discover the answer yourself I intend to rigorously persue it for you and whomsoever would seek the truth.

Here in short is the beginning of my new post to come.

(Discerning judgement)


And all God's people gather more believers to his Son. :love: Your brother in Jesus the Christ, Yeshua:boy_hug:
Thanks for responding... I asked the question because I think there is sometimes confusion over this issue.. and wanted to hear the opinions of people on the forum.... rather than give my thoughts now... I'd like to hear your answer.

looking forward to your article on the subject. Thanks in advance.
 
Member
I posted the new Post on Discernment it is Called:

:love: (Discerning judgement)

Thanks for asking...we...really want to study the truth too.:thumbs_up

Your friend in Christ Jesus our Lord, Yeshua:boy_hug:
 
Member
I appreciate your response. THANK YOU.

I appreciate your response. THANK YOU. That is not only refreshing but it encourages me to post more often.

:love: Your brother in Christ Jesus, Yeshua:boy_hug:


lordsria said:
Those are good scriptures telling us not to judge others.
We tend to judge others when we think that we are better than them. It's an ugly truth that most people don't want to hear, but next time any of you are in church, a store, or watching the news and you find yourself thinking "Wow, now that guy is nuts!" or "I'm glad I'm not like that!", remember that you just judged them, and think of the reason why you did. Is it because you think you're better than they are?

I have recently learned that there are two things that God says will keep us following Him and will please Him. I don't have my bible with me or I'd give you scriptures to back this up. I do know that it's all through the bible though, about how God hates pride and want the following:

1) Fear the Lord
and
2) Be humble

Through those two things, you can demolish the pride that makes you judge others.
God bless you!
 
Member
Pappa, concerning discernment and judgment.

I too agree that this poses what I consider a conundrum that too many women I have known, have fallen victim to. For as they seek not to judge, they forgive acts of domestic violence, weaken their faith in the love of God has for them, and remain victims of violence in their own homes.

I too have come up against those who have sought to do me harm in some way or another. I did not want to judge them as the teaching of the scriptures says, and then leave them based on that judgment; or better still remain in a fearful state of being. Then ne day I read II Timothy 3: 1-5:

"This know also, that in the last days perilous time shall come....For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, un-thankful, unholy,...Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,...Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;...Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY!" (Continue reading...3:8 says "Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.")

Therefore I did not need to judge the person, but follow the scriptures instructions, stay away from the person, (even in thought). When the person came to mind, if I sensed fear, in my mind I would say "Stay away from me." If the person otherwise, came to mind I was free to pray for them to come to God.

I have found the scriptures most helpful in guiding me through such matters, at work, home, and community. I do not have to determine whether a person is good or bad deserving punishment etc. If I discern that their negative acts reflect those described in the scripture, I can act according to the instructions written in the Word of God. If someone seeks to do me harm, I say and believe: "My enemies, shall be confounded and ashamed" (Psalms 35:4); No weapons formed against me shall prosper. Every tongue that rises against me in judgment shall be condemned." (Isaiah 54:17). Then I try to rely on this: "I will give you a mouth and wisdom that your adversaries are not able to gainsay or resist. (Luke 21:15).

I say all this to emphasize that though we may not be given to consistently judge and condemn the sins of each person (thus lending our minds to be subdued with negativity); God does not intend for us, or leave us to be potential victims of those who seek to do us harm.

Bottom line, I don't have to trouble my mind in judging the goodness or evilness of a person. The scriptures have judged them. It is my job to act appropriately as instructed by the Word of God, be it to turn away from them, or pray for them.

With much love, and hope;

CQ
 
Member
This is very Good and well thoughtout.

I thank you for your thoughts on this subject.:thumbs_up

In the love of Christ and one another thanks again, cranquar.

Yeshua:boy_hug:


cranquar said:
Pappa, concerning discernment and judgment.

I too agree that this poses what I consider a conundrum that too many women I have known, have fallen victim to. For as they seek not to judge, they forgive acts of domestic violence, weaken their faith in the love of God has for them, and remain victims of violence in their own homes.

I too have come up against those who have sought to do me harm in some way or another. I did not want to judge them as the teaching of the scriptures says, and then leave them based on that judgment; or better still remain in a fearful state of being. Then ne day I read II Timothy 3: 1-5:

"This know also, that in the last days perilous time shall come....For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, un-thankful, unholy,...Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,...Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;...Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY!" (Continue reading...3:8 says "Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.")

Therefore I did not need to judge the person, but follow the scriptures instructions, stay away from the person, (even in thought). When the person came to mind, if I sensed fear, in my mind I would say "Stay away from me." If the person otherwise, came to mind I was free to pray for them to come to God.

I have found the scriptures most helpful in guiding me through such matters, at work, home, and community. I do not have to determine whether a person is good or bad deserving punishment etc. If I discern that their negative acts reflect those described in the scripture, I can act according to the instructions written in the Word of God. If someone seeks to do me harm, I say and believe: "My enemies, shall be confounded and ashamed" (Psalms 35:4); No weapons formed against me shall prosper. Every tongue that rises against me in judgment shall be condemned." (Isaiah 54:17). Then I try to rely on this: "I will give you a mouth and wisdom that your adversaries are not able to gainsay or resist. (Luke 21:15).

I say all this to emphasize that though we may not be given to consistently judge and condemn the sins of each person (thus lending our minds to be subdued with negativity); God does not intend for us, or leave us to be potential victims of those who seek to do us harm.

Bottom line, I don't have to trouble my mind in judging the goodness or evilness of a person. The scriptures have judged them. It is my job to act appropriately as instructed by the Word of God, be it to turn away from them, or pray for them.

With much love, and hope;

CQ
 
Member
Thank you for sharing a reply lordsria!

:sun: Thank you for sharing a reply lordsria!:thumbs_up

Your brother in Christ Jesus, the only begotten Son of God,
:love: Yeshua:boy_hug:



lordsria said:
Those are good scriptures telling us not to judge others.
We tend to judge others when we think that we are better than them. It's an ugly truth that most people don't want to hear, but next time any of you are in church, a store, or watching the news and you find yourself thinking "Wow, now that guy is nuts!" or "I'm glad I'm not like that!", remember that you just judged them, and think of the reason why you did. Is it because you think you're better than they are?

I have recently learned that there are two things that God says will keep us following Him and will please Him. I don't have my bible with me or I'd give you scriptures to back this up. I do know that it's all through the bible though, about how God hates pride and want the following:

1) Fear the Lord
and
2) Be humble

Through those two things, you can demolish the pride that makes you judge others.
God bless you!
 
Member
Judge Not that ye may not be judged.

The last statement, in particular, is used frequently by both well-meaning Christians and non-Christians alike to defend their viewpoints. It's particularly fascinating to see non-Christians rushing to the Bible to quote from it. But has this quote been taken out of context?

This passage is from Matthew 7:1, but the entire passage states: Matt 7:1-5 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Jesus condemned the hypocritical judgement by those who held others to a higher standard of judgement than they themselves were willing to live by. He was not saying that we should not judge, but that taking a speck out of a brother's eye is proper provided that you first take the plank out of your own eye. We are also told not to judge other peoples' motives.

In 1 Samuel 16:7 God told Samuel: "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Thessalonians 5:21 states: "Test everything. Hold on to the good." Jesus said "Stop judging by mere appearances, but make a right judgment." (John 7:24) Paul said in 1 Corinthians 10:15," "I speak to sensible people; judge for yourself what I say." We are told throughout the Scriptures to be wary of false doctrine, false teachers, false prophets who would come right into the Church. Jesus said false prophets would come as wolves in sheep's clothing (Matt. 7:15).

Paul told the elders at Ephesus that savage wolves would enter in, not sparing the flock (Acts 20:29). "And from among your own selves," he added, "men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them" (v. 30.) He wrote "The Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Timothy 4:1). We are also supposed to judge one another with regard to overt acts of sin. Paul wrote, "Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves" (1 Cor. 5:12-13).

Some other passages which emphasize the necessity of judging: Proverbs 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent [man] looketh well to his going. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own body; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the innocent. 2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the others judge. And speaking about the Bereans, Luke said in Acts 17:11, "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." They were not even ready to take Paul's word for anything, but checked everything with the Scriptures, using them as the final judge of what was of God and what wasn't.

Without using judgement we would never be able to determine what was true and what wasn't. "What, can't we trust our feelings? If it feels like it's from God, then it must be, right?" Not according to Jeremiah 17:9. "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Even as Christians we can be deceived by our feelings. That is why we hold that Scripture is the final authority on all matters.
How Are Christians Suppose To Judge?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." "Jesus is here speaking of the final judgement... The admonition not to judge is often taken incorrectly to imply that believers are not to make moral judgements about anything. That this is not intended is clear from verses 15-20, which warn of false prophets who can be known by the fruit that they bear. Jesus does not ask us to lay aside our critical faculties but rather resist the urge to speak harshly of others." (Robert H. Mounce, Matthew, pg.64)

"Judge not refers to an unfavorable and condemnatory judgement. This does not mean that a Christian should never render judgement of any kind under any circumstances... The point being made here is that we are not to judge the inner motives of another. We are not to render a verdict based upon prejudiced information... That ye be not judged seems to refer to the ultimate judgement of God rather than our own judgement. (Edward E. Hindson - Liberty Bible Commentary, pg.1901)

"Some cautions about reproving. Because we must not judge others, which is a great sin, it does not therefore follow that we must not reprove others, which is a great duty, and may be a means of saving a soul from death..." (Matthew Henry, Commentary on the Bible. pg.1643)

The Bible also declares that there is righteous judgement "Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment." John 7:24 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: 1 Cor 2:14,15.

"But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you." 1 Cor 5:11-13.

"As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer." 1 Tim. 1:3.

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. -Matthew 10:16 The need for righteous judgement and spiritual discernment in the church today is evident For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. Acts 20:27

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.-Acts 20:28 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. -Acts 20:29

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. -Eph 4:14 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Tim 4:1-2.

If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. -1 Tim 4:6 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Tim 2:24-26 Preach the Word; be prepared in season a nd out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. -2 Tim 4:2 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.-2 Tim 4:3 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. -2 Tim 4:4 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. -Titus 1:9.

Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. -Jude 1:3 Eph 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Eph 5:12 For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. As for judging, here's an excerpt from an article I've done on that matter.


I posted this from a website.... sometimes people write it much better then I could ever say...

I think everybody should get their dictionary out..

definitions fo Judge..

1) to from a judgement or opinion
2)to infer.,think or hold as opinon
3) to make a carefull guess about
4) to form an estimate

everybody seems to know only the bad definitions.... isnt that something

I personnal think most people toss that verse around it to try to take power out of christians that they are not to point right from wrong.. or tell a christian who is error by bible standards that the hand of God will come against them or something like that if you judge me

How terrible for christians to fall for such a trap.. for that is all it is.. But mind you.. Hyprocritial judgement is strictly forbiden....

Mind you its not our place to judge the secular world.. after all they are not christians.., We have no right to shake are fingers at them.
.
1 Peter 4:15 - But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a BUSYBODY in other men's matters.

when witnessing thats another thing we do have to point out scripture... But as far a christians are concerned.. by the very difinition of the word.. Yes we must Judge... are we not accountable one to another

1 Peter 5:5 - Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

How are we not to tell are brother who is error.? do we not make a judement about the matter first.. we first must know word of God and second make a judgement on it.. but must as the bible says with all love and make sure its not the same we are currently guilty of.

and do we not make judgement.. concerning all those flase teacheres out there.. like binny hinn... Like one christian told how dare you judge him he is a man a God.. I said really... lets see what the bible says.. I will allways point out when a christian or somebody searching about God when they ask about some TV when they are in such gross error.. could I do no less..?

in love

Kevin

ps... I will be the first to admit I have and still make bad judgements. but the grace of God I try to correct myself and watch myself all the more
 
Last edited:

Similar threads


Top