• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Does God put anyone on trials?

How do you know you're on such trial, and how does that manifest? And for not last how do you know it's God?

Active
Have you had any experiences on this matter?
Hi Krythy, If you check out 1 Corinthians 10: 13, 'No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted, beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.'
I know you were speaking about trials, but temptations can be seen as trials. The enemy is allowed to tempt us and that is a trial and as we stand against them we become stronger and slowly gain authority over our enemies. I pray this will be of some help. :)

Jeremiah 20:12
Yet, O Lord of hosts, You who test the righteous,
Who see the mind and the heart...

Corinthians 3:13
each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work

Gods testing allows for us to grow and be purified or it reveals our current heart condition.

Knowing if you are being tested or experiencing a trial comes through an intimate relationship and sometimes hindsight.

Both Christian and non Christian will have trials in life. I was going through a heavy trial once and my friend told me to read something and it touched my heart and made me cry.
After reading it, it changed my perspective. I am now flattered when I go through trials.

"There is an eloquence far more powerful than the eloquence of words in the quiet, consistent life of a pure, true Christian. What a man is has more influence than what he says.
The officers who were sent to Jesus came back with the report that never man spoke as He spoke. But the reason for this was that never man lived as He lived. Had His life been other than it was, He could not have spoken as He did. His words bore with them a convincing power, because they came from a heart pure and holy, full of love and sympathy, benevolence and truth.

It is our own character and experience that determine our influence upon others. In order to convince others of the power of Christ's grace, we must know its power in our own hearts and lives. The gospel we present for the saving of souls must be the gospel by which our own souls are saved. Only through a living faith in Christ as a personal Saviour is it possible to make our influence felt in a skeptical world. If we would draw sinners out of the swift-running current, our own feet must be firmly set upon the Rock, Christ Jesus.

The badge of Christianity is not an outward sign, not the wearing of a cross or a crown, but it is that which reveals the union of man with God. By the power of His grace manifested in the transformation of character the world is to be convinced that God has sent His Son as its Redeemer. No other influence that can surround the human soul has such power as the influence of an unselfish life. The strongest argument in favor of the gospel is a loving and lovable Christian.

To live such a life, to exert such an influence, costs at every step effort, self-sacrifice, discipline. It is because they do not understand this that many are so easily discouraged in the Christian life. Many who sincerely consecrate their lives to God's service are surprised and disappointed to find themselves, as never before, confronted by obstacles and beset by trials and perplexities. They pray for Christlikeness of character, for a fitness for the Lord's work, and they are placed in circumstances that seem to call forth all the evil of their nature. Faults are revealed of which they did not even suspect the existence. Like Israel of old they question, “If God is leading us, why do all these things come upon us?

It is because God is leading them that these things come upon them. Trials and obstacles are the Lord's chosen methods of discipline and His appointed conditions of success. He who reads the hearts of men knows their characters better than they themselves know them. He sees that some have powers and susceptibilities which, rightly directed, might be used in the advancement of His work. In His providence He brings these persons into different positions and varied circumstances that they may discover in their character the defects which have been concealed from their own knowledge. He gives them opportunity to correct these defects and to fit themselves for His service. Often He permits the fires of affliction to assail them that they may be purified.

The fact that we are called upon to endure trial shows that the Lord Jesus sees in us something precious which He desires to develop. If He saw in us nothing whereby He might glorify His name, He would not spend time in refining us. He does not cast worthless stones into His furnace. It is valuable ore that He refines. The blacksmith puts the iron and steel into the fire that he may know what manner of metal they are. The Lord allows His chosen ones to be placed in the furnace of affliction to prove what temper they are of and whether they can be fashioned for His work.

The potter takes the clay and molds it according to his will. He kneads it and works it. He tears it apart and presses it together. He wets it and then dries it. He lets it lie for a while without touching it. When it is perfectly pliable, he continues the work of making of it a vessel. He forms it into shape and on the wheel trims and polishes it. He dries it in the sun and bakes it in the oven. Thus it becomes a vessel fit for use. So the great Master Worker desires to mold and fashion us. And as the clay is in the hands of the potter, so are we to be in His hands. We are not to try to do the work of the potter. Our part is to yield ourselves to be molded by the Master Worker.

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” 1 Peter 4:12, 13.

In the full light of day, and in hearing of the music of other voices, the caged bird will not sing the song that his master seeks to teach him. He learns a snatch of this, a trill of that, but never a separate and entire melody. But the master covers the cage, and places it where the bird will listen to the one song he is to sing. In the dark, he tries and tries again to sing that song until it is learned, and he breaks forth in perfect melody. Then the bird is brought forth, and ever after he can sing that song in the light. Thus God deals with His children. He has a song to teach us, and when we have learned it amid the shadows of affliction we can sing it ever afterward"

Active
Both Christian and non Christian will have trials in life. I was going through a heavy trial once and my friend told me to read something and it touched my heart and made me cry.
After reading it, it changed my perspective. I am now flattered when I go through trials.

"There is an eloquence far more powerful than the eloquence of words in the quiet, consistent life of a pure, true Christian. What a man is has more influence than what he says.
The officers who were sent to Jesus came back with the report that never man spoke as He spoke. But the reason for this was that never man lived as He lived. Had His life been other than it was, He could not have spoken as He did. His words bore with them a convincing power, because they came from a heart pure and holy, full of love and sympathy, benevolence and truth.

It is our own character and experience that determine our influence upon others. In order to convince others of the power of Christ's grace, we must know its power in our own hearts and lives. The gospel we present for the saving of souls must be the gospel by which our own souls are saved. Only through a living faith in Christ as a personal Saviour is it possible to make our influence felt in a skeptical world. If we would draw sinners out of the swift-running current, our own feet must be firmly set upon the Rock, Christ Jesus.

The badge of Christianity is not an outward sign, not the wearing of a cross or a crown, but it is that which reveals the union of man with God. By the power of His grace manifested in the transformation of character the world is to be convinced that God has sent His Son as its Redeemer. No other influence that can surround the human soul has such power as the influence of an unselfish life. The strongest argument in favor of the gospel is a loving and lovable Christian.

To live such a life, to exert such an influence, costs at every step effort, self-sacrifice, discipline. It is because they do not understand this that many are so easily discouraged in the Christian life. Many who sincerely consecrate their lives to God's service are surprised and disappointed to find themselves, as never before, confronted by obstacles and beset by trials and perplexities. They pray for Christlikeness of character, for a fitness for the Lord's work, and they are placed in circumstances that seem to call forth all the evil of their nature. Faults are revealed of which they did not even suspect the existence. Like Israel of old they question, “If God is leading us, why do all these things come upon us?

It is because God is leading them that these things come upon them. Trials and obstacles are the Lord's chosen methods of discipline and His appointed conditions of success. He who reads the hearts of men knows their characters better than they themselves know them. He sees that some have powers and susceptibilities which, rightly directed, might be used in the advancement of His work. In His providence He brings these persons into different positions and varied circumstances that they may discover in their character the defects which have been concealed from their own knowledge. He gives them opportunity to correct these defects and to fit themselves for His service. Often He permits the fires of affliction to assail them that they may be purified.

The fact that we are called upon to endure trial shows that the Lord Jesus sees in us something precious which He desires to develop. If He saw in us nothing whereby He might glorify His name, He would not spend time in refining us. He does not cast worthless stones into His furnace. It is valuable ore that He refines. The blacksmith puts the iron and steel into the fire that he may know what manner of metal they are. The Lord allows His chosen ones to be placed in the furnace of affliction to prove what temper they are of and whether they can be fashioned for His work.

The potter takes the clay and molds it according to his will. He kneads it and works it. He tears it apart and presses it together. He wets it and then dries it. He lets it lie for a while without touching it. When it is perfectly pliable, he continues the work of making of it a vessel. He forms it into shape and on the wheel trims and polishes it. He dries it in the sun and bakes it in the oven. Thus it becomes a vessel fit for use. So the great Master Worker desires to mold and fashion us. And as the clay is in the hands of the potter, so are we to be in His hands. We are not to try to do the work of the potter. Our part is to yield ourselves to be molded by the Master Worker.

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” 1 Peter 4:12, 13.

In the full light of day, and in hearing of the music of other voices, the caged bird will not sing the song that his master seeks to teach him. He learns a snatch of this, a trill of that, but never a separate and entire melody. But the master covers the cage, and places it where the bird will listen to the one song he is to sing. In the dark, he tries and tries again to sing that song until it is learned, and he breaks forth in perfect melody. Then the bird is brought forth, and ever after he can sing that song in the light. Thus God deals with His children. He has a song to teach us, and when we have learned it amid the shadows of affliction we can sing it ever afterward"
so wonderfull !!!
your post has cleared my mind to see think clearer in Gods word as emotions gets in the way . and im Loving being the clay and my Great God is my potter these difficult times im in are all for my good and Glory to God forever be blessed x thankyou x

Loyal
so wonderfull !!!
your post has cleared my mind to see think clearer in Gods word as emotions gets in the way . and im Loving being the clay and my Great God is my potter these difficult times im in are all for my good and Glory to God forever be blessed x thankyou x

Even if we cannot see the reasons for various issues in our lives at the time...

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Active
Even if we cannot see the reasons for various issues in our lives at the time...

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
having a really difficult day x
God is always Good x

so wonderfull !!!

I'm so happy to hear this! Yay! Praise God! :) Remember, Faith and Feelings are 2 different things. We must operate on principle and The Word of God not our feelings. Our feelings can change, but The Word of God does not. Sure God can impress us with feelings. And love is more than 'just principle'. We're not robots without feelings. So the feelings I'm talking about is....one may feel like doing a sin, executing one of their weaknesses, but we shouldn't do it because we feel like it. Our choices must not come from feelings alone, but by The Word of God. I will not do this sin because God doesn't want me to, regardless of me wanting to. This is "crucifying the flesh" and "dying to self." . "Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you." Only with the help of God can we overcome our sins.

Thank you, Jesus.

Active
Does God put anyone on trials?

OF course. He constantly TESTS everybody. the obvious ereason is that something that's not TESTED - isn't real.

You've got Peter swearing that he's DIE for Jesus, but when he's challenged on that he folds like wet cardboard, and later. The result is that when Jesus asks if Peter "Loves" him, Peter's only answer is: "I'm fond of you Lord". Peter had learned the truth about the reality of his "Love" for Jesus after he failed the test.

Loyal
Does God put anyone on trials? That word "trials" [trial] in the context and english syntax you place it in means. Take someone to court. [ does God takes someone to trial [court] to judge them.
Now if you mean "does God test people or place them in a testing position" I would say of course He does. There are plenty of times God said, he was testing a group or a person in scripture. and the word "trials and tribulation" meaning "testing and tribulations" I think that might help a little.

Loyal
Does God put anyone on trials? That word "trials" [trial] in the context and english syntax you place it in means. Take someone to court. [ does God takes someone to trial [court] to judge them.
Now if you mean "does God test people or place them in a testing position" I would say of course He does. There are plenty of times God said, he was testing a group or a person in scripture. and the word "trials and tribulation" meaning "testing and tribulations" I think that might help a little.

So are you saying God never judges anyone? There won't be a great white throne judgment?

Loyal
So are you saying God never judges anyone? There won't be a great white throne judgment?
No sir, i was asking what was the person trying to say. So we could understand their question. The word "trial" has 2 different meaning it depends on the content and context where the word "trial" is place in the sentence and if a "s" is on the end. My reply was only for clarification of the question. and I presented only examples for clarification. that all.

Active
How do you know you're on such trial, and how does that manifest? And for not last how do you know it's God?

Absolutely - EVERYBODY is "Tried". That's the way you develop maturity. NOTHING can come at you, except it FIRST is allowed/controlled by God (See Job).

Loyal
American Standard Version
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Contemporary English Version
The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert, so that the devil could test him.

In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various https://biblehub.com/nasb_/1_peter/1.htm#fntrials, 7so that the [c]proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;