• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Does God Hear Prayer?

Does God Hear Prayer?

We pray, and sometimes it feels like God is right there, answering our questions just on
the other side of the question mark. But other times it feels like the heavens are made
of brass and our prayers just keep bouncing off of them. Despite all of this, God desires
for us to bring our concerns and our praises to Him in prayer. As Christians we are
commanded to pray continually, and to give thanks in all circumstances.

Introduction to Biblical Truths:
Read all of James 5:13-16: 13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone
happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 16The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all
circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1.) How can I know that God is listening and cares about what I’m praying about?
2.) Why doesn’t He answer all of my prayers the way I want?
3.) Is anything too big or too small to pray about?

We’ve Got Questions/ God’s Got Answers:
1.) God “hears” all prayer. Psalm 139:4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it
completely, O LORD. Psalm 65:2 O you who hear prayer, to you all men will
come.
God cares about you and what you are praying about. 1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in
due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

2.) God does not answer every prayer the way we desire. Even Jesus prayed
“not my will, but yours be done.” Jesus knew that His prayers were being
heard, but He submitted His will to His Father’s. Read Luke 22:39-42 v.42
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

3.) Nothing is too big or too small for us to pray about. We are encouraged to
pray about everything that bothers us or concerns us. Philippians 4:6-7 Do
not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends
all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. The Holy
Spirit intercedes for us and helps us to pray. Romans 8:26-27 In the same
way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he
who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes
for the saints in accordance with God's will. Luke 11:1-13 The Lord’s Prayer.

As Christians we are expected to pray for each other, and for anything about which we
are anxious. God hears all prayer. Through his Holy Spirit, and the instruction and
example of Jesus Christ, God the Father helps us to know how and when to pray.

The words gives us two truths on this ..
one is you have not because you ask not !
two is try me that I may prove my self God .!

That tells me He is not only hearing our prayers but is waiting for the chance to answer us ..ergo the issue .
somtimes His answer is silence or even no .!
Gods ways are higher than ours and He knows what's best ..we just have to in faith know that no prayer goes unheard...Rev

Last edited:
This is a great topic DB! I am absolutely, completely, and positively convinced that our Loving Father hears our every cry. If there is a hearing problem it is oft his child either not listening, or not waiting on His timing.