• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Doers of the Word of God?

Loyal
Doers of the Word of God?

Jas 1:22 But BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Being a doer of the Word of God is something we do as an action. Sometimes being a doer of the Word is something we do NOT do as a nonaction! When God created the earth, he planted a garden, and he placed man (Adam) into this garden to tend, and keep it. The word, “keep” means, “to guard, and to protect.

Gen 2:15 And the Lord God took the man and PUT HIM IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN TO TEND AND GUARD AND KEEP IT. (AMP)

It would have not been sensible to tell someone to protect something if there was nothing to protect it from. Later the Lord God told Adam to NOT eat from the tree that was in the mist of the Garden. Adam was told to DO something (protecting the garden), and Adam was told NOT do something. (eating from the tree in the mist of the garden)

Adam failed in being a doer of Gods word by NOT DOING in protecting the garden, and IN DOING what God told him NOT TO DO in eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Man sins in disobedience by doing what the Lord tells man not to do, and not doing what God tells man to do.

James 4:17 THEREFORE TO HIM THAT KNOWETH TO DO GOOD, AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN.

A nonaction is an action! When the Bible said...

Eph 4:29 LET NO CORRUPT COMMUNICATION PROCEED OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Tit 3:2 To SPEAK EVIL OF NO MAN, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

When we speak evil of others, then we are not doing what God tells us to do!! What we are supposed to do is NOT speak evil of others. When we do NOT let “corrupt” communications to proceed out of our mouths then we are doing what God says not to do, thus being a “doer of Gods Word”

Being a doer of Gods word is in doing (action), and in not doing (non-action) which is actually an action. Man is at all times being a doer of God's word by his actions and nonactions.

Staff Member
Greetings,

could it be that a 'true' Christian is more concerned with the doing (as in is preoccupied with doing so) than being a knower (one who knows 'all about' being a Christian) ?

The young lad asked his dad, "daddy, have you ever been skiing?"
"No, son. I'd like to one day."
"Do you know how to ski, daddy?"
"No son"
"I do!" The four year old then gives a demonstration by shuffling his little feet across the floor.

Dad thinks about it and knows that it is one thing to know how to but it would take a lot of practice to actually put into practice what one might know.

We can all be Christians in our minds but are we Christian is our life?

There is a knowing about and a knowing...

I am The Good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine. As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep. John 10:14-15

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

could it be that a 'true' Christian is more concerned with the doing (as in is preoccupied with doing so) than being a knower (one who knows 'all about' being a Christian) ?

The young lad asked his dad, "daddy, have you ever been skiing?"
"No, son. I'd like to one day."
"Do you know how to ski, daddy?"
"No son"
"I do!" The four year old then gives a demonstration by shuffling his little feet across the floor.

Dad thinks about it and knows that it is one thing to know how to but it would take a lot of practice to actually put into practice what one might know.

We can all be Christians in our minds but are we Christian is our life?

There is a knowing about and a knowing...

I am The Good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine. As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep. John 10:14-15

Bless you ....><>
Brother, everything done without faith is a sin. (Romans 14:23) When a believer does things through actions who is the one moving them to do those actions? Is it by faith or by their own idea to do them? Many people move and do things thinking God is leading them when all they are doing is what they want to do even if it looks holy and pure to others.

Faith without "works" is dead. What does that mean? It means the same thing as a building contractor who builds things for a living but was not given anything to build. Faith alone is dead as faith needs a work to perform. Who is the one who gives our faith a work to do? We are, by the words of our mouth.

This is why Jesus said the "faith" is the "servant" of the believer! (Luke 17:6-8)

Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

Not only can faith move mountains it can also move people who have faith!

It is possible for a man to have works without faith, but it is impossible for a man to have faith without works!

Last edited:
Staff Member
Brother, everything done without faith is a sin. (Romans 14:23) When a believer does things through actions who is the one moving them to do those actions? Is it by faith or by their own idea to do them? Many people move and do things thinking God is leading them when all they are doing is what they want to do even if it looks holy and pure to others.
yea, tis true. In fact, i am quite sure I have been there, done that.
Good to hear it again ....><>

Staff Member
We are, by the words of our mouth.

This is why Jesus said the "faith" is the "servant" of the believer! (Luke 17:6-8)

Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Greetings,

not sure I agree with this. That's OK though. It might be the way you worded it? Give me time to chew it over, so to speak.
Thank you for touching base with me on this , though.

Bless you ....><>