• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do you watch television?

Do you watch television?

• No I don't have a television

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Yes for news updates

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes for documentaries

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Yes for soap opera's, films etc

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes for the children's channel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, its on all the time

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Staff Member
Greetings brothers and sisters

Do you own a television?
What do you watch?
How often do you watch?

What are your views on the television and its media?

No intention of being judgmental ....just interested in peoples replies from a Christian point of view.

Last edited:
Hello dear sister Fragrant Grace,

No i do not own a TV nor do i want to watch TV anymore since i became a Christian because it is all filth, there may be a reasonable documentary out there every once in a while (extremely rare and limited) but i can look that up through the internet and select few myself an article for research and if it happens to be a selection of a part of a TV documentary i do watch it by the computer through the internet but very limited, and that is without all the commercials.

In my opinion a TV does not belong in any Christian house! As the TV is actually a little devil and a portal to demons, the demonic and especially to the world, i also believe there is mind control because:

Television = TELL A VISION

and

Program = Programming

Christians Beware! We need to be very vigilant and very careful! Just throw out the TV! Especially if you find yourself watching it often better NOW to throw that devils toy into the dumpster where it belongs.
It is EVIL!

Take Heed and watch yourself as the flesh is weak,
dutch

Last edited:
Staff Member
Television = TELL A VISION

and

Program = Programming

Take Heed and watch yourself as the flesh is weak,
dutch
@DutchChristian
I had never thought of the words Televison and Program like that before!

We don't own a television, but have done in the past and I'm aware how addictive it can be especially for the minds of our dear children who are so easily manipulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Yes, I do own a television. We use it some for news, some for entertainment, and some learning (discovery channel, etc). But I dont spend a lot of time with it, and neither does my wife. I didnt vote, because the options didnt cover our use of it.

We watch NRB the christian channel. This is so informative and Bible study with Kay Authur, and all the conserative pastors on tv. What a blessing for home bound persons.

Staff Member
We watch NRB the christian channel. This is so informative and Bible study with Kay Authur, and all the conserative pastors on tv. What a blessing for home bound persons.
@farout
I don't think we have anything like that here (that I'm aware of).....I know some people who are home bound who would really be blessed by this type of Christian channel if it were available.
@Brad Huber
Sorry if there weren't enough choices on the poll for you Brad

we dont have cable becsue i dont want the junk pumped into my house but we do watch local programing ,,TBN.and religion teachings ..my self i like the older shows on it as well- Daniel Boone ,i love lucy-Dragnet and other old shows that have some sort of value system ..i do try to monitor what comes in because it will determine what comes out ...Phil 4:8 whatsoever things are of good report ,if there be any honor virtue or praise ,think on these things......Rev

time to sharpen the iron brother!

in addition to the picture given earlier about tell-a-vision and programming - what does one watch?

an image
have you ever seen the position and near sacredness of the image that is set up with care and importance?
usually in a very dominant place in the house with chairs arranged in the best position to be facing it even if it has no power running through it (meaning it is switched off)
and the horror or someone getting between the image and the viewer -worshiper - an almost indignant anger
and back to the pews that are positioned so carefully as to give the best attention to the image, like an average church gathering, how the head of the house usually has the prime chair

how many people young and old have been reprimanded for talking while the image is on air
how many children scolded and told abruptly to move or shut-up - I can't hear the - what was it called?

nothing can be placed in front of it
and for some nothing on top

the expense that people will outlay for an improved big-screen image, more life like perhaps with stereo surround sound

oh brothers what are you doing?

it is your choice but what are you choosing?
I have to ask - how did the first Christians and the 1950 years of Christians that followed cope without it?

the image appears to have enough power and hold over men that they can even think they are in control and can decide what to watch and when

it is such a comfort that who needs the Comfort that the Lord provides and who would doubt the sincerity of those who only ever turn to the image for godly messages

believe it or not
you can survive without it!

a note for those who thought ought of the late David Wilkerson -I read his book, the Cross and the Switchblade some years ago and it really got my attention when he described the fight he had about turning off the TV-
he then - if you recall- found himself needing to do something else with his time - with no image to look to
he turned and saw a copy of a magazine and on the cover the story of some lads in trouble in the city
the rest is history
I would suggest that he would never have been heard of by the world and the mention of his name would mean nothing and nearly everyone would not know if he was dead or alive if he had not turned off and disposed of the image that once he gazed upon and looked to for information and pleasure

iron sharpens iron - let the image rust!

Isaiah 33:
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
17 Thine eyes shall see the King in His beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Looking at TV IS also seeing the EVIL, and we as a Holy people ought to and must shut our eye from it: TV belongs to the world and the devil and the flesh the three enemies of the Christians!

with Kay Authur,

Be very careful now!

i discern that something is wrong with what she is doing and it seems to me that Kay Arthur appears to be a false teacher slowly bringing in the occult covertly mixed with Christianity!

Something to do with witchcraft.

Ecumenical compromising ties with the neo-evangelical and new age!

Besides this, a woman should not teach in the church like she does, in my opinion. And the position of pastor is not meant to be for a woman.

Be careful and do not listen to her!

1 John 2:
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

God Bless you,
dutch

Last edited:
You're right I've done with out it before ,didnt miss it and to my shame was quite a bit more productive for it...it's not a have to with me but a get to ...

Staff Member
Be very careful now!

i discern that something is wrong with what she is doing and it seems to me that Kay Arthur appears to be a false teacher slowly bringing in the occult covertly mixed with Christianity!

Besides this, a woman should not teach in the church like she does, in my opinion. And the position of pastor is not meant to be for a woman.

1 John 2:
27 But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

God Bless you,
dutch
@DutchChristian @farout

Yes I agree.....if there are false prophets and teachers on these channels they must be avoided.
I have never heard of Kay Arthur so I am glad you mentioned her brother dutch

At the same time I agree that a Christian channel that is sound in its teaching may be great blessing to those who are housebound as brother farout mentioned
May the Lord give us the wisdom of discernment

Last edited:
I watch TV. There a few shows I like or that hubby likes to watch. I have done w/o TV before and got used to watching very little. I do like a few shows on TV, but I prefer to listen to the radio/music. I don't think TV is evil or anything. What you watch on TV determines if it is a positive or negative in ones life. Just my opinion. :cute:

Be very careful now!

1 John 2:

God Bless you,
dutch

DutchChristiam: You stated "I discern that something is wrong with what she is doing and it seems to me that Kay Arthur appears to be a false teacher slowly bringing in the occult covertly mixed with Christianity !" Scripture demands we speak the truth, and so do the Laws of our Land or it is slander. Prove what you have stated.

Ephesians 4: 29, 30, 31. 29. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, o that it will give grace to those who hear." 30. "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." 31. "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." NASB

We have been supporters of Precepts for Life for a length of time. The statements you have made demand proof of truthfulness. Prove Kay Arthur and or Precepts for Life ministries is as you state. What program or Bible Study or date or time has any of your statements taken place ? Witchcraft is a very serious indictment. Prove your accusations.

farout

Last edited:
Allow me to add here that we are careful of what accusations we make ...touch not my anointed nor do my prophets no harm ...! we are all here for one reason and that is to glorify God not knock each other down ...if you truly believe that a Ministry is in the wrong than pray for the minister that God would reveal error to them ..but don't try to deface the tools of God .its a dangerous place to be ...in Jesus name ...Rev

Last edited:
ecumenical compromise

DutchChristiam: You stated "I discern that something is wrong with what she is doing and it seems to me that Kay Arthur appears to be a false teacher slowly bringing in the occult covertly mixed with Christianity !" Scripture demands we speak the truth, and so do the Laws of our Land or it is slander. Prove what you have stated.

Ephesians 4: 29, 30, 31. 29. "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, o that it will give grace to those who hear." 30. "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." 31. "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." NASB

We have been supporters of Precepts for Life for a length of time. The statements you have made demand proof of truthfulness. Prove Kay Arthur and or Precepts for Life ministries is as you state. What program or Bible Study or date or time has any of your statements taken place ? Witchcraft is a very serious indictment. Prove your accusations.

farout

BEWARE!

In November 2009, Arthur signed an ecumenical statement known as the Manhattan declaration calling on evangelicals, Catholics and Orthodox not to comply with rules and laws permitting abortion, same-sex marriage and other matters that go against their religious consciences. (From: Wikipedia)

What is this manhattan declaration in a nutshell? :

We are seeking to build a movement – hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions,
of Catholic, Evangelical, and Eastern Orthodox Christians who will stand together.

– Manhattan Declaration

There is no such thing as "stand together" with darkness! as this movement is a LIE covertly and deceptively bringing in OUTRIGHT ECUMENICAL COMPROMISE into Christianity under a banner of "supposedly doing good" : HOW EVIL AND WICKED!

Catholism = darkness! and what has darkness to do with Light?

Investigate Kay Arthur and google her name thoroughly as she is a wicked ecumenical disease spreading and compromising (and therefore: lethal) -woman.

Do not listen to her! And no longer support her in any way!

Stop your ears from hearing any ecumenical compromise!

Only Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth and The Life!

Ephesians 5:
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Last edited:
BEWARE!

In November 2009, Arthur signed an ecumenical statement known as the Manhattan declaration calling on evangelicals, Catholics and Orthodox not to comply with rules and laws permitting abortion, same-sex marriage and other matters that go against their religious consciences. (From: Wikipedia)

What is this manhattan declaration in a nutshell? :

We are seeking to build a movement – hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions,
of Catholic, Evangelical, and Eastern Orthodox Christians who will stand together.

– Manhattan Declaration

There is no such thing as "stand together" with darkness! as this movement is a LIE covertly and deceptively bringing in OUTRIGHT ECUMENICAL COMPROMISE into Christianity under a banner of "supposedly doing good" : HOW EVIL AND WICKED!

Catholism = darkness! and what has darkness to do with Light?

Investigate Kay Arthur and google her name thoroughly as she is a wicked ecumenical disease spreading and compromising (and therefore: lethal) -woman.

Do not listen to her! And no longer support her in any way!

Stop your ears from hearing any ecumenical compromise!

Only Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth and The Life!

Ephesians 5:
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

DuchChistian: Thank you for sending me the emails where you have several authors who take the stand that women should not talk to other women or give a Bibe Studies, especially if men or present. That seems to be the main boiling point. The cover of her book looks like a symbol that someone thinks represens the all seeing eye. A big issue is her giving a Bible study incouraging othere to read and understand the Bible. If we look closely w can find evil in just about everything that man is involved in.

In the wide scope of christianity there are different groups that some try to get along and see the proof of God blessing over time to make a judgement. There are some who just love anything that the name of God or the Lord is used, they are not grounded in the word and fall for false teachers. There are some that are ok with anything. Then there are some that look for fault so they can lable someone who genuinely is doing ministry and God is behind, that they see the ministry as wicked or unbiblical, and other names.

We have the same thing when it comes to versions of the Bible. Some are convienced the ONLY God honored, and perfect Bible is the KING JAMES. That's ok for them that they believe so. But I have seen attacks made at solid outstanding versions, like the New American Standard Bible. Lies have been told to assult the translators, they say Bibles should not cost money and should be free. They hate any other Bible but the KING JAMES BIBLE. So it is with some that go after any person that teaches Bible Studies by women. Or that these woman Bible study teachers have spoken in churches. These folk think that for a woman to speak in church are taking over the mens responsiility. Accusations are mad form their fundamentalist mind set, and they openly state what they think is wrong about anything that does not fit in their theology,

I have read all the material you have kindly sent me, and I appreciateit that. However Dutch, all the authors do not say what their qualifications are to make such harsh judgements. Niether do you present what you personally have seen or heard that would lead you to believe Kay Arthur was involved with witchcraf, new age, or what she taught that was false teaching.

I am a conserative Christian, I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church. I consider myself to be very conserative, and belive the Bible cober to cover. I am not a King James only believer, but I enjoy that Bible. I believe that women can have Bible studies, and if men wannt to go them they must be respectful in being a gest group. It makes no difference where they hold their meetings, be it church, or a convention center. I believe when Paul said a woman is to be quiet in church, that he was dealing with a probllem he addressed that existed in that culture and time period. Many women to day are CEO"S, hold positions like teachers in college's and graduate degree schools. There are women as doctors and in every position we can think of. I am fully aware we DO NOT SEE THINGS ABOUT WONEN THE SAME, This is where Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, have been attacked by the people you feel is correct in their understanding.

There is no agrement between our views. I see what Scriptue says about women much different than you,

I refuse to attack your opinion, as you see it as Biblical, and I am 100% in disagreement with you posiion. But there is a way to agree to disagree. I will not slander the people whom you choose to represent your belief about women and their ministry. May I suggest that you label your opinion as stating your opinion without using slander to make your point's. You can say from your understanding of the Bible Kay Arthur and beth Moore are speaking where they should not, or that to be involved with other denominations you believe is not Biblical. But do not slander these women with accusatons with things like witchcraft, newage, false teachers and so forth and so on. That is ugly and is unbecoming of a Christian and Scripture clearly speaks against it.

I sincerely hope ths is how these issues can be overcome with love rather than giving satan the glory.

farout

Dear Farout,

Just to let you know i am not KJV Only, neither do i in any way condemn for the older women to teach the younger women. (which is good: how to keep home and love their husbands etc)

But the position of pastor in the church is not for a woman (the husband of one wife)

Now the main point is, is that Kay Arthur has signed in full agreement to that ecumenical compromise treaty and she supports it -that should give you a MAJOR Red Alert! BIG Time Warning! Sign as to what she is doing (maybe she is doing that unawares but nevertheless is Promoting ecumenical compromise, and this in any way is pure evil!)

i have shared my warning with you and you should not defend Kay Arthur in any way! lest ye share of and end up in partaking of her ecumenical compromise together with her!

Ask The Lord for Discernment!

Stop reading the materials of Kay Arthur! Do not support her!

And besides that Catholism is not just another denomination (if any man think that) as mind you: It is completely FALSE!

But according to Kay Arthur Catholics are supposedly part of the body of Christ as she would refer to Catholics as "Christian brethren".

2 Corinthians:
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

What has Catholicism to do with the True Gospel of Jesus Christ?

If to think that there is any unity between those is saying hello to the devil and darkness and welcoming them into the sheep fold!

Further i would like to point you to the fact that Kay Arthur signed in agreement with this:

The Manhattan Declaration

is an ungodly manifesto, contemptuous of the blood and righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is an ecumenical treatise, complete with a Romish gospel and shot through and through with popish error. Those evangelicals who have authored this document and who have led the way in signing it show themselves to be in rebellion to God. It is, in their case, a brazen manifesto of treason against the Lord Jesus Christ. And they are not friends but rather are enemies of Christian liberty in that they disobey and provoke the Author of liberty with their spiritual fornication, even wresting His word and corrupting His blood-bought church. It is the biblical duty of all faithful Christian pastors to stand against the evangelical authors of the Manhattan Declaration and all evangelicals who sign it or promote it in any way. Such betrayers of Christ and His church must be separated from and called to account by all faithful Christian ministers and people. (Quote from: Ralph Ovadal)

Why would anyone want to defend someone who signed something alike of that?

dutch

Last edited:
Staff Member
Greetings @DutchChristian @farout

The original thread question was Do you watch television?

And whilst the points you are both raising originally were with regard to a television show,
This has now changed to a disagreement about Kay Arthur and her doctrines

Keep the thread to it's original purpose and if necessary communicate via pm or open a new thread to discuss the Manhattan Declaration etc

May the Lord bless you both

Shew me Thy ways....teach me Thy paths......Lead me in Thy truth
Psalm 25:4-5

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ
1 Corinthians 3:11