• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do You Love What Jesus Loves?

Staff Member
A third time he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep. John 21:17 NLT

As Jesus restored Peter, He gave him the specific commission to care for His followers who had come to depend on Him. The mark of Peter’s love and commitment to Jesus in the years to come would be his ability to love and care for Jesus’ followers.

This truth is an opportunity for self-examination and an invitation for you to evaluate your priorities. Each day there are different opportunities to “feed” or care for your own desires…or for the aspirations of others. You can feed your desire for comfort or security. Or you can feed the needs of others around you, seeking out those who are overlooked or forgotten and sharing God’s love and blessings with them.

Perhaps the first step is to remember that you are Jesus’ “sheep,” that He loves and cares for you. He will never leave you or forsake you. He wants you to have the fullness of God’s life in you. Now He asks that you respond by sharing His teachings, kindness, and mercy with others.

Prayer: Jesus, remind me that I am Your beloved sheep today so that I can love others like You do.