• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Do you love those Jesus loves?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
He said to him the third time, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep. John 21:17

Peter committed an act of self-preservation that left him ashamed and in deep despair. Facing the prospect of torture and death alongside Jesus, he denied even knowing Him. How could he ever recover? Well, Jesus restored him by offering him chances to affirm his love. Then He instructed him to care for His followers. If Peter truly loved his Lord, he had to shift from self-preservation to the preservation of others.

Are there people around you today that you need to notice and serve in some way? Whether or not you've failed in the past, Jesus is inviting you to daily reaffirm your love and commitment for Him.

There may be sacrifices or changes that you need to make today in order to serve others. Most importantly, you need to ask how to routinely look beyond your own well-being in order to care for the people Jesus loves. As often as you care for one of the least of these, you will have done the same to Jesus Himself.

Prayer: Lord, open my eyes to the ways I can use my time and talents to serve others.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sue J Love Sermons & Podcasts 2
M Christian Counseling 3
B-A-C Bible Discussions 2