• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Do you have the love of God in you?

Loyal
Read that question again.
I'm not asking do you love God. I'm not asking if God loves you.
I'm asking... do you have the love of God in you. Do you have the kind of love in you, that God has for people?

1Cor 13:1; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Cor 13:2; If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
1Cor 13:3; And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
1Cor 13:4; Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
1Cor 13:5; does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
1Cor 13:6; does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
1Cor 13:7; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Cor 13:8; Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

Do you have the love of God in you? I see a lot of "stuff" here on TalkJesus. I see the kind of messages some people post on here.
Well there's a lot of "blah - blah" here. There is a lot of stupid people here. How dare you disagree with me. Don't you know who I am?
Don't you know what credentials I have and how smart I am? I don't even think you're saved. The church you're going to might as well be a brothel.
Me love you? I don't want to have anything to do with you.

...*sigh*...
How do you treat people? Are you considerate and loving to them, even when they disagree with you?
Maybe what you're saying to them is even true. But if you're saying it without love, it's nothing.
Maybe you have great knowledge, maybe you have great faith, maybe you even have a prophecy from God... but if say it without love... it's nothing.
If you give to the poor and suffer for God, but don't show love... it's nothing.

Love isn't some squishy emotional feeling. Love isn't a romantic sexual encounter with someone.
Love is how you treat people.
Love is patient and kind. Are you? Love bears all things, endures all things, and never fails.. do you?

Oh but I'm not Jesus, I can't love like He loved. Where is there a verse in the Bible that says that?
He doesn't ask us to do anything we can't do. In fact we can do all things through Him...
Love is not only what you do, it's what you don't do.
Love isn't rude, love isn't jealous, love doesn't brag, love doesn't seek it's own way.

Love doesn't brag.. but you don't understand, I have two PHd's and a doctorate, and I've taught at colleges, and.. I've done this and that...

But you don't understand, they are jerks, they are wrong, they are rude, they are stupid.... I'm not going to waste my time on them, I'm so done with them.
.. do you have the love of God in you? I wonder if God ever told any of us.. I'm so done with you. I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore.
No matter what they do.. no matter what they say... do you have the love of God in you?

Oh but these people, they talk nonsense, they talk trash, they are ignorant, they are stupid.
They don't even know the Bible, I doubt if they even know Jesus... maybe not. But do you? and if you do, do you have the love of God in you?

Luke 6:45; "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Now maybe your mouth isn't audibly speaking the words here, but your fingers are actually typing the words here. .. and some of the words here... if they are what fills your heart, maybe you need to take a look at your heart.

Matt 15:18; "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

What you say can defile you. What you say about people doesn't only affect them, it affects you.

1Jn 4:20; If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Oh but I do love them... I love those stupid ignorant, peasants who haven't got a clue. Gee, how loving of you to say that. It does sound like someone doesn't have a clue.
Well, at least I love those who treat me good.. that's great but...

Luke 6:32; "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
Luke 6:27; "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 23:34; But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.
Even on the across Jesus loved people. But you don't understand, I'm having a bad day.. my car broke down, my dog ran way, my wife is sick....
maybe so, but are you being crucfied, whipped and beaten? Can you love people even then?

Last edited:
Loyal
John 5:42; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves.

Jesus knows some people don't have the love of God in them.

Rom 5:5; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

The love of God comes from the Holy Spirit. People say they have the Holy Spirit, but you can usually tell pretty quickly if they really do or not.

1Jn 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jn 2:5; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:

Are you keeping God's word? Are you obeying His commandments? If not, the Bible says you don't have the Love of God in you.
The Bible .. "by this" we know that we are in Him. In fine to say God dwells within you, but do you have the love of God in you?

Loyal
Not even close. I do have love, but far from the Love of God. Can anyone here say such a thing honestly?

Loyal
Not even close. I do have love, but far from the Love of God. Can anyone here say such a thing honestly?
I know some pretty loving and giving people.
Maybe they aren't perfect, but they certainly seem to have a supernatural love that is different from most people.
I can certainly tell they are Christians by their love.

Over 20 times in the New Testament we are told to "love one another".

John 13:34; "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
John 13:35; "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 15:12; "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.
John 15:17; "This I command you, that you love one another.

Rom 12:10; Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;
Rom 13:8; Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:13; For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Eph 4:2; with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
1Thes 3:12; and may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you;
1Thes 4:9; Now as to the love of the brethren, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another;
1Pet 1:22; Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,
1Pet 4:8; Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
1Jn 3:11; For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another;
1Jn 3:23; This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
1Jn 4:7; Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
1Jn 4:11; Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1Jn 4:12; No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
2Jn 1:5 ; Now I ask you, lady, not as though I were writing to you a new commandment, but the one which we have had from the beginning, that we love one another.

Jesus said people will know you are my followers by your love for one another. ( John 13:35; )
Sure lots of people "say" they are Christians... but how many show they are Christians by how they treat people?

1Jn 3:10; By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

1Jn 3:17; But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
1Jn 4:20; If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
1Jn 4:21; And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

If we are having less love for people, we should be concerned.

Matt 24:12; "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold.

Loyal
BAC, you are probably a very intelligent person and there are indeed people who are gifted with a great love, but do you honestly think their love rivals the Lords? It is sort of sacrilegious to me to hear people say they have God's love, perhaps a portion, a semblance of God's love, but Love equal to the Lord's?

Loyal
John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Loyal
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
1Jn 4:19; We love, because He first loved us.
1Jn 4:21; And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1Jn 3:10; By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

This isn't optional, this is something we HAVE to do.

It's true we can't do this on own power. But the fact that we can do this, is proof of the power.

2Tim 3:1; But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
2Tim 3:2; For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3; unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
2Tim 3:4; treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Tim 3:5; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

We can do this through the Holy Spirit, if He dwells within us.

Gal 5:22; But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Php 4:13; I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

We can even love people.

Rom 5:5; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Loyal
There was another who thought he was equal to God, his name was lucifer. Beware hubris. I say this in love. I know you both love the Lord, and dont question that, but this is the Holy Spirit's words to me to share on the subject.

Active
Read that question again.
I'm not asking do you love God. I'm not asking if God loves you.
I'm asking... do you have the love of God in you. Do you have the kind of love in you, that God has for people?

1Cor 13:1; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Cor 13:2; If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
1Cor 13:3; And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
1Cor 13:4; Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
1Cor 13:5; does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
1Cor 13:6; does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
1Cor 13:7; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Cor 13:8; Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

Do you have the love of God in you? I see a lot of "stuff" here on TalkJesus. I see the kind of messages some people post on here.
Well there's a lot of "blah - blah" here. There is a lot of stupid people here. How dare you disagree with me. Don't you know who I am?
Don't you know what credentials I have and how smart I am? I don't even think you're saved. The church you're going to might as well be a brothel.
Me love you? I don't want to have anything to do with you.

...*sigh*...
How do you treat people? Are you considerate and loving to them, even when they disagree with you?
Maybe what you're saying to them is even true. But if you're saying it without love, it's nothing.
Maybe you have great knowledge, maybe you have great faith, maybe you even have a prophecy from God... but if say it without love... it's nothing.
If you give to the poor and suffer for God, but don't show love... it's nothing.

Love isn't some squishy emotional feeling. Love isn't a romantic sexual encounter with someone.
Love is how you treat people.
Love is patient and kind. Are you? Love bears all things, endures all things, and never fails.. do you?

Oh but I'm not Jesus, I can't love like He loved. Where is there a verse in the Bible that says that?
He doesn't ask us to do anything we can't do. In fact we can do all things through Him...
Love is not only what you do, it's what you don't do.
Love isn't rude, love isn't jealous, love doesn't brag, love doesn't seek it's own way.

Love doesn't brag.. but you don't understand, I have two PHd's and a doctorate, and I've taught at colleges, and.. I've done this and that...

But you don't understand, they are jerks, they are wrong, they are rude, they are stupid.... I'm not going to waste my time on them, I'm so done with them.
.. do you have the love of God in you? I wonder if God ever told any of us.. I'm so done with you. I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore.
No matter what they do.. no matter what they say... do you have the love of God in you?

Oh but these people, they talk nonsense, they talk trash, they are ignorant, they are stupid.
They don't even know the Bible, I doubt if they even know Jesus... maybe not. But do you? and if you do, do you have the love of God in you?

Luke 6:45; "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Now maybe your mouth isn't audibly speaking the words here, but your fingers are actually typing the words here. .. and some of the words here... if they are what fills your heart, maybe you need to take a look at your heart.

Matt 15:18; "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

What you say can defile you. What you say about people doesn't only affect them, it affects you.

Oh but I do love them... I love those stupid ignorant, peasants who haven't got a clue. Gee, how loving of you to say that. It does sound like someone doesn't have a clue.
Well, at least I love those who treat me good.. that's great but...

Luke 6:32; "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
Luke 6:27; "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 23:34; But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.
Even on the across Jesus loved people. But you don't understand, I'm having a bad day.. my car broke down, my dog ran way, my wife is sick....
maybe so, but are you being crucfied, whipped and beaten? Can you love people even then?

Not me! That would be Agape or perfect love ; only God has that!

Loyal
Not me! That would be Agape or perfect love ; only God has that!

I'm sorry to hear that. But where does the Bible say only God has this?

Active

I'm sorry to hear that. But where does the Bible say only God has this?
There are plenty of verses but common sense tells you that God is perfect and if He is perfect, then His love must be perfect!!...like his love for us that prompted sending His son to die for the world's sin!

Loyal
There are a lot of things Jesus did, I haven't been able to do.
I haven't ever turned water into wine.
I haven't ever turned two loaves of bread into thousands of loaves.
I've never walked on water.
I've never raised anyone from the dead.

But He never asked me to do those things. Perhaps because He knew we couldn't.
He did tell us to love one another. Why would He tell us to do something we can't do?

Loving people doesn't make you God.

Active
There are a lot of things Jesus did, I haven't been able to do.
I haven't ever turned water into wine.
I haven't ever turned two loaves of bread into thousands of loaves.
I've never walked on water.
I've never raised anyone from the dead.

But He never asked me to do those things. Perhaps because He knew we couldn't.
He did tell us to love one another. Why would He tell us to do something we can't do?

Loving people doesn't make you God.
Me, trying to be God, lol! What is your point in All this?