Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Do you have a tatoo?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Fragrant Grace, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Do you have a tatoo/tatoo's

1. Yes since being saved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes prior to being saved

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes I am not a Christian

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. No

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Do you have a tatoo?
    Why?
    Recent?
    Old?
    Regrets?

Just about every second person one passes in the street seems to be tatooed
    Ladies just as much as gentlemen these days

Lately I am seeing more and more people with Bible verse tatoo's declaring their faith

For the record I do not have tatoo's and believe the Bible is clear on these issues

Just for interest and scriptural advice.....not heavy debate or dispute:grin:

2. they are sure getting popular around here also, not for me

Fragrant Grace likes this.
  3. I have one tattoo that I did myself. I want to paint over it though, I might do that one day.

Sent from a mobile device
  4. I dont have any, and would not want to have one. That being said, scripture that speaks against it is in the OT, and we are to not to live by the law, but by faith. There were very few things requested of non-jews to adhere to, and this was not one of them.

5. Have the so called jail house tattoos from back in the 70's.
    Girls name, cross, peace sign and some letters in which I have no clue to what I was thinking.

Regrets? OHHH YEAH!

Sent from a mobile device
  6. Lev 19:28; You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.

This verse is controversial, but I will be honest. It's not the "main" reason I don't have any.

Years ago... before I was really walking with the Lord, there was a young lady where I worked. She often wore back-less halter tops.
    Every guy in his 20's (including me) thought she was.... ummmm.... perfect. :)

I caught guys staring at her back more than a few times... in fact it's possible I might have been guilty of this. :)
    Now in case you were wondering what they were really looking at... she was usually sitting down with her back to a "glass-less" window.
    So it really was her back.

One cold winter day she comes in with a jacket on.... so the guys gather around waiting for her to take it off.
    I have seen this dozens of times, so it's nothing new. But this day... they all walk away grumbling, and shaking their heads.
    I can't imagine why.

So I go look myself.... sure enough she has this huge tattoo across her back, easily a foot wide.
    Like one of the guys that passed me earlier said... "she just ruined perfection". I had to agree.

I've never seen a tattoo in my life, that I ever thought made anyone look better. But I've seen quite a few that made them... ummmm...
    not quite as good as before.

Beside, I've always wondered about people who have "sex change" operations and "plastic surgery" and "nose jobs".
    I guess they think God didn't do a good enough job when he made them... so they can do "better than God".
    Most people I know that have tattoos, think it makes them "better" somehow.