• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Mathew 7: 12 - In everything then,

isn't this just the hardest thing

Active

I would say...."We love God, because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19) What a perfect example to follow!!

Active
God wants us to love him, so he loved us first, so we would love him back. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
curtis, that is quite dispectful of God ahh u mean God works for man....God DOESN'T manipulate, the devil does

Loyal
curtis, that is quite dispectful of God ahh u mean God works for man....God DOESN'T manipulate, the devil does
Blessings Brother,
1John4:19
We love him, because He first loved us.

I believe what brother curtis was saying or giving was simply an Example to what you posted...
You my friend said, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Brother Curtis used 1John 4:19 as an example by action of Love that God did and does. In fact what about Jesus, it was not the nails that held Him on the cross but yet His Love for us Even when we were still sinners. AND Jesus forgave them.

Would you not want to be forgiven? Well OK forgive others.

You said this was hard.....nah not really. Simply make up your mind to be obedient and Love and Forgive. The act it's self is Not what is hard, it's how strong you have allowed your Flesh become.

That's your fight or rather where you must suffer as Jesus suffered. Overcoming You. Not allowing You to have its way but rather walking God's way.
Blessings
Jim

Active

Definitely. There is no better acid test for Christianity.

I believe this verse gives perfect clarity to Mark 12:31 'love your neighbors as yourself'.

Many assume this means going 50/50 in good deeds. When in fact it is more 51-100 / 49-0 against us. IE Putting others before ourselves.

Loyal
This relates to the true pathway of humility which is the pathway that Jesus walked to the end...

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

That is what Jesus did. Remembering that he took on the form of a man with all of the temptations of a man. His flesh like our flesh did not want to suffer torture and death, but he knew His Father's will. He understood why he had to love you and me more than he loved the flesh of his own body of flesh.

Can we do the same? Not alone, but one reason for the sacrifice of Jesus was so that we could do the impossible:

"...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"... Christ in you, the hope of glory" Col 1:27

Active
Answer to "Isn't this just the hardest thing?"

"For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish." (Luke 14:28-30)

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)