• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Do Not Be Yoke Together With unbelievers, you have nothing in common, you may think you do, It is sad, but you don't.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
This discussion will be in debate form, that has been instigated by "The Title of this Thread". So in saying that, let no one but on the garments of "anger" or hostility, but if, by any chance that "anger or hostility" arise within you! "Be ye angry, and sin not: and let not the sun go down upon your anger' But "heat" is always necessary, for the "beautification' of "The Porcelain Cups" that are made. And if by "permission and guidance", I will turn the Heat up on this one!
The reason: because, many have become victims of this "array".

(2 Cor.6:14)BSB.
13As a fair exchange, I ask you as my children: Open wide your hearts also. 14Do not beunequally yoked with unbelievers. For whatpartnership can righteousness have withwickedness? Or what fellowship does light havewith darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?…

Deuteronomy 22:10
Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.

1 Corinthians 5:9
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people.

1 Corinthians 7:39
A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, as long as he belongs to the Lord.

Ephesians 5:7
Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Ephesians 5:11
Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

1 John 1:6
If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

Exodus 34:16
And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a ******* after their gods, and make thy sons go a ******* after their gods.

You have nothing, I say nothing in common with "Unregenerate Christians"! and it is impossible to have fellowship with them, no matter how many christians songs you sing together or how many prayers you pray together. For your life is "Hidden in Christ Jesus' and The fellowship Door is close and only The Members of Christ has entered that Door! And the only way to enter in "You must be born within its walls' "Nicodemus"!

No matter how hard we try, no matter how many words we give them, We cannot make them, "Children of Light" They are "The Children of Darkness" no matter what type of clothes we put on them or how many verses of "Scriptures" we have them to learn, They Love darkness rather than light, this is who they are now. "Our Hope and our prayers and earnest desires" is, That God the Father will "draw them unto the Son". We must walk in the light of the Word of God. We must not look like the "Good and nice People of THIS WORLD" we must come out from among them and walk as "The Children of GOD"! Our walk is different than the "love' and "Kindness" and "goodness" of The people of this place. Our "Love" and "kindness" and "goodness" is "strange" because we are a "Peculiar people". We walk like this, is "Not our Home", we talk like this is not our Home, and we have that "distance look about us, a far away glowish glow". And we do not ask them to be different, for we are different. We do not look like the Good people of this world, we are strange People. Our Goodness looks nothing like the worlds "Kindness"! We have a glow about us! that the world does not have! Just our appearance, that is why we must be full of the "Holy Spirit" a "picture that is sometimes in tune with "Stephens" glow. When one is full of the Holy Ghost you cannot but have a certain appearance.

Stop trying to act like the good people of this world and start acting like a "Peculiar People' the "Children of GOD"!

Active
Can you imagine a "ox and a donkey" pulling a marriage cart and all the baggages down a road for "Thirty years"! Until death do you part. Even though the "Lord" promise never to leave you alone. Still each one is pulling in a different direction and never in step with one another no matter how good it may seem. But looks are so deceiving. So who do we believe "People" who are unequally yoke together or "The Word of GOD"? Do you believe their testimony or "Jesus Christ the Son of the Living GOD"?

Loyal
There was a little boy. He loved to play outside, in the water, the dirt, all over. His parents didnt care about his cleanliness, their own work kept them occupied, and it just wasnt that important to them. When nieghbor kids saw him, they would call him "a dirty little boy". There was a girl from town who felt sorry for him, how the others made fun of him. Her parents made her clean regularly, and she really didnt like baths like most children didnt. So she had empathy with the boy. She made friends with him and they grew up together, eventually getting married. She invited many of the town to come to the wedding, but not many showed. She heard the whispers, "he was a dirty boy, now he's a dirty man". He worked on his parents farm who had left it for him. He still didnt clean up very well. But he did work hard on the farm. Eventually the woman grew tired of being shunned from other ladies, and asked her husband to clean up and go into town with her to show the others that he could be clean if he wanted to. He said no, but she kept up, and eventually the man told her, it never bothered you before, now because of the whispers, will you shun me also? It was true she knew, but she so wanted some female companionship that would come from the whisperers, so she kept at it. Then one day, tired of the complaining, he packed her things, set them on the porch and told her to leave and find someone who could live up to her ideals.

Who is at fault here for the relationship failing?

Active
What do mean by 'unregenerate Christians'? Surely a self-contradiction?
Yea, very poor choice using that word "Christians" [etymology]. Since even in the"Holy Scripture" it was used only 3 times. And many people of today has place many kinds of garments upon its shoulders.
Very bad choice of a word "Christian" Maybe "unregenerate dogs", vipers or devils, pigs, goats, sows, Jesus has a better description than I could ever have. Thank you for bring that to my attention. Etymology can be unkind sometimes when we have have to revert back to what "God has said".:p Hehehe

Active
What do mean by 'unregenerate Christians'? Surely a self-contradiction?
Sorry forgot about unregenerate you see Jesus said something about the "regenerate" that was going to follow Him. So if there is a "regenerate" there must be a unregenerate"
World English Bible
Jesus said to them, "Most certainly I tell you that you who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on the throne of his glory, you also will sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Loyal
There was a little boy. He loved to play outside, in the water, the dirt, all over. His parents didnt care about his cleanliness, their own work kept them occupied, and it just wasnt that important to them. When nieghbor kids saw him, they would call him "a dirty little boy". There was a girl from town who felt sorry for him, how the others made fun of him. Her parents made her clean regularly, and she really didnt like baths like most children didnt. So she had empathy with the boy. She made friends with him and they grew up together, eventually getting married. She invited many of the town to come to the wedding, but not many showed. She heard the whispers, "he was a dirty boy, now he's a dirty man". He worked on his parents farm who had left it for him. He still didnt clean up very well. But he did work hard on the farm. Eventually the woman grew tired of being shunned from other ladies, and asked her husband to clean up and go into town with her to show the others that he could be clean if he wanted to. He said no, but she kept up, and eventually the man told her, it never bothered you before, now because of the whispers, will you shun me also? It was true she knew, but she so wanted some female companionship that would come from the whisperers, so she kept at it. Then one day, tired of the complaining, he packed her things, set them on the porch and told her to leave and find someone who could live up to her ideals.

Both their faults.

Active
Sometimes I can be so complicated, I complicate my own self. Now could that be a "paradox", with a yearning of "complexity"! Now that is what happens when a "finite mind" like mines, tries to comprehend the ncomprehensibility of a "Infinite Being" who we call "The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY" in all caps. And not for londness but a display of "Sovereighty"

Loyal
Sorry forgot about unregenerate you see Jesus said something about the "regenerate" that was going to follow Him. So if there is a "regenerate" there must be a unregenerate"
World English Bible
Jesus said to them, "Most certainly I tell you that you who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on the throne of his glory, you also will sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Didnt answer the question.

Active

Lol

Loyal
Both their faults.
They both indeed had faults, but it was the woman who aligned herself with the man, and then wanted him to change into something he wasnt for her own satisifaction. He never changed from what she fell in love with. They were unequally yoked. The man was not evil, neither was the woman, but they were unequally yoked in that she could not have the fellowship with other ladies in the town while being married to him. She should either be content with the man she fell in love with, or be content that he kicked her out, so that she can finally have the fellowship she desired. You cant have everything the heart desires unless your desires are for the Lord alone. The godly thing to do would be to stay married to him and not try to change him, but instead change herself.

Loyal
@Brad Huber -- unequally yoked means that in marriage -- one is born again and the is not. It's more like 'getting married for all the wrong reasons'. Seems like her real nature didn't really like being cleaned up anymore than he did. He stayed true to his nature but she didn't. Either love each other for who they are Now -- with no intent of changing or don't get married.

Back decades ago when I was at Bible college there was a young lady who had a really nice looking boyfriend. He wasn't at college but she was. He wanted her to marry him, but she just wasn't really sure. Then while at college, she started getting to know a very unkempt guy who worked maintenance. He had No money and was obviously from a very poor background. He must have been at college on a scholarship. Or his church saw promise in him and was encouraging him to go to Bible college. She was secretly taking his dirty laundry and doing it in the women's dorm laundry room. That was a big no-no. Against the rules. She got caught and was asked Why. She said she really liked the guy and was just trying to help him. The guy had a roommate who always had to keep their dorm room window open all the time. And the guy always looked dirty, grimey. But he was a good student and a hard worker. She went to his home over a school break to meet his family. And she came back and told us about the experience. The guy's family lived in scquallor . It was horrible. To the shock of all of us -- she broke up with the really nice guy and ended up getting together with this guy. They got married that summer. She saw something in him that no one else did at that point in his life. They loved the Lord and they loved each other.

Life can seem strange.

Active
Why are so many people of "The Way" think about unequally yoke, is referring about bed room sheets all the time? It goes way beyond that, mention unequally yoke and some church going people minds goes on a one track mind overdrive. And get on a loop, going in a circle for years and never get off that one tracked mind of theirs! The text is referring to more than a marriage. If people would read the text like they should, no one would date or have a cup of coffee or tea with a certain person let alone get close enough to marry! "A ounce of prevention is worth more than a Pound of Cure". B. Franklin.

"Where is the wise men, where are the wise women". We are tried of hearing those old broke down broken records that do not work and those broken cisterns that cannot hold any water and those walls held together with "untempered mortar"!
There is no power n your words no strength there, no light piercing the darkness, no oil for the wounded! Why do your words have no life in them but you claim you are a bearer of light, you claim but there in no light shinning n you! Why when you speak, you have the echo's of dead men bones echoing in the streets. Why, because " of the little leaven you been hanging around has spoiled the whole lump". "It is the little Foxes [you been hanging around with] that spoils the vines"!

Do not be unequally yoke together with fake believers! Have you become so blind you cannot tell the difference?

Loyal
The passage being talked about is 2 Corinthians 6:14 -- to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness . And what communion has light with darkness."

It's Usually used in context with marriage partners. Believers getting together with non-believers. But it can be applied to any close relationship that a believer would have. And close relationships Usually relate To marriage. And marriage doesn't necessarily apply only to 'between the sheets' activity. People who are making decisions with another person Should be on the same page -- would Need to be on the 'same page' in order to move ahead Together.

@PloughBoy -- at times you seem to like to hear your self in print. And you like to make 'digs' at church-going people. And seem to think that you're the only person who reads a text correctly.

Well -- there Are those who Do practice not even having that cup of coffee or a nice walk in a park with anyone But another born again believer. But - in reality - no one wears a sign on them 'I'm a born again believer, I'm 'safe'". Sometimes ya really Do need to take time to get to know someone -- have conversation with them -- share some life with them to find out what they Do believe.

You're sounding like someone who's putting themself in a catagory Other than every one else in this world. Believe it or not -- You're on the Same level as everyone else. You're another human being with faults and strong points like all of us.

On another thread you were LOL at a couple of us who feel you're arrogant. Maybe you Should be taking a step back and realize that That is Not a compliment. Maybe you Need to re-evaluate how you 'sound' in print. You Might be running people Off. As fellow believers -- I trust you are one -- we Should be lifting up each other -- encouraging. You Seem to like to editorialize.

Loyal
It's Usually used in context with marriage partners. Believers getting together with non-believers. But it can be applied to any close relationship that a believer would have.
Yes, I have also usually heard this in the context of marriage. Admittedly being married would be a context of being "bound together".
But I wonder if this being "mostly" about marriage is an assumption on our part? I'm not 100% sure to be honest.

2Cor 6:14; Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2Cor 6:15; Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
2Cor 6:16; Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
“I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
2Cor 6:17; “Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord.
“And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you.
2Cor 6:18; “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty.

Hmmm.. "come out from their midst and be separate". Matt 19:6; and Mark 10:9; say "What God has joined, let no man put asunder". (let no man separate).

Malachi 2:16; For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong,” says the Lord of hosts. “So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”

It seems odd to me that God would say not to separate, and that He hates divorce. But then tell people to separate (get a divorce).

"do not touch what is unclean". Is an unbelieving spouse unclean?

1Cor 7:13; And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.
1Cor 7:14; For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

Paul says not to send the "unbelieving" spouse away. He says the unbelieving spouse is "sanctified" through the believing spouse. So they might still be un-saved, but are they "un-clean"?
(If they are still un-clean, does that mean your children are un-clean?)

"And I will be a father to you" ... (Says the Lord). If we stay married to an unbeliever, will God not accept us as children?

I could be wrong here, but it is food for thought. :)

Loyal
1Cor 5:9; I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;
1Cor 5:10; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.
1Cor 5:11; But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

It seems to me here, that we aren't to avoid "unbelieving sinners". We are told to avoid "so-called" Christians if they live immorally.
Although in most "real world situations". I tend to see the opposite.

Loyal
It is easy to waffle, I think, I too have done it, I too will no doubt do it again, not intentionally do I do it.

I come back to the beginning of the topic and have to say, I cannot help but wonder what is so hard to understand here?
We should ask ourselves... What is The Lord saying?
The Truth is always in The Word.

Lets look again at the scripture related to this topic, in context, not just one verse.

Here we have a personal message to all, especially those in difficulty at this time.

2 Corinthians 6:11-18 (NKJV)

11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open.
11 O Sister and others in this dilema! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open.

12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections.
13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.
For what fellowship has righteousness [which is Holy] with lawlessness? [which is sin]
And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer [born again from above] with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols?
For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

Here we have the extremes, the warnings, the question is do we listen?

Who is telling us what not to do here?
- What God has said
- says the Lord
- says the Lord Almighty

What is He telling us?
- Do Not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
- Come out from amongst the unGodly
- Do Not Touch them that are unclean... and - I will receive you. (Ponder these words in your heart)

We are not to mix righteousness with sin.
- Don't mix what is Holy with what is sin
- Light and darkness cannot have communion together, they are opposites
- Do we not know the Temple of God is within every believer, do we not know satan is the father of all unbelievers, all who are not born again from above.

Come out from amongst the unGodly

Do Not Touch them that are unclean... and - I will receive you. (Ponder these words in your heart)

Loyal
Yes, marriage is meant to be a picture of relationship between Christ and the church. The husband being the protector of his bride. The Church is the Bride of Christ.