• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Dilemma

I find myself facing a dilemma. I want to stop listening to secular music as it is making me depressed, and distracting me from my relationship with Christ. But my computer has a mixture of about 80% secular music and 20% Christian music. I don't want to have to delete all the secular music i have spent a lot of money on. What should i do?

Hello Drakkar.

You know what you must do.

You cannot live in both worlds, they are heading in opposite directions.

In space you can't breath, you will not last long out there.

Hit the delete button, there never was a choice.

Your getting closer. You actually are considering doing the act. I remember walking away from it all. I threw away a lot of stuff. When your ready, your ready.

Gary

I don't think the focus should be on the money aspect. I have thrown out a lot of expensive unGodly things, and the peace of mind I got was worth more than their perceived value was.

I can understand the financial aspect of the choice, because I see money as little bits of my life. Everything that we exchange money for we ultimately exchange parts of our lives for.
However, I must pose this question: Is it right to hold onto something we've exchanged our lives for if it does nothing more than bring us misery?

To explain my question I'll use an example. A man spends 1/3 of his life doing something for someone else in exchange for the money that goes along with it. What we choose to do with the money is our business, but a prudent man would spend his money on the things that can increase not only his happiness, but the expression of his joy onto others. An imprudent man will waste his money on things that do nothing more than allow for temporary joy, ultimately causing him to require more and more to satisfy his temporary lack of happiness.

Matthew 13:44-45
44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

I have spent alot of money

I find myself facing a dilemma. I want to stop listening to secular music as it is making me depressed, and distracting me from my relationship with Christ. But my computer has a mixture of about 80% secular music and 20% Christian music. I don't want to have to delete all the secular music i have spent a lot of money on. What should i do?
God and Heaven are priceless.

It sounds like the Lord has been speaking to you about this and you should be obedient and not worry about the cost you paid for the music. When God saved me, He immediately starting dealing with my choices in entertainment and I gave up thousands of dollars worth of CD's, DVD's, and magazines because they had no place in my life anymore, and I don't miss any of them because Jesus has filled that void 1000 times over.
God will not share your devotion to him with anything or anyone...He wants everything we have, and we need to be willing to give up anything to follow Him.
I'll be praying for you...I know the struggles you are facing and it's not an easy choice to make, but Jesus is worth it all.

"Use the WORD Luke." The old man said.

Depressed and distracting are a part of the curse

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

This is just one of the many, many, many things you will be faced with to choose btween what's right and what you know what God would have you to do. How you handle this will more than likely be the patter you follow the with other such challenges. I pray you feel the Lords way is the right choice.