• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Did Billy Graham "Perish" or "Reap Everlasting Life"?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Everyone dies physically.

Born once, die twice. (the second death is the Lake of Fire)
Born twice, die once.
In a way everyone lives forever, our spirits don't die.
However some of us will receive new bodies and abide with a new heavens and new earth.

The resurrection hasn't happened yet. Nor has the 2nd coming.

Born twice, die once.
However some of us will receive new bodies and abide with a new heavens and new earth.

"Eveyone dies physically" - any scriptural basis for that? (Save yourself quoting Heb 9:27 if you're not going to include verse 28)

Are you then communicating that Bill perished?

Active
Clearly he's present with us right now in the spirit even though being separated from his body.

How?

He's here right now, in his name, through Him.

Staff Member
So you've also "made a covenant with death and hell" (Isa 28:15).

It's amazing to me how many christians refuse to be "transformed by the renewing of the mind" (Rom 12:2).
Just a sliver under 100%.
Dear Michael,
How have you determined the words from Isaiah to mean me?
Also, how have you determined that by God's Grace, and Mercy we won't be seeing Billy Graham in Glory Land?
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
\o/
<><

Dear Michael,
How have you determined the words from Isaiah to mean me?
Also, how have you determined that by God's Grace, and Mercy we won't be seeing Billy Graham in Glory Land?
Nick
\o/
<><
It's pretty obvious by your language, you intend on dying physically in order to see Bill in "Glory Land".

Jesus said, "He that keeps my sayings shall NEVER SEE DEATH" - John 8:51, a verse not preached in the death-cults of christianity.

Staff Member
It's pretty obvious by your language, you intend on dying physically in order to see Bill in "Glory Land".

Jesus said, "He that keeps my sayings shall NEVER SEE DEATH" - John 8:51, a verse not preached in the death-cults of christianity.
Dear Michael,
What death was Jesus speaking of here?

Moderator: And as a warning, from the Moderator part of what I do. I suggest you stop with the comments that you add i.e. "a verse not preached in the death-cults of christianity.", " So you've also "made a covenant with death and hell". Because as much as you might have to share, it will be lost by the additions of such unnecessary comments, and I'll have to take action, either by giving you warning pts., or banning you. You might believe them to be true, but they do nothing to further, what I hope is a discussion that opens us to growing in knowledge and understanding of God's Word. If you'd like to discuss this part of my post further. I welcome you to Private Message (PM) me. Otherwise, I won't be expecting to see such comments in your postings anymore, regardless of who they are directed to.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Staff Member
Sin, of course.

Had to show forth The LORD's glory on this one. ;)
Are you answering my question to Michael?
Because if you are, I'm not quite sure of your answer because Jhn 8:51 NKJV - "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
Unless you want to add more context to your answer :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Staff Member
Dear Michael,
What death was Jesus speaking of here?

Moderator: And as a warning, from the Moderator part of what I do. I suggest you stop with the comments that you add i.e. "a verse not preached in the death-cults of christianity.", " So you've also "made a covenant with death and hell". Because as much as you might have to share, it will be lost by the additions of such unnecessary comments, and I'll have to take action, either by giving you warning pts., or banning you. You might believe them to be true, but they do nothing to further, what I hope is a discussion that opens us to growing in knowledge and understanding of God's Word. If you'd like to discuss this part of my post further. I welcome you to Private Message (PM) me. Otherwise, I won't be expecting to see such comments in your postings anymore, regardless of who they are directed to.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Greetings, if i may?

I don't see the issue with death cults and death and hell sort of stuff that this member writes, as the same member also has posted in supprort of Universalism and as such it wouldn't matter, anyway.
Seems like big strong words on an online forum with the internet as a hiding place to 'shoot' from? Seen it a lot over theyears and i back you about action being taken if a better approach is not evident from here on in.

======================
@Michael BoryAlis
none here are better than another and if any have received from the Lord, it is only by grace and mercy. Such kindness should be reciprocated and it is expected of all Members.

Please take a bit more time giving readers more than a slap in the face. We all appreciate the love of God being shared in how we relate to one another. As you might know, that is a BIG point in God's eyes, especially when it comes to Judgement.

Post in Peace

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings,

Born twice, die once.

I think you will find that the point being made here {thread} is that those in Christ will not die? Therefore, Christians do not die.

However we do need to take all into account, for example, when our Lord was talking to Martha who was distressed that her brother Lazarus had died, said, "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

As you are well aware Brother [ @B-A-C ], the larger context is always important to consider with this....

1Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 2(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.) 3Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick. 4When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. 5Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus. 6When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was. 7Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again. 8His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again? 9Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. 10But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him. 11These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 12Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 13Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 14Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. 15And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him. 16Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.

17Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already. 18Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off: 19And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. 20Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house. 21Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 22But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. 23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

28And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee. 29As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.

30Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him. 31The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there. 32Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. 35Jesus wept. 36Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! 37And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?

38Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. 39Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. 40Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? 41Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 42And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. 43And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

45Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
John 11:1-455

Bless you ....><>

Active
Are you answering my question to Michael?
Because if you are, I'm not quite sure of your answer because Jhn 8:51 NKJV - "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
Unless you want to add more context to your answer :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Sin is able to kill the spirit in us which is eternal; when our spirit dies in us, that's it--only God can restore a dead spirit.

Staff Member
@B-A-C

Greetings again Brother,

we read in Revelation 6...
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

and Revelation 3
Like them, the one who is victorious will be dressed in white. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

and Revelation 14
And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, "Blessed are the dead--those who die in the Lord from this moment on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them."

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Everyone dies physically, even Christians. Even Jesus did.

1Cor 15:22; For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
Rom 14:8; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
Php 1:21; For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Heb 9:27; And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
Rev 14:13; And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."
John 11:25; Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,
John 12:24; "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
1Cor 15:36; You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;

Luke 20:35; but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
Luke 20:36; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Some us will "live" forever. Eternal life. But none of the saved will live forever in the same physical body we have now.

John 6:50; "This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.
John 11:26; and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

In a way, everyone has eternal life. Even the unsaved. If you want to call this "living". The Bible calls this "second death".

Mark 9:48; where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.
Rev 2:11; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'
Rev 20:6; Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.
Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Both the righteous (saved) and wicked (unsaved) shall be resurrected one day.

John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Acts 24:15; having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

You can't be resurrected unless you're dead.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
1Cor 15:12; Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Cor 15:13; But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;
1Cor 15:14; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.
1Cor 15:15; Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised.
1Cor 15:16; For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;
1Cor 15:17; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
1Cor 15:18; Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
1Cor 15:19; If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.
1Cor 15:20; But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.
1Cor 15:21; For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.
1Cor 15:22; For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

1Cor 15:35; But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"
1Cor 15:36; You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;
1Cor 15:37; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
1Cor 15:38; But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.
1Cor 15:39; All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fish.
1Cor 15:40; There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
1Cor 15:41; There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
1Cor 15:42; So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
1Cor 15:43; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
1Cor 15:44; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
1Cor 15:45; So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
1Cor 15:46; However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
1Cor 15:47; The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
1Cor 15:48; As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
1Cor 15:49; Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

We have to die physically in order to receive our new bodies. We have to die in order to be resurrected.
Part of this is dying to "self" our own ego, our own fleshly desires. It's dying to what we want, and living for what God wants.
But the other part is... our physical bodies will still die. Even the apostles died.

Acts 12:2; And he had James the brother of John put to death with a sword.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
The resurrection has not already happened.

2Tim 2:18; men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.

This will happen when Christ returns and the trumpet is sounded.

1Cor 15:52; in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1Thes 4:16; For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Bill "perished".
He died.
He "lived after the flesh and reaped corruption" (Gal 6:8).

Bill was the perfect case study of most ALL christians and their FAKE FIVE FOLD ministries "THAT PROMISE LIBERTY BUT ARE SERVANTS OF CORRUPTION" - II PETER 2:19

Christian of this era are duped and doped by thinking the word "perish" in John 3:16 means Eternal Damnation.
Wrong.

Is that bannable?