• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Did Adam take the fall to follow his wife?

I love seeing elderly people holding hands and I am of the thought they are one flesh and are deeply in love. When my wife and pray together we reach out for each other’s hand without question. Our 30th wedding anniversary is this month and I consider we are one flesh too and I love her deeply.

Can we assume that in Genesis-Adam and Eve were the first married couple?

[Gen 2:25] And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

[Gen 2:24] Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

[Gen 3:20] Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living

[Gen 2:23] And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."

[Mat 19:5] “and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?

[Mar_10:8] 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh

[Gen 3:6] So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

These are just my thoughts about Adam and Eve. Because they were one flesh. Adam was madly in love with Eve and they could not be separated.

[Mat_19:6] "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

In saying that I believe Adam listened to Eve rather than God. Like a captain going down with his ship both Adam and Eve did the same thing. Having eaten from the tree they were doomed from the start. Our Holy Father knew this was going to happen and made recompense for their sin.

Active
He put her and himself above Him. I see it as the same thing when you like someone who wants to have sex before marriage. If you really love the person, you scream no and drag em out of it too, but it's quite hard.
Or if you're married and one wants to take weed and give you too. If Adam really loved her, he would have dragged her away. Luckily Jesus does that, the 2nd Adam.

Man is not a good saviour. Only God saves.

I always feel sorry for Adam. He was so happy that he found a wife. If he had just played w the rabbits instead, he'd have never eaten from that tree and he would still be alive alone.

Loyal
@newname -- ya, but who wants to be Alone. God created us with the desire for socializing / companionship. Of course, without That, there Might not be the next generation. And, yes, rabbits Do propagate a lot faster -- but I wouldn't want to be in danger of being killed and eaten if my loving husband got mad at me. :)

Loyal
Love and Marriage run through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Adam and Eve were the first married couple on earth, they were also, as we know, the first to sin, and caused separation from God. The fall of mankind.

It is not surprising, both Adam and Eve sinned, when we look closely at the scriptures. The devil was at work, the deceiver of souls, it was probably easier for satan to tempt Adam than it was to tempt Eve. Eve was tempted by what looked good, Adam was tempted by the serpent through his loving wife.

Temptation almost always begins by distorting authority. This was the approach Satan used when he came to Eve in the garden, taking God’s command and reshaping it, saying, “Did God actually say?”. Satan was undermining God's authority, he always does but he is so cunning with what he says, he didn't say. Go on—eat it, he said,You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

Satan always attacks, love, marriage, relationships and the church, because all of these are from God, each one is interlinked in God's overall plan.
- God is love, we are to love one another as Christ loves us - what does the devil do? He tries to set us against each other
- God created marriage, Blessed by His Love two become one, man and woman become one body in marriage
- Love + marriage = Man + woman in a relationship together, to share everything together, and give thanks to God.
- The Church, is built in God's Love, men and women, coming back to God, and in the latter days, through Jesus Christ our Lord, who is head of His Church, we are the Bride of Christ, Jesus is the Bridegroom. God is Love and Marriage is made in Heaven.

The devil, satan, the serpent, will always distort God's Word. The devil is the enemy of souls, he is cunning, he will always give us half truths and let us deny the consequences. Being tempted is not sin, satan tempted Jesus, Jesus didn't sin. We will be tempted, probably every day of our life, that is not sin, allowing yourself to be tempted and commit the act is sin. Every sin carries with it consequences, we must come to Jesus and repent from our heart.

Love and marriage, as the old song goes, go together like a horse and carriage.

Marriage is the coming together of man and woman, in the presence of God, making promises to each other for all their life together, woman is to accept and love man as her husband who is the head of the family, man is to respect and care for and love his wife, they are one body. Does the hand fight the feet, do the legs fight against each other, is one part of the body conflict with another, no, they are in harmony together, just as a husband and wife are one body together, they are to be in harmony one with the other.

In a nut shell, that is love and marriage, husband and wife, in one body, in harmony together, in the presence of God.

Can we assume that in Genesis-Adam and Eve were the first married couple?

Absolutely! Adam himself knew it too; vs 23 is Adam himself speaking.

Honestly, I’m thankful that Adam listened to his wife. It wasn’t until they ate the fruit and were kicked out of Eden that they began to have children. So... no sin, no me. No sin, no need for Jesus! Amen!

“It is not surprising, both Adam and Eve sinned, when we look closely at the scriptures. The devil was at work, the deceiver of souls, it was probably easier for satan to tempt Adam than it was to tempt Eve. Eve was tempted by what looked good, Adam was tempted by the serpent through his loving wife.”

Satan was able to deceive them because they had the mind of children. They didn’t even know at the time that they were naked. But even before Satan deceived Eve, Satan had already deceived the serpents. Satan didn’t tempt Eve himself, he convinced the serpent to approach her and beguile her.

It is interesting indeed, because Adam and Eve knew that they had dominion over the serpent. But they listened to him anyway.

Another interesting thought; if sin is disobedience, Satan must have been the very first sinner. Scripture does say that he was a murderer and liar from the beginning; it doesn’t say that about Adam.