• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Demonic wisdom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
Jas 3:13; Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good conduct with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14; But if you have bitter jealousy and strife in your hearts, do not glory and lie against the truth.
Jas 3:15; This is not the wisdom coming down from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16; For where envying and strife are, there is confusion and every foul deed.
Jas 3:17; But the wisdom that is from above is first truly pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18; And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

A popular saying from several years ago went like this...
"I've got plenty of luck,... and most of it is bad".

Now I don't really believe in luck, but the point here is, when you say you're lucky, most people assume it's "good" luck.
I think it's the same with wisdom, we assume all wisdom comes from God. There are certain things people say that seem like wise things.
According to James... some of the ways to tell if a bit of wisdom is godly or satanic, is to see purpose and result of that wisdom.

Does it cause bitter jealousy? strife? envy? confusion?
Or does that wisdom lead to peace, mercy, and good fruit?

There are times, even here on TalkJesus... I hate to say it but.. the "wisdom" some people impart leads a lot more to arguing, strife, and confusion
than it does to peace, mercy and gentleness.

As I read this... I can't help but be reminded of Galatians 5.

Gal 5:19; Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21; envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22; But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23; meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

It may seem like I'm shifting gears here from wisdom to the fruit of the spirit, but what I notice here is... it's the flesh that leads to envy, strife, dissensions, and
anger. It's the Spirit that causes love, peace, goodness, etc..

These two list are very similar to what James says about where a specific wisdom comes from..

I think sometimes when we are talking about Jesus and the Bible, and someone disagrees with us... we can't wait to get back into the ring and throw
the next punch. I wonder if that's what Jesus would have done?

Loyal Member
I like to call James 3:17 to be "Wisdom's children" as Jesus once said, "Wisdom is justified of all her children" Wisdom's children are revealed first to the person who has the Wisdom from above. I think the most important child of Wisdom is that it is, "first pure" as it says in verse 17, meaning the purity of Wisdom is that it will never compromise truth for any reason. Even if it means that people will persecute you, call you crazy, and or separate themselves from you. Once a person gets past the purity of Wisdom, then all the other Wisdom's children come into play.