• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Delicious Cinnamon Rolls

I love using this recipe and thought it would be good to post here. It works really well and everyone loves them. Sometimes I change the cinnamon for coco powder for chocolate rolls, great sugar fix and the bread is super light.

I have also tried the star pattern and it is plenty of fun, looks cute and family enjoy it. I use the recipe from the other site! ( Cafe delites)

Have a lovely day,

Winter

Staff Member
@EverlastingWinter

Thank you for sharing these recipes with us all and your additions and experience with them!

Have you tried the two ingredient mix with whatever topping you like?
The two are yoghurt and flour. Usually self raising. Very simple but you need to be ready as it must be done quickly for the best results. The results are nice, though,

Bless you ....><>

@EverlastingWinter

Thank you for sharing these recipes with us all and your additions and experience with them!

Have you tried the two ingredient mix with whatever topping you like?
The two are yoghurt and flour. Usually self raising. Very simple but you need to be ready as it must be done quickly for the best results. The results are nice, though,

Bless you ....><>

I have not! The Yogurt over here is rather expensive so I use condensed milk and coco powder for a chocolatey glaze :p, It is delicious! For those who wish to try 4tbsp Condensed milk, 1 tbsp 100% Coco Powder.
Thank you so much for the recipe though, I will try it in the future ( When the Yoghurt is on discount !)

Staff Member
Greetings,

The rough recipe is

• 1 cup yoghurt (Greek as it is this thicker and more suitable)
  • 2 cups flour
Mix and if need be add more of either until an elastic non sticky dough.
Cut or break sections to the size you want (depending on what your plan is)
Roll as flat as possible and fry in non stock pan for a flat bread sort of thing or,
Roll out to a sausage shape and curl or plait and oven cook at mid heat or,
Make small balls and like the above, oven heat (bake)

Add any toppings like either garlic, herbs, salt, butter, etc or cinnamon, sugar, honey or other combination of spices (mainly for the oven bake ones)

With the flat bread ones, cook until very slightly browned and flip and do other side. They rise a bit and can be used for anything you fancy.

If you don't have self raising flour, use plain but you'll need some baking powder.
Using other yoghurt than Greek will mean it is runnier and will need higher flour ratio and when all is said and done, the result is not as good.

I've only made it a couple of times but keep reminding myself that we should do some more. It is nice and worth it and is simple enough for even me!

Plenty of recipes and ideas online as well and no doubt better explained than what I have done, but this gives the basic run down.

Most important is to get organized first and be quick about it, once you start.

Enjoy ....><>