• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Dealing with hate.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hello.
First time poster here.

My biggest weakness is hate, I find myself getting so angry just browsing the internet, listening to the news etc. I have come to hate Islam with a passion due to the acts of terrorists and child rape gangs in my country (UK), I have to keep reminding myself that people should be judged individually, but I get angry that some would believe in such an awful (imo) religion which has so little to back up its claims, especially when they go on to ridicule Christ.
I feel angry when I see injustice in the news, when children are hurt / killed, when criminals are given more human rights than the righteous.

I feel I’m not alone, politics appears to have polarised and people are divided, there’s no middle ground. You’re either left or right. Maybe that’s just how the world appears to me? But people I speak to seem to agree.

My problem is that I recognise this ‘anger’ I have and I KNOW what Jesus would say. I’m just not sure I have the ability to feel compassion and forgiveness for the extreme people in society who prey on the weak and innocent, for those that ridicule and detest Jesus, despite his love.

We all sin, but most I believe can be overcome. I’m not sure how one can just switch off those inner emotions when life has thrown up some offensive individuals. How do you deal emotionally with people that your inner self finds repulsive? Is it even possible to remove hate completely form your life?

Loyal
Its easy to hate the sin we see in others, for that matter, its just plain easy to hate. But even if its righteous anger, its a slippery slope, for we are to hate the sin, not the sinner. That being said, Islam is false, just learn to point it out when needed without losing your temper if possible. Also learn more about it, so that you can better understand some of the ways they are wrong. I read the book "In the Shadow of the Sword." by Tom Holland. Its very informative about the rise of Islam and how easy it is to find the red flags that prove its false narrative.

Loyal
. I’m just not sure I have the ability to feel compassion and forgiveness for the extreme people in society who prey on the weak and innocent, for those that ridicule and detest Jesus, despite his love.
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum.
Got some good news for you. You don't to feel this compassion to forgive and love.

Nope scripture tells us we walk by Faith and not feelings.
God has not ever told us to do anything once we can Feel it, no He simply said do it.

Start practicing Love and pray for those who anger you.

We all sin, but most I believe can be overcome.
All can be overcome not most.
It's through Christ that we can do so.

I’m not sure how one can just switch off those inner emotions when life has thrown up some offensive individuals. How do you deal emotionally with people that your inner self finds repulsive? Is it even possible to remove hate completely form your life?
Again we must crucify the flesh daily and walk in Love and Forgiveness.

Your emotions are a part of your flesh in which you will need to learn how to walk in the Spirit so you can keep the flesh in check.

Repulsive?
That's easy, change the way you see them. Pray for them and forgive them.
Repulsive feeling is just another fruit of uncrucified flesh.

Blessings to you and Welcome Again

Loyal
@Daniel77

Welcome to the forum, friend! Man cannot in himself find a solution to the problems you mention, but Jesus said that He is the Way and the Truth and the Life. If we get into Him and follow Him we will not fail to achieve what God wants us to achieve.
Give God the glory!