• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

DEAD WITH CHRIST

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
2Ti 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Christ, we shall also live with him:

If we be dead with Christ, we shall live with Him. If a believer does not believe they are dead with Christ, in this faith walk, they shall not live with him; because they do not believe they are dead with Christ. The reason Christ died is for sin (Rom. 15:3).

A believer is told to reckonthemselves to be dead unto sin, because God is not imputing sin unto believers (Rom. 6:10, 11; 4:8). These are from the same Greek word, with the same meaning. We as believers are to think and conclude ourselves to be dead unto sin.

G3049 (impute, reckon)
logizomai
Middle voice from G3056; to take an inventory, that is, estimate (literally or figuratively): - conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

Rom 6:10 For in that Jesus died, he died unto sin once: but in that he lives, he lives unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

All believers “HAVE DIED” unto “SIN ONCE” with Christ; this happens when a believer initially comes to Jesus Christ and confesses “ONCE” they agree with God that they are a sinner and have sinned (1Jo. 1:9: Rom. 10:9, 10). Once the sinner does this, God cleanses and sanctifies that believer and will not impute sin unto him or her ever again.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with Christ by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Col 3:3 For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Loyal
2Ti 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Christ, we shall also live with him:

If we be dead with Christ, we shall live with Him. If a believer does not believe they are dead with Christ, in this faith walk, they shall not live with him; because they do not believe they are dead with Christ. The reason Christ died is for sin (Rom. 15:3).

A believer is told to reckonthemselves to be dead unto sin, because God is not imputing sin unto believers (Rom. 6:10, 11; 4:8). These are from the same Greek word, with the same meaning. We as believers are to think and conclude ourselves to be dead unto sin.

G3049 (impute, reckon)
logizomai
Middle voice from G3056; to take an inventory, that is, estimate (literally or figuratively): - conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

Rom 6:10 For in that Jesus died, he died unto sin once: but in that he lives, he lives unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

All believers “HAVE DIED” unto “SIN ONCE” with Christ; this happens when a believer initially comes to Jesus Christ and confesses “ONCE” they agree with God that they are a sinner and have sinned (1Jo. 1:9: Rom. 10:9, 10). Once the sinner does this, God cleanses and sanctifies that believer and will not impute sin unto him or her ever again.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with Christ by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Col 3:3 For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Dead with Christ and now raised up and alive with Him.
Romans 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:13

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God

Active
@Bendito,
Yes, dead with Christ and risen with Him. Romans 6:1 ask the question: Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? The answer: How! Or God forbid. How can we that are dead to sin, live any longer in it (Rom. 6:1, 2). The sin spoken of here is a verb.

Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom. 6:11).

I noticed you didn’t mention Romans 6:10. Christ died unto sin once... We are told to believe, reckon, account it and think that we also have died unto sin once. If I still sin, I have not died unto sin; therefore, I cannot be dead with Christ from sin.

Because believers are raised with Christ, we have been justified or made and determined Righteous (by faith) in God’s mind. We have been found to be innocent of all sin once for all time. Remember, if you look at your fleshly works as sin, you have not taken hold of Christ Righteousness. Christ took your sins, and gave you His Righteousness. You cannot serve two masters.

Your mention of Romans 6:13 is talking about serving Satan; not sin as a verb. As I said, Romans 6:1, 2, are verbs. Romans 6:12-22 are nouns. This is how God spoke to Cain when Satan was at the door.

Gen 4:7 If thou do well, shall thou not be accepted? and if thou do not well, sin lies at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shall rule over him.

Romans 6:17 shows how sin is being used and who it’s revealing. We were the servants of sin (Satan) and have obeyed from the heart the doctrine delivered unto us (Rom. 6:17).

We are now servants of Righteousness/God and not servants of sin/Satan.

Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin/Satan, ye were free from righteousness/God.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin/Satan, and become servants to God/Righteousness, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

This is also what Paul was speaking about.

Rom 7:23 But I see another law (influence, will or force) in my body, warring against the law of my mind (will and God's word), and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin (influence of Satan) which is in my body.